Arctic Cat Spectator REVIEW and RESULTS ON THE WILD CAT 1000

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
ARCTIC CAT/ WILD CAT 1000

I wanted to give you guys a heads up and my input of the NEW ARCTIC CAT/ WILD CAT 1000 from this past weekend at KING OF THE HAMMERS 2012 and my experience watching the WILD CAT TEAR IT UP! I had to see this for my self knowing there's a new production car out on the market and the suspension and car set up are ready to compete. We haven't seen a Wild Cat in competition or even at the starting line since there 2012 release until we got to KING OF THE HAMMERS 2012 and there was 2 ARCTIC CAT/WILD CATS on the starting line at 7:30 am Thursday morning on race day to take on the brutal terrian and massive rocks that get in there way.
They take off just after 8 am and they start by taking off in sets of 2 up and over a mountain and then they hit the desert. This is where the ARCTIC CAT/WILD CAT took off with there WALKER EVANS SHOCKS into nasty long whoop sections and the car proved to keep up with the top racers. Coming down the rock section Elvis Car #1944 Todd Stephensen had no issues and made it look easy. On there way to Jacks north chasing car #55 Mitch Guthrie the overall winner and with all his experience in the rocks Todd could not catch him let alone Todd started 14 positions back from the leader. Watching the first ARCTIC CAT/ WILD CAT come across the finish line pretty darn early and was very exciting to see ARCTIC CAT on the podium. Car # 1944 Todd Stephensen finished in 2 hours and 23 minutes, entered the Production class 1000 and ends up with a 1st place in his class and 2nd place overall out of 39 race cars that started the race . Car # 413 Lanse Choumos was was close to mid pack starting this race and finishes the race in his new ARCTIC CAT/ WILD CAT 1000 finishing in 4 hours and 3 minutes. They also entered the production 1000 class with little changes to the car for some saftey requirements. Car # 413 took home a 9th place in there class which makes a great day for ARCTIC CAT!

I cant leave this KITTY out of the game car #129 Driven by : Darryl Dunlap had some suspension issues early on and had to pull off the course.

This just shows what a stock UTV out of the box can do and is 100% proven.

IMPORTANT INFO: PLEASE READ
Thursday following the race we headed over to a hill by the name of Chocolate Thunder......
There is a UTV at the bottom trying to get up and over a rock the size of the WILD CAT. The first attempt the car turned on its lid, with the help of all the spectators they manged to flip the car back on its wheels. The second attempt was flauless with the power of MONSTER ENERGY and 1000cc the WILD CAT gets over the rock. That was the easy part, now there's a huge rock hill that this thing needs to climb and the WILD CAT flew right up the hill and throwing 24" boulders down the hill. YOU TUBE CHOCLATE THUNDER and see for your self.

OVERALL ARCTIC CAT/ WILD CAT DOMINATED THE PACK!!
www.arcticcat.com

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
Race recap for Ontrack Racing Todd Stephensen. My co driver Devin Jones and myself had a very good game plan for the KOH UTV race. Our main goal was to take the overall and not to just win our class. We wanted to put on a great show for the new Arctic Cat wildcat. We recieved the wildcat three weeks before the race so we had a lot to do before the race. We raced in the main event at KOH last year so we knew what to expect out there. The wildcat is bone stock except the cage,radios,seats,wheels and tires. We drew the 24th spot which sucked for us but i love challenges. We pre ran the course twice in the wildcat and once on fourwheelers, so we knew the course. We decided that we were going to run about 3/4 speed and see where it put us in the field. We started off and started battling the dust. I wanted to try to get ahead of as many people as possible before we hit elvis. We had excellent lines layed out the first 10 miles and it payed off big. We passed about 12 cars in the first 10 miles. We got to the first lakebed and we could not see anything. We knew we werent going to be the fasted car so were going to have to make it up in the rocks and the rough. We got through the first lake bed and i could not see anything it was really hard to drive by my co driver telling me where to go but we did it. When we hit martel we had clicked off a couple more cars so i knew we were setting good. We were headed towards the first pit and i could only see about three dust trails in front of us and i knew we could catch them in the whoops. Dean Bulloch was pitting for me in the first pit and he told me that there was three cars ahead of us. We blew threw the first pit and pushed a little bit harder to get to elvis. I wanted to be threw elvis first but i knew they had some time on us. We smoked threw elvis and then we hit the super rough area in front of us. We were talking to Cary on the repeater on the mountain and we knew we had one car in front of us and she said we were gaining fast. We decided to chill a little bit and save the car for the last whoop sections where we knew we could make up some time. We had to stop in pit two to get fuel and my great pit crew from Ontrack Racing had us out of there in seconds. I barely had time so get a drink. We started to head up to fisher mountain and we knew we had to be careful cause of all the sharp rocks. When we got on top Cary at the repeater said the helicopter was going to be with us in a second and my co driver freaked out. He started to yell and me and told me to not even try to give them a show(he knows me pretty good). The helicopter stayed with us all the way threw fisher and they where close, i could see the white in the eyes of the pilot. It was really cool having them there and i think i did a good job controlling myself. We started done the sand hill and the wildcat started to go into limp mode. It kept coming out of gear so the computer didnt know what gear we were in. I had my co driver hold it in low range all the way done jack north. It helped but we could only go about half speed because it kept going into limp mode. We got down the canyon with out a problem. We knew we could make it home from there so we tried hard to make up time. We got passed pit 2a and i told my co driver to hold on because i was going to hold it full throttle to the finish. The fastest we went from pit 2a to the finish was about 45 and it sucked. I knew if we could get to the finish in under 4 min after the leader we could take the win. We got to back door and we couldnt get it to stay in gear and i was praying we could make it up the steep hill to the finish. We started up the last hill and we were in low in full limp mode. From the bottom to the top i think we hit about 5mph. The last 10 feet i thought we were going to have to push, my co driver was ready because he was almost out of the car. We made it to the top and i figured we could coast from there. We got to the bottom of the hill and it wouldnt go into any gear. I finally got into reverse and started to turn around when it went into high. We made it across the finish line and i knew we probably didnt make it in time. We ended up being 1 min 30 sec behind the leader. We had a great time and would like to thank everyone from Ontrack Racing and D & P Performance for the help. I would also like to thank mastercraft safety,walker evans racing,trail gear and warn winches for there help. Thanks to everyone in the UTV community for being so nice to us and we loved meeting a bunch of new people. Thanks to Joey from UTV Underground for the pictures and write ups on us. See ya all soon.<!-- google_ad_section_end --> <!-- / message -->
<!-- controls -->​

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Obem3CVjD5g&feature=plcp&context=C39ea8a3UDOEgsToPDskIC04KjYUCHWSh4cvqtvLg9]Rally on the Rocks races at the 2012 KOH UTV Race. - YouTube[/ame]

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Race recap for Ontrack Racing Todd Stephensen. My co driver Devin Jones and myself had a very good game plan for the KOH UTV race. Our main goal was to take the overall and not to just win our class. We wanted to put on a great show for the new Arctic Cat wildcat. We recieved the wildcat three weeks before the race so we had a lot to do before the race. We raced in the main event at KOH last year so we knew what to expect out there. The wildcat is bone stock except the cage,radios,seats,wheels and tires. We drew the 24th spot which sucked for us but i love challenges. We pre ran the course twice in the wildcat and once on fourwheelers, so we knew the course. We decided that we were going to run about 3/4 speed and see where it put us in the field. We started off and started battling the dust. I wanted to try to get ahead of as many people as possible before we hit elvis. We had excellent lines layed out the first 10 miles and it payed off big. We passed about 12 cars in the first 10 miles. We got to the first lakebed and we could not see anything. We knew we werent going to be the fasted car so were going to have to make it up in the rocks and the rough. We got through the first lake bed and i could not see anything it was really hard to drive by my co driver telling me where to go but we did it. When we hit martel we had clicked off a couple more cars so i knew we were setting good. We were headed towards the first pit and i could only see about three dust trails in front of us and i knew we could catch them in the whoops. Dean Bulloch was pitting for me in the first pit and he told me that there was three cars ahead of us. We blew threw the first pit and pushed a little bit harder to get to elvis. I wanted to be threw elvis first but i knew they had some time on us. We smoked threw elvis and then we hit the super rough area in front of us. We were talking to Cary on the repeater on the mountain and we knew we had one car in front of us and she said we were gaining fast. We decided to chill a little bit and save the car for the last whoop sections where we knew we could make up some time. We had to stop in pit two to get fuel and my great pit crew from Ontrack Racing had us out of there in seconds. I barely had time so get a drink. We started to head up to fisher mountain and we knew we had to be careful cause of all the sharp rocks. When we got on top Cary at the repeater said the helicopter was going to be with us in a second and my co driver freaked out. He started to yell and me and told me to not even try to give them a show(he knows me pretty good). The helicopter stayed with us all the way threw fisher and they where close, i could see the white in the eyes of the pilot. It was really cool having them there and i think i did a good job controlling myself. We started done the sand hill and the wildcat started to go into limp mode. It kept coming out of gear so the computer didnt know what gear we were in. I had my co driver hold it in low range all the way done jack north. It helped but we could only go about half speed because it kept going into limp mode. We got down the canyon with out a problem. We knew we could make it home from there so we tried hard to make up time. We got passed pit 2a and i told my co driver to hold on because i was going to hold it full throttle to the finish. The fastest we went from pit 2a to the finish was about 45 and it sucked. I knew if we could get to the finish in under 4 min after the leader we could take the win. We got to back door and we couldnt get it to stay in gear and i was praying we could make it up the steep hill to the finish. We started up the last hill and we were in low in full limp mode. From the bottom to the top i think we hit about 5mph. The last 10 feet i thought we were going to have to push, my co driver was ready because he was almost out of the car. We made it to the top and i figured we could coast from there. We got to the bottom of the hill and it wouldnt go into any gear. I finally got into reverse and started to turn around when it went into high. We made it across the finish line and i knew we probably didnt make it in time. We ended up being 1 min 30 sec behind the leader. We had a great time and would like to thank everyone from Ontrack Racing and D & P Performance for the help. I would also like to thank mastercraft safety,walker evans racing,trail gear and warn winches for there help. Thanks to everyone in the UTV community for being so nice to us and we loved meeting a bunch of new people. Thanks to Joey from UTV Underground for the pictures and write ups on us. See ya all soon.<!-- google_ad_section_end --> <!-- / message -->
<!-- controls -->​
so what turnned out to be the problem? shifter linkage? loose selector sensor?

ONTRACK RACING

Nov 2, 2011
we are just starting to work on it now not sure yet why. Did you guys see the press release the president of arctic cat put out? go to sxsnews.com to check it out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000