All UTV's i need help not buying a Maverick!

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
So I sold my rhino and rzr1 last year and bought a bought a T4 in march. All knowing it was just a family cruiser and I wanted a fast sport ride to semi race for me.

I held out and watched the wildcat flop due to its hand full of issues.

But now the Maverick landed in town yesterday and I want one bad. I really need to wait for poolaris to announce new years day.

12 days to wait to hear what's coming out then wait months to get one will put me out of dune season.

I don't know if I can wait this long.

Ahhhhhhh. I need help resisting the Mac until new years.

az_amsoil

Amsoil Arizona - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 22, 2009
Engine and interior is nice, clutch sucks, feels top heavy and the rear end is a pogo stick.

transcribed by carrier pigeon for Tapatalk

Glamisfan

Oct 26, 2009
imperial valley
Johnny from UTV Inc says that the Maverick goes through the whoops at the bottom of Old's much better and faster than his xp! Mega, go look at a Maverick. Take out the passenger seat. Look at the bulkhead for the rear shock! It's boxed in, about two feet tall, and it just oozes desert inspired quality! Put one hand on it from behind where the seat was, and your other hand on it from the tire side. I know that you're a fellow fabricator, and I guarantee that you will be impressed!

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
I drove one in Glamis and was very impressed.

I have been looking at my neighbors commander and the quality is very good.

I am just worried I will be missing out on the next best thing. But poolaris has really let me down in the past.

Glamisfan

Oct 26, 2009
imperial valley
I hear ya. I've got a rzr4 and a Maverick in my garage, so I've been doing a little comparing, and there is no comparison! If you go to look at what I'm talking about on the rear shock mount, then do this also. Look at the mount for the rear of the lower front a arm. Now look at the tube and 4 boxed braces that are welded into the frame between that a arm mount and the mount for the other side. The Rhinos had nothing there, and upon a lawn dart, the frame would kink in. Seen it done on a friend's. I welded a tube in mine as I was building it. I was going to do it to the Maverick also. But as I'm looking it over, I see the factory already took care of it! I was shocked! Poolaris isn't going to just start building quality like that, are they?

Spicoli

Feb 26, 2011
So Cal
The polaris quality isnt as well as it should be but they have the most fun vehicles. I have yet to drive a maverick but have heard all positive feedback...I would still wait till after the new year just in case.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
Just do it! Buy now regret later! Unless, you are positive Polaris is going to release some crazy new machine I don't see a need to wait.

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
Buddy, if you want to have the latest and greatest your going to have a new rod every season these days. Don't get me wrong, not a bad way to live, but out of my tax bracket! Polaris will likely release an improved XP and then AC will release the polished and corrected Wildcat all in time for the next and better version of the Maverick to surface. Yamaha can't sit the game out forever and you know they'll come in with a game changer and it go on and on and on. What a great time for the sport!!

dezerteryx

Jun 13, 2010
san marcos
i have driven both and and would hands down go with the maverick. it is just built better in every area and way more comfortable to be in. the XP is a good idea just poorly built and will take alot upgrading to keep it going. even if polaris does come out with a new sport model it probably wont be on sale till next season. personaly im going to try and wait till this summer to buy a new ride and see some real reviews of the maverick and what other new sport models come out.

KEN1

Mar 14, 2011
Mesa, AZ.
So I sold my rhino and rzr1 last year and bought a bought a T4 in march. All knowing it was just a family cruiser and I wanted a fast sport ride to semi race for me.

I held out and watched the wildcat flop due to its hand full of issues.

But now the Maverick landed in town yesterday and I want one bad. I really need to wait for poolaris to announce new years day.

12 days to wait to hear what's coming out then wait months to get one will put me out of dune season.

I don't know if I can wait this long.

Ahhhhhhh. I need help resisting the Mac until new years.
I would never,ever buy the first year of any vehicle.Always to many bugs to be worked out.Why don't you just let me hold your money so you don't do anything foolish with it.:)

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
I would never,ever buy the first year of any vehicle.Always to many bugs to be worked out.Why don't you just let me hold your money so you don't do anything foolish with it.:)
Agreed, when we lived in Wyoming we took up mud racing quads. Arctic Cat came out with the MudPro 700 and I HAD to have it. So I bought it, modded it and whooped some hiner until the next model year when they turned out the MudPro 1000. I was pretty bummed about that except that it turned out to kinda be a sucky mud machine for the displacement.

Bumpers

Jan 23, 2012
I would wait.. canam has been using the powerplant for some time but I would rather let others test it out and see what bugs come about.

We have a couple Mavericks in stock. If you want one I will get you a fair honest deal. We are going to be at the dunes for new years weekend with the Maverick, Cat, XP and XP4. I would be happy to take a few people for a ride in the different models. Feel free to call or text me to set up a time.
Thanks,
Art Wood
Bert's Mega Mall
Cell # 951-318-0906

Simi Dude

La Familia For Life !!
Feb 25, 2010
Simi Valley Ca.
I drove the Maverick x this past weekend....MY WAY!! on an old desert race course in Cal City. You know the kind with 1' deep tire grooves, then when it rains it makes them even deeper and turn into nasty ruts.

I am the owner of 2 XP 900's so of course I was comparing to what I have My conclusion is this, The Maverick X is a awesome car, The suspension works much better than my XP9's. I drove the Maverick much harder than my own cars, But it's a rental right! It has a heaver feel to it, not as nimble as the XP9. Top speed was about 73mph same as the XP9, but from the seat of the pants I think the XP9 will out excelerate it. If I was racing desert I would choose the Maverick, it seemed much more comfertible for spending lots of time behind the wheel.
Just my opinion.
Great Job Can Am!!

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Good info guys.

With the pm's and calls I received yesterday I need to wait, but I will still go touch one tomorrow and talk otd pricing.

I sure hope I can resist the urge.

desertwheeler

Extra Crispy
Oct 25, 2011
Barstow
I feel your pain man I could have already got one for a decent price but I have to wait too and I can't stop thinking about this thing, I'm driving the wife nuts! Haha

Spicoli

Feb 26, 2011
So Cal
We have a couple Mavericks in stock. If you want one I will get you a fair honest deal. We are going to be at the dunes for new years weekend with the Maverick, Cat, XP and XP4. I would be happy to take a few people for a ride in the different models. Feel free to call or text me to set up a time.
Thanks,
Art Wood
Bert's Mega Mall
Cell # 951-318-0906
Art I would love to take you up on that offer. I will text you my info. My friend would really also like to ride in all of them since he is looking to buy a UTV. I actually told him to wait until after polaris announces the new models. I didnt want him to be disappointed if he bought something 2 weeks too early. I have rode in Rzr, Rzr S, XP, XP4, Rhino, Teryx but I really want to ride in a Wildcat 4 and Maverick. Too bad the maverick 4 is not coming out until summer 2013. My next ride most likely will be a 4 seater unless I keep my Turbo Rzr and buy another 2 seater which is also a choice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000