SR1 the best thing out

Zerofield

Pit Junky - UTVUnderground Approved
Dec 13, 2009
Arizona
since helping build corry's i've never got a chance to drive it...

i got to drive one today, hit 3rd gear going down the street, amazing! it just flew. come back with tears in my eyes and a huge grin. can't wait to start building mine.

racemx587

Standing On My 4 Big Horns SUCKA! - UTVUnderground
Mar 28, 2009
really... ever since I saw the first one, I thought "perfect, thats exactly the sxs I've been looking for." I just cant figure out a realistic way for me to work a clutch and gears. But the sr1 (and the new class) is a perfect machine, its exactly what I've been looking for since I got in my motocross wreck. Gets my heart pumping just thinking about how awesome one would be to drive and race... seriously, the videos of these cars would make anyones pants a little tight haha

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
Sounds like there were some big smiles after some runs down the street!!! :) Hell, I have been driving mine for 3 months and I still have the same reaction! :)

droptchevy

Twisted SR1 - UTVUnderground Approved
Dec 9, 2009
Hey corry i sent an email to the address off the weller site but never got a response. I was looking to get pricing for the r1. I already have the gear one rear setup.

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
Hey Dustin!! I will have Jason check it and get with you....if you already have the Gear One setup, it will def save some $$!!

Ooohhhh!! You have the old Twisted Labs car, don't you? That would make a sweet SR1!!

droptchevy

Twisted SR1 - UTVUnderground Approved
Dec 9, 2009
yes i have the twisted labs rhino. I figure everything else is set up and can handle the power of the sr1, so why not. Its probably only a matter of time before the 686 blows up on me anyway, so i want to get all my parts lined up now so the swap can go quick. Let me know, headed out to ocotillo in a few minutes

Wild Earp

50Fifty Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
really... ever since I saw the first one, I thought "perfect, thats exactly the sxs I've been looking for." I just cant figure out a realistic way for me to work a clutch and gears. But the sr1 (and the new class) is a perfect machine, its exactly what I've been looking for since I got in my motocross wreck. Gets my heart pumping just thinking about how awesome one would be to drive and race... seriously, the videos of these cars would make anyones pants a little tight haha
Electra Steer Powersteering + quickener
Unisteer: UTILITY VEHICLE PARTS

Pingle Electric Up/Down Shifter
Pingel Shifter for Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa

And then the standard MC twist throttle/push pull brake setup like Evan Evans races with. I think Even even has a button on the steering wheel for activating his electric tear away system on his goggles/helmet so that he doesnt have to take his hands off. With power steering and a quickener, you can steer one handed, and put the up down shift buttons so you can hit them with your thumb.

You only have to use the clutch to take off from a stop (clutchless shifting), so you should be able to figure a thumb activated setup on the steering wheel, or a paddle shifter like pull setup, behind the steering wheel.

Your set! :)

Nick

Un Banned - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 3, 2009
Mesa, AZ
THE WAY I READ THE RULES WAS FOOT OPERATED CLUTCH OR SHIFT HANDLE MOUNTED LEVER.

Wild Earp

THE WAY I READ THE RULES WAS FOOT OPERATED CLUTCH OR SHIFT HANDLE MOUNTED LEVER.
Your right

"as well as a stick shift style shifter. Electric paddle shifters and automatic clutch systems are not allowed at this time."

but Im sure none of the other competitors would protest, given the reasoning behind using it. I know I wouldnt.

Nick

Un Banned - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 3, 2009
Mesa, AZ
yea.. i dont see why they wouldnt.. but i didnt make the rules i just have to follow them on the fine fine line. haha.

BOBONTHIS

#64 PRO UTVUNDERGROUND RACER - UTVUnderground Appr
Jan 27, 2009
Mesa, AZ
I would love to build one to race....just need to get a frame and some much needed extra money!!!!! LOL
Any time your ready Joey, You can just borrow mine. I mean it anytime. Well as long as I not driving!!! My main car is still my Teryx my first & True love.:D:D

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
dont tempt me with a good time Bob!!! LOL But I dont know if I would want to do that....god forbid I start winning and shiat, makin my boys all look bad! hahahahahaah

YEAH RIGHT! hahahah

Thanks Bob, your a great friend!! I would be happy if you just gave me a ride in it!

racemx587

Mar 28, 2009
Electra Steer Powersteering + quickener
Unisteer: UTILITY VEHICLE PARTS

Pingle Electric Up/Down Shifter
Pingel Shifter for Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa

And then the standard MC twist throttle/push pull brake setup like Evan Evans races with. I think Even even has a button on the steering wheel for activating his electric tear away system on his goggles/helmet so that he doesnt have to take his hands off. With power steering and a quickener, you can steer one handed, and put the up down shift buttons so you can hit them with your thumb.

You only have to use the clutch to take off from a stop (clutchless shifting), so you should be able to figure a thumb activated setup on the steering wheel, or a paddle shifter like pull setup, behind the steering wheel.

Your set! :)
Yea, thats kind of a set up that I was looking at. But the only problem with that is my hands and fingers dont really move either haha. What I do now is have a vertical lever for throttle (pull back for gas, forward for brakes) which I have to strap my hand onto, and then I have his tri-pin set up on the steering wheel that I put my hand into to steer (attached to the wheel kind of like a truck drivers ball). So I really dont have anything extra to work clutch and gears with. I've seen those electric shifters before, I do have some ideas with it, to maybe have a set up where my gas/brake lever can also shift right to left to shift up and down. But I need to get my current set up perfected first... one thing at a time haha. Only problem is I havent seen any auto clutch setups for these motors (kind of like a rekluse for dirt bikes and quads). The idea of a paddle shifter on these things is sooo sweet though.

I've got a Howe hydraulic power steering setup on there now. I was worried the electric unit wouldnt be strong enough, and its not adjustable. The Howe unit has been a nightmare to dial in for my needs (still not there) but its pretty trick. With the quickener, I have been looking at these for a while. What do you recommend, 1.5:1 or 2:1? I'm worried 2:1 might be a handful. Also, does it make the steering much harder? I'm worried about that.

Thanks for lookin out, always nice to get some good ideas

Wild Earp

I havent driven a rhino with a quickener, but when I put one one, it will probably be the 1.5:1, because I do desert driving too. If it was a short course only car, Id probably do 2:1.

Ive got the Howe and a pretty fast rack on my desert buggy. It sure is nice. I can push the front of the car over in tight spots, if the tire is up against a boulder or rock wall.

I saw an optional feature for the electric shifter that would allow automatic upshifts at a certain rpm, but that doesnt help with downshifting... Maybe just RPM based triggers, high and low? it would be a bear to setup to get it to work right though..

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
why cant you? I doubt any racing organization would keep someone from racing with this, especially if he doesnt have use of his legs.

true, it has been approved before, also for a another truck racer, in FPO class I think.

racemx587

Mar 28, 2009
I saw an optional feature for the electric shifter that would allow automatic upshifts at a certain rpm, but that doesnt help with downshifting... Maybe just RPM based triggers, high and low? it would be a bear to setup to get it to work right though..
Thats pretty trick right there... might be on to something. True, it sounds like an absolute nightmare to set up right haha

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000