Official UTVUnderground 2016 Parker 250 Update Thread

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
They were top 10. There was scattered cars all over the place today I guess.

staggs

Feb 20, 2011
So here is the scoop on why we dnf the car was doing great, suspension alittle
Soft in the rough stuff but hey it went from shop to the race with no testing. Upon exiting alternate pit and resuming race speed a car was off to the right side of the course broke, as we approached him ok the left with plenty of space he decided to coast from the right side of the course to the left side and never checked his mirrors. There was nothing I could do and we hit him bending the passenger side arms, tie rods and frame. I'm really bummed and upset at this that some one would be so stupid to cross from one side of the race course to the other and not look in there mirrors , I am
Great ful no one was hurt and he is very lucky we weren't a motorcycle or quad rider as the result would have been much worse

Last edited:

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
I'm not sure that you seen anyone running 32s other than Johnny. That car has had existing tranny problems though. The wet sand wreaked havoc on belts all day I heard !

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
Staggs,

Sorry to hear your race ended up that way, sucks major balls!!!! Thankfully no one was hurt...after narrowly finishing the car in time and taking it straight to the race and everything like you did, i followed your build thread and was curious/looking forward to seeing what the new platform can do. Sounds like you were doing good up until that point so i am sure you will be a contender once you sort the car out

Reactions: Jimmy

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
JL claimed in a recent long-legged thread, that he felt he could beat the field of turbos while racing in his proven N/A package. Gotta respect a man who backs his smack with jack.
But, any team that hopes to pose a significant threat to the overall position come years end will need to do so in a turbo car. Cognito included. Better rack up the wins early guys. I'm guessing they'll be a lot harder to come by as the increasing number of formidable teams racing UTV's dial in reliabilty and speed. Impressive victory none the less.

With that being said, and clutching not withstanding, I don't know how the RZR drive train can match the solid design and durability of the Can-am's layout, given the additional power turbo charging brings. I'm guessing 2016 will be BRP's best chance at winning their 2nd open desert racing title, as the Polaris camp fights pesky, re-occurring drive train issues.

Kalop

XP900
May 3, 2013
So will Joey be able to produce a Polaris sponsored video covering the Parker 250 when the top 3 turbo's are can am's ?? This should be interesting. :)

staggs

Feb 20, 2011
Staggs,

Sorry to hear your race ended up that way, sucks major balls!!!! Thankfully no one was hurt...after narrowly finishing the car in time and taking it straight to the race and everything like you did, i followed your build thread and was curious/looking forward to seeing what the new platform can do. Sounds like you were doing good up until that point so i am sure you will be a contender once you sort the car out
Yeah I am glad no one was hurt but I am bummed about the damage and not finishing the first race after all
The hard work the guys at suspended fab put in etc. we will get it done and be ready for world challenge. It was also nice to pass many cars in the wash changing belts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000