Robby Gordon's SXS rules posted

Queen Racing

Make RZR's go BRAAAAAAAAAPPPPPP - UTVUnderground A
May 4, 2010
Lake Havasu City, AZ
www.queenracing.com
Those are not very professional rules! Mods are allowed, but dyno checked after the race?? So if I spend hundreds of hours dialing in my clutches and ecu and exh system, and I make 5 more hp than the guy in second I get DQ'd?? That is pretty amateur. So whats the HP limit??

They got some work to do!!

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Those are not very professional rules! Mods are allowed, but dyno checked after the race?? So if I spend hundreds of hours dialing in my clutches and ecu and exh system, and I make 5 more hp than the guy in second I get DQ'd?? That is pretty amateur. So whats the HP limit??

They got some work to do!!
It says Computer can be modified, but must use OEM computer. I dont see where if you have 5 more HP you will be DQ'ed. I bet dyno'ing is to keep those from doing engine mods and making big power. Playing with the computer and clutches is not going to make big HP like bore kits, cams and other internal engine mods.

Also the dyno will help the sanctioning body keep track of teams and build a data base between the different manufactures. I would guess as they get more data and info on how this class is going they will add or remove rules for the following year season.

so i have to wear a hans device rather than a competitors restraint system?
I'm wondering if they should not have used the work Head & Neck device vs Hans Device. Unless they are truly mandating Hans only? If you use something besides the Hans Device you should contact USAC and ask if the H&N you use would be an approved H&N. I know several who use the R3 & Defender H&N and both of those are approved by most series.

LORENZ

Lorenz Industries - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 11, 2009
SR1's have stock motors right?

Cory can you talk to your buddy please. I'd like to show those boys a thing or two in my new hotrod of a stock ZX10 car.

Blue Coyote

Jul 31, 2009
Eugene OR
www.NWOffroad.net
PRO SIDE X SIDE
OEM Manufactures must be register with the series for said Manufacture to compete at Stadium Events.

Looks like the manufacture has to register with the series first - so unless manufactures other than Polaris register, its a one product deal.... Would SR1 be considered a manufacture?

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Wanna race your SR1's in first gear only? These courses will be quite shorter, and tighter than your typical LOORRS short course.

Its my understanding that Can-Am is registered already and I would imagine Polaris will follow suit.

Think UTV's will just be a side show? Think they'll get any air time?

Brian B

Jan 15, 2009
Thank You

We don't have any Manufactures committed yet but we will.

Also there will have Main Event motos on our TV both cable and Network.

Speed Energy
Robby Gordon
:D :D

Brian B

Jan 15, 2009
Thanks for the prompt reply Robby!

Last question:

What does a USAC License consist of? Cost?

Thanks again!
I have been in contact with USAC today and don't have that exact cost yet.

Also I'm leaving the country for Baja for 2 weeks, the replys will be less responsive but people are checking [email protected]

Thanks

Sorry

Speed Energy
Robby Gordon

onebuilder

Dec 20, 2009
Skull Valley, AZ.
Wanna race your SR1's in first gear only? These courses will be quite shorter, and tighter than your typical LOORRS short course.

Its my understanding that Can-Am is registered already and I would imagine Polaris will follow suit.

Think UTV's will just be a side show? Think they'll get any air time?
Brian, Have you heard how the RG vs Polaris lawsuit is going?

Brian B

Jan 15, 2009
.120 wall cages? Come on. Does any body notice what we are bolting too? Hopefully they re consider.
I understand your concern and will say that I'd rather have the mounting surface fail prior to the cage surrounding me.

Thanks BrianReno!

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
I think the .120 wall thing is not fully thought out. I run 1.75X.095 4130 and challenge, it's stronger than DOM 1.5X.120 wall. BITD allows .095, SCORE allows .095, KOH allows .095 (for cars weighing under 2000lbs empty)...
Be honest, who here has .120 wall cages? I know several have mentioned running.095 in the past...
ISA rules would work good for SST SXS Racing...

15.9.2:
All vehicles must be equipped with a roll cage fabricated of 1020 mild steel mechanical tubing or

better (higher carbon content or alloy steel). Minimum mild steel tubing guidelines for roll cage main
structure, based on dry vehicle weight rating (DVWR) in race trim, not including occupants, are:

DVWR Under 2000 lb. - 1.5†diameter x .095†wall thickness.

c&c rhino

UTVUnderground SXS Tech - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 18, 2009
lake elsinore, ca
.120 wall.........i guess they are using the utvs instead of cars to crush for the monster trucks. or are we on the track at the same time with the sst's? a 1200lbs car doing maybe 40mph in a staduim doesnt need .120 wall. id rather see a mandate for reinforced cage mounts, especially in xp's.

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
I wouldn't get super excited about these rules...it states all over that they can be changed at any time, and are unofficial. I think mostly he just wanted to get something up on the website for the time being.

LORENZ

Lorenz Industries - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 11, 2009
Have you called him or sent him an email yet Cory. Jerod and I have in the hopes of getting them to look at the stock R1 class.

He basically eliminated every manufacture at this point if Polaris doesn't sign with the series. The XP is the only stock car out that has a decent motor.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000