Yamaha How does this happen????

AZCourt

AZ's Finest - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 11, 2009
Sand in the float bowl. It didnt come in through the fuel inlet, the only other place I can think of is the vent. This is what killed me at the worcs race yesterday, looks like a little bit of snowflake to me. The pilot was completely plugged but the main seemed clear. The accelerator pump was plugged up too.

family wagon

White Knuckled - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
Riverside
Damn that sucks !!! My buddy had that happ to his dirt bike and the only thing we could think of was the vents. Got to love the sand it always finds a way in :(

OLET

Grabbin' Gears - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 9, 2009
Sand in the float bowl. It didnt come in through the fuel inlet, the only other place I can think of is the vent. This is what killed me at the worcs race yesterday, looks like a little bit of snowflake to me. The pilot was completely plugged but the main seemed clear. The accelerator pump was plugged up too.

At least it is a easy fix right! You didnt blow your motor so you have to keep racing with us! Remember thats what you told me before the race:D CHECK THAT AIR FILTER MAKE SURE YOU DONT HAVE ANY HOLES IN IT , IT MIGHT BE WORTH REPLACING , OUTERWEAR?

AZCourt

Feb 11, 2009
The last time this motor and carb were used was snowflake. I'm guessing some of that mud got shoved up the vent washing it. Ill be back for sure. Hopefully with my own motor as I'd hate to blow up justins.

OLET

Grabbin' Gears - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 9, 2009
The last time this motor and carb were used was snowflake. I'm guessing some of that mud got shoved up the vent washing it. Ill be back for sure. Hopefully with my own motor as I'd hate to blow up justins.
Benchmark motor?

JaYpEeYoOeSsAy

Figure that user name out! - UTVUnderground Approv
Dec 13, 2009
ive seen this before in my buddies car and his fuel filter had a small rip in it... but in that case it ususally takes the fuel tank to run pretty low and have a bad filter...

AZCourt

Feb 11, 2009
Not a benchmark motor, kelly at pdm had a bunch of parts and put it together for us. Runs good when the carb isn't full of sand. I don't think it came in with the fuel as there is a sock on the pickup in the tank and a brand new filter on the pump. It ran the entire snowflake race without problem. Just got it in my car last week and really had no test time at all.

bigtom

Bigtom RZR's Edge Racing - UTVUnderground Approved
Dec 7, 2009
10n yrs in old sandrail no problems, new rail 4th season, no problems, run dual filters, and its a closed recirculating system. change filters yearly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000