New Yamaha?

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
I'm just messing around I hope it kicks ass. I see Can Am just stepped up there hp to 149 now though in the new model. That's cool.

Ali Baba

Sep 13, 2010
Curious about all the hate Im reading about a new SXS. Do you guys just spew this because you already own a Polaris and might be feeling a little threatened? I understand some of the negatives from certain posters, those guys probably own mucho Polaris stock and their retirement depends on continued strong sales, but the rest of you, what gives? Blowing belts and its a good time for a beer? I would rather have a cvt in the dunes and anyone that shifts will ride in the back? I thought I read in this very forum that guys wanted a shiftable UTV and that they couldn't wait till the CVT goes away? Did I miss something and they started giving belts away for free or do they still cost over $100? It looks like its finally here and yet all I see are Debbie Downers. 112hp is not enough, but how many BITD/WORCS/GNCC/SCORE races have been won with an engine that started with more than 112hp stock? Didn't Johnny A. tell us that his engine was pretty much stock before he built the new car? Now 112hp will only run with a 08 RZR800. Everyone wanted the Turbo's put in there own class, now I bet they will want the non CVT cars grouped in the with tubo's. Wonder why if there is no performance gain going with anything other than a CVT? If there is a performance gain, and you know there is, then I guess 112 is a lot closer to the 144 than people are led to believe.

I sense some serious nervousness from a certain crowd and rightfully so. Strap in boys, the UTV planet is about to shift on its axis.
Nailed it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sport10

Feb 14, 2015
Front body will resemble that of an atv...just saying! Thanks for passing along the info. guys. gonna be a bitchen unit.

apexin

Apr 15, 2011
Arizona
Ok, sorry to go commando on everyone. Should be fun to see more machines out there and I would bet money that Kawi and Honda will have something by next year. When one Japanese OEM takes a step, the other three always follow.

Cant wait to see what kind of suspension they went with. You would think if they were using Fox, Elka or Walker Evans that someone would already know as the orders would have already started shipping. KYB is good stuff on their MX bikes so I wonder if they are building the shocks for the SXS.

Also, a free flowing exhaust on an inline triple will sound insane as well as rev really quick. Should be good.

Jmarq

Aug 19, 2015
El Centro CA
Ok, sorry to go commando on everyone. Should be fun to see more machines out there and I would bet money that Kawi and Honda will have something by next year. When one Japanese OEM takes a step, the other three always follow.

Cant wait to see what kind of suspension they went with. You would think if they were using Fox, Elka or Walker Evans that someone would already know as the orders would have already started shipping. KYB is good stuff on their MX bikes so I wonder if they are building the shocks for the SXS.

Also, a free flowing exhaust on an inline triple will sound insane as well as rev really quick. Should be good.
It is my understanding that they will have KYB shocks.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Poor Yamaha. Just getting worked over. And every wannabe insider company is posting the leaks to look like they are in the know. The blood is in the water. There goes the element of surprise. Someone will get fired for this image as it appears to come strait out of their facility. Unless it was planned.

Reactions: SixGunMatt

SixGunMatt

Oct 11, 2013
Poor Yamaha. Just getting worked over. And every wannabe insider company is posting the leaks to look like they are in the know. The blood is in the water. There goes the element of surprise. Someone will get fired for this image as it appears to come strait out of their facility. Unless it was planned.
My sentiments exactly.

Still though, can't believe they went with an A-Arm rear suspension. That will definitely limit travel compared to others. Unless I am missing something in that image. Maybe it is a trailing arm set up?

Reactions: jajl22

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
My sentiments exactly.

Still though, can't believe they went with an A-Arm rear suspension. That will definitely limit travel compared to others. Unless I am missing something in that image. Maybe it is a trailing arm set up?
I agree totally. I can't tell if that long blue tube coming from the middle is a frame rails, or some type of suspension arm but the way the shocks are configured it leads me to believe a-arm

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
That looks bad ass! Is it September yet????? Those are trailing arms. If its YAMAHA, its gonna be a great machine!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000