My new 2015 Mav XDS 1000R Turbo 6061 Bumpers, Hitch, Under Hood Winch, E Brake

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
I am a little confused on the winch set up, do you route it down from the hood and then out the bottom, or do you have 2 winches and use the under hood one as a back up or 2nd point of contact in case you get really stuck?

The vehicle has obviously been built to tackle some very rough terrain

Bob Dog

Nov 7, 2015
it mounts under the hood up out of the mud with an aluminum angle bracket shown. and there is 1 sheave that routes the line down and out to the bumper fair lead (not shown). Its a high mount but a low tow point. With easy access to the winch release through the drivers side tire well or just pop off the hood. I only have the 1 winch or if you have the none turbo Mav the winch can mount with one of there low mount brackets in this same bumper it would mount behind this beefy 3/16 aluminum gusseted skid plate.... your right its ready for war but its still light the front bumper is only 30LBS with the skid plate and the rear is 21LBS. They are working on my spare tire mount for it soon

Bob Dog

Nov 7, 2015
its been dry in FL so I have been running these tires! It handles awesome on the hard pack!

DBlank72

RZR Junkie
Jun 27, 2014
Candler, NC
I found that they do surprisingly well in the loose stuff as well. Deep mud is the only set back. But that is tough for any mixed terrain tire.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000