King of the Hammers Roll Call

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
Got some bad news this morning.
At 4am, my dad had a heart attack. He is in ICU and stabilized, but with unequal heart beats.

Too early to know what's going to happen or effects. Gameplan is to still proceed towards making KOH, but just don't know. I've left the hospital and am back at my office for the time being.
I'll keep you all posted on what direction things are going once we figure them out, my head is still spinning trying keep things going here.
If any of you are of faith, prayers would be appreciated...
I'm sorry to hear that. Family matters definitely put things into perspective. I'll keep your dad in my prayers. I hope things work out well.

-b

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
Where's the best place to get some nets built quickly? Jeff Knoll suggested PRP, but I haven't had a chance to call them yet. What are your thoughts?

megonzo

Jan 25, 2011
Cedar City, UT
At 4am, my dad had a heart attack. He is in ICU and stabilized, but with unequal heart beats.

Too early to know what's going to happen or effects. Gameplan is to still proceed towards making KOH, but just don't know. I've left the hospital and am back at my office for the time being.
I'll keep you all posted on what direction things are going once we figure them out, my head is still spinning trying keep things going here.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.. May God bless.

Take care and keep the faith,

Joanne

DUNE DUMMY 29

OG Sticker Man - UTVUnderground La Familia
Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com

OUR THOUGHTS & PRAYERS GO OUT TO YOU, YOUR DAD & YOUR FAMILY. MY MOM HAD A MASSIVE STROKE & BRAIN BLEED IN NOVEMBER. SHE IS HOME NOW & DOING REASONABLY WELL. I DEFINITELY KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH. WE HAD TO FLY TO ARKANSAS.

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
Thank you all. They have him under monitored observation to determine what his heart is doing. It beats 10-12 beats and then stops for a few seconds, then goes again. Don't know how much damage has been done or is being done. They've given him all kinds of drugs. We'll know more tomorrow.

I'm still pushing to make KOH, but may not arrive till Tuesday or even Wednesday now. I know tech is Wednesday from 10 to 4pm. I'm hoping that I can make that, but if not, guess I'm a spectator then...But I bet Jeff K will work with me...

Again, thank you to everyone for the thoughts and prayers. This is just something I'm not prepared to handle. My dang dad better live forever....

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
Yup, PRP came through again just like they did with my RZR seats. Aaron is bringing my nets to JV on Monday.

Team Green

Reid Nordin - UTVUnderground Approved
Jun 30, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.WalkerEvansEnt.com
A couple of things, first, Daryl, family first and our prayers are with you and your family. We pray not only for your father but for all of the healthcare workers looking after him!

I just got back from HammerTown dropping off my trailer (load 1). HammerTown is shaping up with the street signs, big and little tents going up all over the place. And not to mention the early arriving competitors.

I plan on making a UTVUG sign at the point where you all need to turn left to find camp. If you reset your odo when you cross the concrete bridge, the turn will be .3 miles from that point. If you get to the BLM sign on the right you went a little too far. The turn is actually at a bend in the road that goes right but you'll need to go left. Clear as mud right?

Interesting factiod #1 - Just as I was leaving a second semi load of firewood was being dropped in HammerTown and it was not windy and 50 degrees.

See y'all at camp Underground!

66cummins

moab junkie
Dec 4, 2009
Darryl, My thoughts and prayers go out for your dad. We just lost a close family friend, tough for sure. If there is anything I can do to help you get out here in time just ask....

Another in agreement for PRP!!! They rock!

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
I'll be out there around 8 tomorrow morning. I'll be setting up in the UTV UG camp area. 42' black race trailer.

Tim from Yoshimura is meeting me out there to fit and tune their newest pipe creation for DragonFire. This will be the first one to see the daylight from the production jigs. If you guys are interested, stop by and check it out. It's supposed to be lighter, quieter, and .5 HP more than the current setup, a win win win.

Special thanks to Fiber-Tech/Rated X Motorsports in Santee for knocking out a killer roof for me yesterday. Rated X Motorsports - High Performance Parts and Accessories for Your Sand Toys RatedXMotorsports.com.

-b

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
I'll be out there around 8 tomorrow morning. I'll be setting up in the UTV UG camp area. 42' black race trailer.

Tim from Yoshimura is meeting me out there to fit and tune their newest pipe creation for DragonFire. This will be the first one to see the daylight from the production jigs. If you guys are interested, stop by and check it out. It's supposed to be lighter, quieter, and .5 HP more than the current setup, a win win win.

Special thanks to Fiber-Tech/Rated X Motorsports in Santee for knocking out a killer roof for me yesterday. Rated X Motorsports - High Performance Parts and Accessories for Your Sand Toys RatedXMotorsports.com.

-b

Looks like everythings coming together nicely for the race. :cool:

cuflipn

KawiCrawler - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 16, 2010
St George UT
Darryl I am sorry to hear about your dad!! We have you all in our thoughts with positive energy and all our prayers!!

Secondly, me and my friends finished the Kawi-Crawler last night!!

#8901 WILL be racing!!! :D I still have to figure out the out of state temp permit thing and will have to reg on sit but all is good we will be there early Sunday afternoon!!

Cheers,

Brett

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
Temp permits will be on sale Sunday at the lake bed for $30. Confirmed by Jeff Knoll about 10 minutes ago.

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
Thanks Brett, glad to see you finished your Teryx, that is one awesome machine.

Update on my dad, he had another heart attack this morning. The tests run so far are showing minimal damage to the heart though. At 1pm today, he is having a cardiac catheterization to determine what treatment course they will follow. Either stents put in or heart by-pass surgery are the major options.

At this point, it's not looking very prudent or possible for me to make KOH. If things were to drastically improve, I might make it out there Tuesday or Wednesday, but that probably won't happen.

So that means lots of pictures will be needed, lots of stories and trip reports, and have a few Coronas Thursday night for me.

*^%$, I can't tell you how much this all sucks, to push so hard to get the car ready for going out and hanging out with the greatest bunch of folks there are. But I'm a believer that everything happens for a reason....

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
One more update. If you're racing you MUST park along pit row, per BLM. There is to be no working on vehicles in the camp areas. Jeff said there was no room for sliding on this.

cuflipn

KawiCrawler - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 16, 2010
St George UT
Temp permits will be on sale Sunday at the lake bed for $30. Confirmed by Jeff Knoll about 10 minutes ago.
Good news there thank you!

Thanks Brett, glad to see you finished your Teryx, that is one awesome machine.

Update on my dad, he had another heart attack this morning. The tests run so far are showing minimal damage to the heart though. At 1pm today, he is having a cardiac catheterization to determine what treatment course they will follow. Either stents put in or heart by-pass surgery are the major options.

At this point, it's not looking very prudent or possible for me to make KOH. If things were to drastically improve, I might make it out there Tuesday or Wednesday, but that probably won't happen.

So that means lots of pictures will be needed, lots of stories and trip reports, and have a few Coronas Thursday night for me.

*^%$, I can't tell you how much this all sucks, to push so hard to get the car ready for going out and hanging out with the greatest bunch of folks there are. But I'm a believer that everything happens for a reason....
Darryl, I am sorry to hear!! I know first hand how much work you have been doing and how big of a crash this must be on all levels!! We will keep you all in our thoughts and take a ton of pictures!!

All our best to you and your family!

One more update. If you're racing you MUST park along pit row, per BLM. There is to be no working on vehicles in the camp areas. Jeff said there was no room for sliding on this.
Ok so this is news... Is there more detail here? I mean does this mean we have to have a $$$ pit?? cant we camp at the Underground site and just drive down for the race...

It would be a great help if you could point in the direction for more info on this.

Thank you!

megonzo

Jan 25, 2011
Cedar City, UT
Huh? Gotta figure out what this means to me as my vehicle will be on vendor row........
Edit to add....we may already have a pitt....not sure yet. Gads zooks this is getting complicated.

Team Green

Reid Nordin - UTVUnderground Approved
Jun 30, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.WalkerEvansEnt.com
Huh? Gotta figure out what this means to me as my vehicle will be on vendor row........
Edit to add....we may already have a pitt....not sure yet. Gads zooks this is getting complicated.

I just got off of the phone with Jeff and he explained the situation to me so I'll try to clear this up.

I will start by saying that everyone needs to understand that Jeff has been working with the BLM on this for a very long time and since the California 200 accident things have gotten more complicated and strict. All of this should be understandable to all of us and we need to work together to make this a great event that put this type of event and us as a community in a good light.

The BLM is requiring all work on race cars to be done in the official Hammertown pits both pre, post and during the race. The pit spots are first come first serve (if you are not a vendor).

You can camp anywhere, except in the staff and volunteer areas. No work, including adding or removing any fluids can be done outside of the official pits.

If any Kawasaki Teryx's need to work on anything I will offer up our official area where our semi is parked. I will work with my crew there to set up an area that can be used if needed. We are doing Teryx demo's from this semi but I think we can squeeze in a work area if needed. Please see me if you need something done.

Jeff did not specifically say you couldn't park (camp) somewhere else and bring the car into the pit area to be worked on but I'm guessing that might be OK. BLM will be patroling all camp areas to make sure everyone is following this rule, so don't be surprised if they show up in the UG camp. If your SXS is not racing they can't say much about working on it since you'll be recreating and not racing.

It would be my suggestion that as a group we try to secure some official pit area for this work purpose. During the race you'll never need to use this area since the UTV course only starts and finishes in Hammertown. There is a remote pit if needed but race prep won't happen there.

You'll need a fuild collection device to put under your SXS when adding or removing any fluid including fuel.

Do us all a favor and over do it when trying to keep this from being an issue.

Clear as mud again?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000