Yamaha Need a rear diff...

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
Need a rear diff, PIC

We need a rear diff for Codes car, anybody got one? Ours broke at the last race, just didnt find out until we pushed it in the garage last night.

BTW, Gear One Center board rear disk brake setup. Excellent quality, superior workman ship, fantastic reliability,

MAJOR PAIN IN THE ASS to take apart. There, I feel better.

Update......See below.....

Last edited:

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
I feel your pain Doug, I had to take apart the whole thing, the hubs all apart AND the CVs all apart. The hardest part is putting boot bands on and then putting the boot ring on the CV!

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
I amazed he finished...

Hey Justin, this thing had NO bands on it, boots were just slipped over the CV & the stubs were put in the wrong sides according to Gear One. It worked and had minimal grease leakage past the boot...to the point Im putting the boots back on the same way, course this is a short course car, desert rig,,,yeah Id run bands.

Last edited:

FernandezRacing

Off Road Swap Meet - UTVUnderground Approved Spons
Jan 15, 2009
the race gods are with you! glad you guys found it now rather than later..

s2k1

Feb 27, 2009
Ramona, CA
www.benchmarkperformance.us
I amazed he finished...

Hey Justin, this thing had NO bands on it, boots were just slipped over the CV & the stubs were put in the wrong sides according to Gear One. It worked and had minimal grease leakage past the boot...to the point Im putting the boots back on the same way, course this is a short course car, desert rig,,,yeah Id run bands.
Was this in the new car or the old car?

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
Hmmmm. i just ended up using zip ties anyways. Make sure the hubs are in the correct way. One side is a lof beefier than the other and that is the end that goes on the bottom. The tapered bolts go to the top.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000