Polaris Backed RZR-S Team

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
We also have a set of SuperATV 30" Dominator tires we're going to be testing. There will be a full HD video segment chronicling our shootout available on ATVScene.com soon. More to come on this soon.

Wild Earp

50Fifty Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Lawrence re introduced the 540c just recently. They did this becuase of consumer demand for the original 540c which was a popular GPS. They also did this becuase of the complaints they recieved about the 540HD GPS. While the HD verson is great in the larger screen formats in the smaller 5" like the 540 sports in caused for a lot of clutter and confusion. The detailed maps were too detailed if you will and caused for a hard to read screen. Hence the return to the origional 540c format with some new features. The link I posted above is for the newer version 540c not the HD.

Hope this helps. I got this info while looking at the new 540c at the PCI booth.
The new model is the Lowrance Elite 5m. Its $20 cheaper than the HDS-5, but should be much easier to read at the 5" size. Ive been putting off buying a GPS, and Im glad I waited. Im going to pickup a Elite 5m before thanksgiving.

http://www.pciraceradios.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=-8681106244548787967

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
The new model is the Lowrance Elite 5m. Its $20 cheaper than the HDS-5, but should be much easier to read at the 5" size. Ive been putting off buying a GPS, and Im glad I waited. Im going to pickup a Elite 5m before thanksgiving.

Elite 5m Baja Kit GPS New! Detail Page
That may be the one I'm looking for. I just can't bring myself to buy electronics that are deemed obsolete by the manufacturer. This one looks like the best blend of old and new.

Thanks for the info.

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010

Elite 5m Baja Kit GPS New! Detail Page
I ordered one of these today. I'll let you know how it looks when it gets here.

It's official, I will be racing in the next ECORS race (November 13) along with four other UTV's as a sort of exhibition. This will be a "test" race for the full fledged UTV class for next season. I'm thrilled to have the chance to do this. This series looks VERY promising. I'm going to run a few GoPro's and I'm sure we'll get tons of video and pictures along the way.

We will have a full race report on ATVScene.com.

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
Our first shakedown race went very well. I was very surprised at how well the suspension worked right out of the box, with zero tuning.

I took it to Silver Valley, NC for their final race of the year. I had arranged, prior to the event, to race as an exhibition against one of their existing classes.

Here's the thread from the event about the RZR - Polaris RZR UTV in B-Class - NC4x4 Forum

From the looks of it, it was a huge success. I'm confident they will have at least one UTV class for the full series next year.

Woops

I bent both center frame braces during the race. Those will have to be cut out and replaced. Other than that, the ATVScene.com Polaris RZR was nearly perfect.

Special thanks to Blue Torch Fab for putting up with me late every night last week to throw the cage together. There's still a lot of work needed on the cage, but at least we got enough of it together to race.

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
The "testing session" Saturday was a success: I broke a hub. No doubt the extra stress of the 30" tires contributed to the failure, but I'm glad it happened when it did.

I've seen quite a few different companies selling billet hubs, some out of 6061, 7075 or even steel. This RZR will be driven wide open most of its life and pounded on like no other. The ECORS series will be brutal on parts, so I need something that will hold up to repeated torture, but at the same time, I don't want to overdo it. I'm still trying to keep the weight addition to a bare minimum.

Have any of you guys had any experience with aftermarket hubs?

I've also grown tired of the extra play in the a-arm bushings. This thing is almost brand new, so they're definitely not worn. I see where Racer Tech has some bushings that are supposed to be built to a more strict tolerance. Has anyone here used them? Do they work as advertised?

thanks,
-brit

ZTFab

Zero Tolerance Fabrication - Official UTVUndergrou
Mar 25, 2009
Upland, ca
OEM RZR hubs are notorious for breaking exactly how yours did.

I have replaced them before and installed the hubs from ITI and they were very nice.

Fastco also makes some nice ones that you can get from ORW.

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
Nope, sorry. The only thoughts I have would be lies.
Ha, there are plenty of those types of posts on the Internets. :eek: It seems like everyone has an opinion, but no one has actually used whatever product is in question.

ZTFab

Zero Tolerance Fabrication - Official UTVUndergrou
Mar 25, 2009
Upland, ca
Ha, there are plenty of those types of posts on the Internets. :eek: It seems like everyone has an opinion, but no one has actually used whatever product is in question.

Ha ha ha...yep, the internet is great, isn't it?

I don't even know of anyone making steel hubs and I don't know why they would when aluminum is more than up to the task.

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
Ha ha ha...yep, the internet is great, isn't it?

I don't even know of anyone making steel hubs and I don't know why they would when aluminum is more than up to the task.
Today is the order day for the hubs and a-arm bushings. I'll post back what manufacturer I go with.

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
Santa came a little early today and dropped off the HCR skid plate and the very trick Fireball Racing hubs. I expected the Fireball hubs to be top of the line when they arrived and I was not disappointed in the least.

I'll get some more photos of the hubs and skid this weekend.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000