Katie Vernola Round 1 WORCS Race report

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
WORCS Round 1 in Taft, Ca January 9th

Janurary 13, 2016

Niko and Shawn from Andersin Designs & Graphics drove out with me to Taft, Ca. We set up camp with my new Action Sports Canopy, passed through tech, and took one last look at the rzr before the first race of the year. Saturday morning I put on my new K1 Race Gear and took some photos with my new canopy, new truck wrap, and my new Polaris RZR 1000. I started far outside of eight other women and came out of turn one in fifth place. After a few turns and one huge step up, I quickly jumped in second. My power steering continued to go out forcing me to shut off the rzr multiple times going back and forth passing between 2nd to 4thplace. I got rear-ended and my exhaust was hanging off which forced me to pull into the pits. I’m bummed I didn’t have any luck in the race so I went back to the starting line to race the Pros SxS class next. I barley had time to gas up, but I was eager to get back out on the track and give it another try. Off the starting line in the pro class I came into turn 1 in second place then had the lead in my row. A few short miles later I Unfortunately broke an a-arm half way through the first lap in the Pro SXS class. I tried to make it back to the pits but I was farther than I thought which ended my day. I want to thank Todd from Absolute Motorsports for helping me back to camp! It was my first time driving the new build so I’m happy with the overall outcome of how the rzr handled. This is not the way I wanted to start the season, but I know exactly what I need to do to win round 2.
Womens SxS #72, 9th place.
Pro SxS #72, DNF.

Click the link to see the full photo gallery. http://www.katievracing.com/category/blog/

1C8C4841.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000