All UTV's Race chassis?

matt68

Feb 6, 2011
Are the chassis specs for each race series different or can one build compete in them all?

matt68

Feb 6, 2011
Ultimately the San Felipe 250 but any race is a good one:). Here in Northeast all I can find are track type courses. I would like to build one chassis "for all seasons" type of thing. I can always switch out suspension or engine as needed. I just want to find out if one build (roll cage, shock tower mods, etc) would work. We just got the bare frame and are trying to decide which way to go.

Wild Earp

50Fifty Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Yes, you can build a car that will work for both. A few of the short course SR1 racers have also done the BITD race. But a purpose built car specifically for that style of racing will work better. But it will be easy to build a desert specific car that will be legal in all the big and small desert events. SCORE has the strictest rules, so I would build for them and go from there.

UTV racing in SCORE is only Sportsman, so they let you make some changes that you can not do in the PRO class in BITD.

What kind of car are you building?

matt68

Feb 6, 2011
That's what we're deciding on. We have a 2010 Teryx frame to work with as a starting point. I'll have to get a copy of the SCORE rules. Thanks.

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
Yes, us SR1's are allowed to race WORCS UTV Class 1 with our R1 motors....very cool! :D

matt68

Feb 6, 2011
I just finished reading an article about a Teryx build. First thing they did after stripping off everything was to have the factory powder coating stripped off the chassis. It doesn't say why, or what it was replaced with. Is normal? Can anyone tell my why and whats replaces it? Thanks!

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
I would say it's because it's much easier to weld on a stripped chassis - they will be doing a lot of welding, I'd imagine, if they are putting in gussetts and adding a modified cage. Once the entire chassis is done, they will either leave it naked like a few do, or powdercoat the whole thing the color they want. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000