Holiday GP at Pala Mx 12/15 side x side classes are back!!!

motomedic

Mar 14, 2010
Hey gang, it's that time of the year again for Pala's Holiday GP and back by popular demand are the side x side classes. Sign up, come out and enjoy some fun family racing. 45 minute motos on a five mile loop tack that includes most of the track and trails at Pala Mx

http://www.motocrossfast.com/12-hgp.html

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
The last time we raced the Pala GP in UTV's the Polaris XP was non existant. Now we have the Polaris XP 900, Maverick 1000 by CanAm, Wildcat 1000 by Arctic Cat. This will be great to see who's on top of there game at the next Pala GP.

Check it out!!!!

motomedic

Mar 14, 2010
You are right it is going to be off the hook with the manufactures all stepping up their game. I've been emailing with Kirk from Pala Mx. He said he will let the side x side drivers police themselves as far as which classes we enter. I have to stress the importance of this turn out boys! Pala is being way cool adding these classes back into their already packed program. It's late notice but everyone needs to text email call fb there crews and get a big showing otherwise it could be the end of these classes for good.

Lets represent with a good turn out and disciplined drivers. I don't recall exactly how it was last race but basically broken into cc's groups and suspension categories. Any 1st generation Rzrs were allowed in the 700 class as long as the weren't Rzr S with the stock long travel. Any cars with mods and long travel or aftermarket suspension were in the mod class (probably the 800 class now)

I don't know... This is all speculation on my part. I guess we can keep it simple and go by cc's but there are going to be some disadvantages out there if we do that lol

As far as safety goes Kirk said protective gear (helmets googles gloves pants etc etc) safety nets or doors.

motomedic

Mar 14, 2010
Yep I agree super late notice but still very cool of Pala to throw the classes back in the mix.

They run a lot of races/series and I'm sure they will take into consideration the late notice on getting the word out if turn out is low but still PROPs to em.

This was one of the funniest things I've done in my car to date

Plus summerbros threw in three sets of axles for each class winner. Still have mine in the box ready to throw on lol

Call everyone get em out there. Race is at 3pm come out mid day. Weather should be good and tracks are drying out as we speak I bet!

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
Pala Raceway had the heli out that weekend and put together a video!

Be smart and drive safe remember safety is first and bring what ever you have ready to race..

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
What a day for UTV Racing at Pala Raceway. We should be glad to have a place to race in So Cal and the GP course mixes it up a little bit.
Shaw Motorsports takes the holeshot and never looks back to take the overall 1st place finish in the 1000cc class in a bone stock Polaris XP 900.
IMG Motorsports's James Hill was on his tail until he had car issues.The top 3 finishers were sponsored by Black Rhino performance. There was cars falling out quick with tire and wheel issues. Get some PITBULL TIRES and you won't have any issues, and bead locks are a must.Greg Row was in the mix battling it out till the end.
Highlight of the race:
Bryan Osborn from Black Rhino/Racer X in his Powered Kawasaki shows up right when they line up for a sight lap and he unloads and takes off late. The UTV's finish there lap and a XP with Alba stickers pulls in with 2 flats and 4 of us lift the car and get them changed just before the race starts. Bryan Osborn was battling in his Kawasaki proving that it can keep up with the Polaris XP 900. He battled the last couple laps but just couldn't get by.He was putting on the pressure in hopes that the the Alba car would make a mistake and he didn't.

Awesome race and you should come out for the next 3 rounds.

Last edited:

motomedic

Mar 14, 2010
What a fun day of racing! Thanks for taking Pics I can't wait to see them.

Old faithful "Got Err" done for me again! Took the W in the 700 stock " I can't afford an XP" class

I felt like I could drive with the rest of em but got yarded on the straights start and rough section. Damn I need an XP lol

Come on Polaris release a 1000!

Wife got some great pics of the event as well. Ill get them up soon

Everyone come out to rd 2!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000