opinions on frame up build

hontrx265r

Feb 27, 2012
I'd like to get into worcs if not this season next. With the price of the stock car and the fact that most of the stock components will be lost. What are your opinions on starting with a frame and building up. I want to use a stock frame to be production legal, and lsr components as they are local and we've worked with them alot in mx racing. I've priced out what I would consider to be essentials and it seems that it would be a much better way to go and without the hassle of having to recovery funds from stock parts that are flooded everywhere. Just looking for some opinions and thoughts about going this route?

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010
I dont think you would want to build a production 1000 from a bare frame, it would nickle and dime you to death. The availability of the stock parts you need would be hard to source. If you choose to do a rhino or a rzr s i think it could be done and done well. I would enjoy doing a rhino for worcs

hontrx265r

Feb 27, 2012
I should have been more specific I want to do an xp900 frame, and sourcing is not a problem I'll go straight to polaris I get a really good deal on parts. there are really not that many stock components I want. I'll build the cage, bumpers, fuel cell, aftermarket radiator, wheels tires, arms, tierods, trailing arms.. build my own dash, my own wiring harness, use aftermarket rack, and powersteering, seats, belts, wheels tires, brakelines, etc.. I basically want the frame, motor, trans axle, front diff, spindles, front clip and rear fenders to start. When I go through it, it seems reasonable. I feel I could build a car for basically the price of a stock car off the floor but with much better parts and engineered towards hard abuse.

skunx

OG SXS Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 30, 2009
california
www.imgms.com
i like the way your thinking.. but you only have a few weeks to get a car done for worcs first race (not saying it cant be done at all) i love the xp how it came of the floor and it was a bit expensive haha but sounds like a fun way of going about it. let me know if you need any custom parts. and also if you are going for worcs center seat that thing!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000