All UTV's Sold my RZR and need a new ride

Spicoli

Feb 26, 2011
So Cal
I sold my Rzr this past summer and haven’t replaced it with anything. The only reason I sold my custom engine swap 130 HP Rzr was because it was time to move up to 4 seater with growing family. To my disappointment there was no new 900 S 4 seater released at camp rzr. Ive seen the pics that were leaked an think this would be the perfect ride for me. I don’t have 15 or 17K to drop on a used 900 XP 4 seater. I wouldn’t mind one that was slightly modified but I would have to finance most of the new ride. I looked at the XP 4 1000 and was impressed with the machine but it is super long and a little expensive for what I plan to use it for. I also thought about a Teryx 4 but the lack of suspension and power doesn’t really thrill me. I have around 7-8K cash but that wouldn’t buy me a used one. I also thought about a nice Teryx converted into 4 seater but then again the power would not be there. I’m sure I could probably pick up a long travel teryx for 7-8K. To be honest Ive never ridden in a long travel Teryx or Rhino. My dad has a stock 2010 Teryx that I fun to drive around but wonder how a LT system would be like. The reason I want the power is because I ride by myself a lot and want the thrill of a sport machine. I mostly ride desert and hard pack like Johnson Valley, Barstow, Silverwood, Parker, Salt n Sea, Ocotillo. Sometimes I ride Glamis but not that often. What do you guys think I should get? Should I keep waiting for the 4 seat 900 to be released( hoping now January 2015)? ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>

dezerteryx

Jun 13, 2010
san marcos
Im kinda in the same boat as you. Sold my LT teryx a couple years ago in hopes of getting a new 4 seater. The t4 with lt handle really good and have lots of torque. But i do like to go fast and want to go to glmais more. From my experience the t4 dose everything well and with all the bolt on goodies could keep up with a xp 900 4. Im looking between the turbo can am,xp1k4 and a lt teryx4 unless something else comes out again.

Spicoli

Feb 26, 2011
So Cal
I still need to ride in a T4 on the trails. I have driven a xp 4 1000 and it is awesome. I want to see what a LT T4 would feel like.

Plumber

Ridin' Dirty
Jun 26, 2012
Apple Valley
Just wait a Lil while.
Here's a pic. January 2015 baby I'm telling you. My post will most likely be deleted after leaking another photo

Spicoli

Feb 26, 2011
So Cal
I saw this picture back when the new 900 was released. That's what I am holding out for. But just not sure if Jan is really happening. I was hoping for Halloween release but that didn't happen. I would guess the price would be cheaper than a 900 xp4

Spicoli

Feb 26, 2011
So Cal
More than half the price...lol plus I can pay cash. I would need to finance a big chunk of the 900 4 seater which isn't even out.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
What is your main area of riding? The T4 is a capable SXS but it is not going to be very fast. With some long travel it will ride really nice, but if you factor in the cost of long travel the price of a new T4 you are probably close to $16,000 or more.

If you are positive Polars will release a 4 seat 900 and that is what you really want, then I would wait. You will be kicking yourself if you get the T4 and 2 weeks later the ride you really wanted is released.

I don't see why they would not release a 4 seat 900 as the 800 4 seat was very popular as is the 900XP four seater.

Any reason you don't want to pick up a used 900XP four seater?

dezerteryx

Jun 13, 2010
san marcos
If I find a good deal on a used teryx 4 seat conversion with long travel. What do you guys think?
i would look for a t4 not the older models. I was at the dealer yesterday and they had them marked down 2k to 4k. If your in cali call coyne motorsports ive seen their adds on Craigslist with way marked down prices on all brands

Spicoli

Feb 26, 2011
So Cal
What is your main area of riding? The T4 is a capable SXS but it is not going to be very fast. With some long travel it will ride really nice, but if you factor in the cost of long travel the price of a new T4 you are probably close to $16,000 or more.

If you are positive Polars will release a 4 seat 900 and that is what you really want, then I would wait. You will be kicking yourself if you get the T4 and 2 weeks later the ride you really wanted is released.

I don't see why they would not release a 4 seat 900 as the 800 4 seat was very popular as is the 900XP four seater.

Any reason you don't want to pick up a used 900XP four seater?
My main riding is hard pack desert and some mountain trails. I'm concerned with the stock suspension of the T4. Like you said long travel would improve it but how much compared to a rzr 900 xp4. Plus the long travel costs are pretty expensive. I like the size and seating of the t4 but not sure about power and handling.

The 900 xp4 is nice but I'm not too impressed with the chassis compared to the 1000 or new 900s. It would take a decent amount on extras like doors, beef up frame, new seats, new roll cage or chop it. Just little things that add up.

random hero

Feb 21, 2011
I'm getting out of our Teryx 4 for the reasons above. Very limited suspension travel stock, and lacks a lot of power in comparison to newer 4 seaters. I could put LTI long travel, and exhaust & tune on the Teryx and it would still not perform as well as the can-am and xp1

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
My main riding is hard pack desert and some mountain trails. I'm concerned with the stock suspension of the T4. Like you said long travel would improve it but how much compared to a rzr 900 xp4. Plus the long travel costs are pretty expensive. I like the size and seating of the t4 but not sure about power and handling.

The 900 xp4 is nice but I'm not too impressed with the chassis compared to the 1000 or new 900s. It would take a decent amount on extras like doors, beef up frame, new seats, new roll cage or chop it. Just little things that add up.
The T4 is great on the mountain trails, but will be lacking the top speed in the desert.

Why not just go with the XP1000?

dezerteryx

Jun 13, 2010
san marcos
t4 with a vfj programmer and clutch kit will do over 70mph but will need long travel. a left over 14 xp1k4 can be had for 17k witch is probably best bang for the buck.

Spicoli

Feb 26, 2011
So Cal
The 4 seater 1000 is a little out of my budget. I was qouted 22k otd for 2014. I would love one but 18k is probably most I want to spend

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
I'd wait till the season ends and hunt out a low mileage XP900 4 based off what you described.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
The 4 seater 1000 is a little out of my budget. I was qouted 22k otd for 2014. I would love one but 18k is probably most I want to spend
I if you have $18,000 cash the extra $4,000 is a very small payment and amount to finance to get the ride you want.

Have you considered the 4 seat Wildcat X? That should be in your price range new? Good power, speed and great suspension. I know Bert's was blowing them out at $4,000 or $5,000 of MSRP.

Spicoli

Feb 26, 2011
So Cal
Total I want to spend is 18k including deposit and financing. I wish I had that much in cash. I could buy a really nice used ride but I only have like 7k cash.

Spicoli

Feb 26, 2011
So Cal
I drove a 2 seater wildcat non x model and wasn't impressed. I'm not sure how the x performs but not sure I want to go down that alley.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000