Product Review: R2C Performance RZR XP1000 Drop-In Filter

UTVUGJake

Feb 11, 2013
Right before Camp RZR we outfitted Joey D's XP1000 with R2C Performance's new drop-in air filter set up. This thing is a snap to install and boasts a few benefits over the stock system.

They went with the largest filter they could cram into the factory airbox to maximize airflow. It attaches easily using one hose clamp and a screwdriver or nut driver, could hardly be any easier.

The element is made of a blended synthetic media that R2C claims provides 10-15 times more filtration than the standard cotton gauze type filter.

First step in the installation is to remove the access panel in the bed, like so:

Next, the stock component gets removed

You slip the hose clamp onto the new filter and slide the assembly over the stock intake tube. Tighten her down and your done!

Replace the airbox lid and access cover, and voila, you're ready to mob.

Joey ran the filter setup all weekend at camp rzr and it performed admirably. The RZR never starved for air, and repeated hucks like this didn't phase it any. Throttle response was snappy and powering up the gnarliest dunes was never a problem.

Perhaps the coolest part about the R2C filters is that they require very little maintenance. No oil is required for filtration and no solvents are required for cleaning, just blow air from the inside out at 50-60 psi. Thats it!

Thanks again to R2C for giving us the opportunity to try out this filter set-up! Make sure to check them out for anything you need.

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
I have had 2 of the inner rubber crush on customer cars with the hose clamp style just to let people know. The fix is inner steel sleeve I put on all hose clamp style now. some people will over tighten the hose clamp and rubber crushes and let dirt in.

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Lots of XP900's still out there. They haven't gone away. I hope R2C is working on building a filter for them!!!!

dmcmark

Apr 20, 2012
Lots of XP900's still out there. They haven't gone away. I hope R2C is working on building a filter for them!!!!
We did everything we could to convince them to do a panel filter for the XP900. unfortunately they went in a different direction. My last conversation with them they eluded to the fact that it might be back on the table.

dmcmark

Apr 20, 2012
R2C
We were one of the first to consult with and promote R2C filters for the XP1000.
One of the things we addressed and felt was very important, was to have a substantial flange for clamping to the intake tube. The inside of the flange has gripping rings and will hold very well without having to over tighten it. It is important to clean all of the grease off of the intake tube as well as any residual release agent from the inside of the filter flange so it will grip properly.
<O:p
During our testing we experienced a problem with the lid to the air box. Two of the clamps had been compromised. Since the lid is the only thing supporting the end of the filter it let it bounce around a lot which we felt could lead to a failure.

We felt the only answer to that potential failure was to support the end of the filter.
So the filters that are produced exclusively for us have a studded end cap and are supplied with a mounting bracket that mounts directly to the filter and air box. It makes for a bullet proof installation and if the lid is compromised in any way the end of the filter will still be supported properly.
On to the tech stuff.......
R2C's Parent company has been involved in sever duty and military spec filtration for 65 years and they compete head to head with Donaldson. The synthetic material used in the R2C filter has unique properties and is designed to shed dust and dirt particles which reduces restriction rise. The R2C filter exhibits very good initial restriction performance and is easy to service and maintain by simply blowing it out with compressed air from the clean side out or vacuuming it off from the outside. Also in severe cases were it may become heavily soiled or come in contact with grease it can be presoaked with a soapy solution then rinsed from the clean side out.
The R2C factory testing proved that the supplied stock XP1000 filter efficiency by gravimetric standards is approximately 98%. The R2C filter exceeds 99.97% (That's a huge difference!!!).

<O:pIf you have any questions or want to order one, give us a call. We keep them in stock and ready to ship. You can also order them through one of our dealers if you prefer.. SXS Performance, KB Motorsports & Alternative Offroad.
Regards,

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Definitely lots of XP900 guys left (myself included)! We used R2C's xp900 offering a little while back here: http://www.utvunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16055
Yes I read this thread and while its an option, I would prefer to use a replacement filter for the stock air box. I know some have had troubles with the stock air box, but I have not.

We did everything we could to convince them to do a panel filter for the XP900. unfortunately they went in a different direction. My last conversation with them they eluded to the fact that it might be back on the table.
Awesome News that a stock replacement panel filter could be back on the table for R2C!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000