Need some advice for areas to ride in CA.

TREE68

too tall for the rzr
Aug 15, 2011
so cal
i strongly suggest johnson valley before the marines take it away. soggy dry lake and the rockpile are good camping spots. but our favorite is to camp on anderson lakebed off of camprock road (super easy rv access) ride around there to see the sevseral mines. then do a ride to slash x cafe for lunch and frosty cold ones. nice 22 mile trail. map it out and dont get lost. be safe. :)

BLR

Dec 15, 2010
Florence, Oregon
i strongly suggest johnson valley before the marines take it away. soggy dry lake and the rockpile are good camping spots. but our favorite is to camp on anderson lakebed off of camprock road (super easy rv access) ride around there to see the sevseral mines. then do a ride to slash x cafe for lunch and frosty cold ones. nice 22 mile trail. map it out and dont get lost. be safe. :)
Thanks that's our type of riding thanks

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
If you want to go to Ocotillo Wells, let us know. We're there almost every weekend camping near the S22 and Holly Rd. Be glad to show you around. :cool:

You can do some fun rides on the East side of Salton Sea. Camp at drop 31 and ride to the Colorado river if you want.

BLR

Dec 15, 2010
Florence, Oregon
If you want to go to Ocotillo Wells, let us know. We're there almost every weekend camping near the S22 and Holly Rd. Be glad to show you around. :cool:

You can do some fun rides on the East side of Salton Sea. Camp at drop 31 and ride to the Colorado river if you want.
Thanks
we were hoping to meet up with peeps when we go, nothing better then having a tour guide the 1st time to a new place...:)

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
You mentioned Jawbone. Randsburg, Burrow Schmidts tunnel, a still operating gold mine, old Talc mines and other stuff is out there to see. Swing into the Ranger station and talk to the friends of the Jawbone person there. They can set you up for a good day of riding for sure. To go to Randsburg you have to listen to a short spiel and swear on your mothers grave that you'll stay on the road to get the permit, it's fast and painless.

Flyingbryan

Jun 23, 2011
Barbara do you have a GPS? If so what kind so we could maybe send you some map / rides / trails that you can look at taking.

I think I will be unavailable when your down but if I am around I will try to meet up for some riding.

Bryan

BLR

Dec 15, 2010
Florence, Oregon
You mentioned Jawbone. Randsburg, Burrow Schmidts tunnel, a still operating gold mine, old Talc mines and other stuff is out there to see. Swing into the Ranger station and talk to the friends of the Jawbone person there. They can set you up for a good day of riding for sure. To go to Randsburg you have to listen to a short spiel and swear on your mothers grave that you'll stay on the road to get the permit, it's fast and painless.
Thanks I was on the website for Friends of Jawbone snooping around..looks like a fun place to ride

Barbara do you have a GPS? If so what kind so we could maybe send you some map / rides / trails that you can look at taking.

I think I will be unavailable when your down but if I am around I will try to meet up for some riding.

Bryan
Garmin csx60 or the ones also on our smart phones...

TWood

Aug 15, 2012
Johnson Valley is nice Mine shafts, Giant rock but be ready for alot of whoops out on the trials.

Ocotillo Wells is fun alot of high speed trails and nice riding destinations. I feel it is hard to get lost there the trails have street signs and good maps.

Sounds like a nice trip. Any of the places on your list you will enjoy

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
No planned route after Sacramento, we are open to anything.. kinda like to say on the east side of I-5
We were to go to Glamis for a week at Thanksgiving, (not the best time for us) and the ones we had planned on going with bailed...which ended up working the best for us...
Now we have 10 or 12 days to play at different areas...
We have narrowed our list to these possibilites
Jawbone, Dove Springs, Splangler hills, Stoddard, Johnson Valley & Superstition
if there are other areas we should hit PLEASE tell...

We are for sure going to Octotillo Wells for 3 days
Glamis for a day just to mark it off the bucket list

Hopefully this helps...Barbara
Barbara, those first 3 on your list are close to Dumont and Calico Ghost town. I know your duners so you may as well hit dumont while your here.:)

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
I forgot to add, there is also desert riding out of dumont, One ride is 25 miles one way to a date palm farm. A few of my friends always hit that ride.

BLR

Dec 15, 2010
Florence, Oregon
Barbara, those first 3 on your list are close to Dumont and Calico Ghost town. I know your duners so you may as well hit dumont while your here.:)

Thanks Jim

I think we may have to do another ride like this next year.. and hit more of NV.
& do Dumont at that time..
Several of us are planning on St. Anthony in Sept.
I think and knowing Lance and I things change constantly even.if we have a tentative schedule
But these are the.areas we have picked out for this trip
Johnson Valley
Jawbone
Ocotillo Wells
Superstition
And just a quick stop at Glamis
:D
Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members