Official UTVUnderground 2013 King Of The Hammers Photos and Story

American Rock Rods

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Jan 27, 2012
Denver, Colorado
He specifically said that the Aftershock bypass was legal.

He also said the 50' rule applies in all canyons except Chocolate Thunder, where we had to stay on the established rock lines, and that is where he said we can't take the "casey currie" line.

I think part of the issue is that when someone in the audience asks him a question, he doesn't repeat the question for everyone to hear. The only reason I heard the aftershock part is because the guy who asked the question was sitting near me.

atvobsession

Feb 11, 2013
Auburn, CA
www.atvobsession.com
I was confused about this line as well, and I had pre-run Aftershock. Currie was behind me and took that line. All I could think of was Dave Cole saying everything was legal except the Casey Currie line. Forgot he was talking about Chocolate Thunder until later.

Me too Jon. I saw a UTV take that line while we sat behind 7 or so EMC rigs.

I decided....I didn't know if it was legal or not...and I wanted to run King of the HAMMERS...not King of The Bypasses....so I waited it out.

If you read the Pirate thread...the guy Walter or whatever who said he lost 5 hours behind UTV's is flat out exaggerating. There's no way...it just doesn't add up.

Think about it...they started close to 1hour ahead of us. They lost some mythical 5 hours...that's 6 hours. That means they only raced for 3...and that's not counting the time it takes for a UTV to catch them at the start and pass them. It's hogwash...

I waited about 2.5 hours for EMC rigs and about 15 minutes, TOPS for UTV's. It just doesn't take that long to get a 1500 lbs UTV over most of these obstacles.

atvobsession

Feb 11, 2013
Auburn, CA
www.atvobsession.com
If I race again, I will pay better attention!
I feel for you....I was SO FRUSTRATED when I returned to Hammertown, after Paulywood and I spent almost 2 hours waiting for some knucklehead EMC winching up the waterfall at Wrecking Ball....when I finally got back, I unloaded on a security guard who said I couldn't get through Hammertown to my pit. I feel bad now...but I was DONE, done, done.

atvobsession

Feb 11, 2013
Auburn, CA
www.atvobsession.com
I've read some good suggestions by the Ultra4 people after the race....I suggested the UTV start at 7am...and EMC at 9am. We get to 4pm...they get 6pm.

The other idea I heard from them....1 course...2 laps like last year....only UTV's go to Lap 2, then Lap 1....EMC goes Lap 1, then Lap 2....putting a lot of distance and time between the two.

I think either of those, would be a huge improvement....because I think running EMC and UTV together on Thursday...is better for OUR sport....in terms of exposure. UTV's had WAY bigger Crowds than racing alone last year.

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
If our course remains as difficult as this year, all I ask for is more time!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000