Kawasaki Teryx T4 kids rear seat mount.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
I was trying to find a way to use my kids PRP seats as boosters with the stock seats. But the harnesses would not work and it was not safe. So I removed the stock and used the seat frame to mount my kids seats. The stock seat frame is shaped similar to the seat. It had a cross bar at the top of the back support to attach the harness to and I can still remove it and bolt the stock seat back in.

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Very nice! I did something similar with my XP4. My daughter is 3 years old and I too have a PRP booster for her, but I feel she is still to small to fit in it properly and to get the seat belts to fit her right.

So I bought another car seat like we used in our passenger cars. (Graco Nautilus) To mount it in the XP I used the factory seat base, made an adapter plate that bolts to the factory seat base and that the car seat mounts too. Since car seats come with "Latch" tethers to strap it in your car. I added two eyelets and also used the Latch tethers as a secondary hold down. I too can take her seat out and put a full size seat back in within a few minutes.

Here is the Graco Nautilus seat. I like it for the fact the head rest wraps around protecting her head in side to side movement and is adjustable. Also the shoulder belt height is adjustable so you can tailor fit the belts to fit their size perfect. Also the seat gives them a to handles to hold on to.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
Here are some better pics of what I did. It was very simple.

I marked the tabs to make sure I had clearance for the seat tab.

I then clamped the tab into place after removing the paint from the seat base.

Weld

Captivate nuts on the back of seat tab.

Assemble, Install and Enjoy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000