Yamaha My R1 Swap Pics/Updates

droptchevy

Twisted SR1 - UTVUnderground Approved
Dec 9, 2009
Here is the start of my R1 swap. Finished tearing it all down last night. Now she sits waiting for the Weller Kit to arrrive. Also still looking for a motor. Let me know if anyone has a nice one for sale. Will keep updating as i go.

STETLER

R1-Custom - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 24, 2009
Orange, CA
Wow !!!! Now that's a shock tower.....or is that a cell tower? J/k man:D What year motor are you looking for?

Are you doing just a motor swap or changing the cage up too?

droptchevy

Dec 9, 2009
Wow !!!! Now that's a shock tower.....or is that a cell tower? J/k man:D What year motor are you looking for?

Are you doing just a motor swap or changing the cage up too?
Yes it is a tall shock tower. It didnt bother me much driving though except for the driver seat was a little bit too low.

I prefer a 07-08 but i bought the kit from weller for a 04-08, so anywhere in there will do. I contacted AzCourt about his awhile back, but now he wont respond. I have cash in hand.

I have found a few ads for motors only, but im a little worried im going to end up spending more and it being a pain in the a$$ to find the rest of the parts.

I dont plan to change the cage up, i really like the way the rhino sits and looks. I might have to modify a few things in the rear for the chain setup. Like everything, im sure it will lead into more changes

droptchevy

Dec 9, 2009
I think hes just doing the Motor swap Brett.....by the look of his seat you can tell he was rockin a dry clutch! LOL I cant wait to watch this build take place....another SR1 in the mix!
Yea that dry clutch sure left its mark in the seat... Pdm dry clutch is for sale as well as a lot of other parts, protec intake, protec modified exhaust,electric fuel pump,parker pumper,ect. Will be posting with pics and prices in the near future

droptchevy

Dec 9, 2009
loking good :D id like to have the car sitting next to it :eek: haha:D
The 55 chevy neverending project you mean??? You can have it for the right price.:) I have had that project on hold for awhile, lost interest. One day I will finish it. Off road is a lot more fun than car shows IMO.

droptchevy

Dec 9, 2009
Post up a few pics of the car before you stripped it. please.
Before stripdown. I had just stripped it down,painted it, and put it back together. Went out on one trip, and decided on the r1. At least now i know how everything comes apart and can do it fast.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000