UTVUG SoCal Jamboree - Ocotillo Wells / S22

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
So kicken this out for input.

We'd like to start an official UTVUG SoCal Jamboree at Ocotillo Wells / S22.

Couldn't do it officialy this season due to the time required for permiting but an un-official event would be ok. Or, early next season as a permitted event could be doable.

Racing is not allowed (yet) but other types of activities are allowed.

So what do you guys think?
Possible dates that don't conflict?
Activities? (must be non-timed)

This is one of the best riding areas in CA and there are no UTV specific events held there that I'm aware of. We see tons of UTV's all the time and think it would be a good addition to the calender.

Thanks
jim

Goodtimes

Jan 17, 2009
Ramona
Great Idea Jim, I am in. I will do what i can to help. The second week of November looks good for not having any races that weekend.

dunerat

Jun 16, 2012
Simi Valley, CA
This is a great idea. I have been there once and would love to go back with a big group and people who know the area better

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
I have discussed this before and am just not wise of the politics, fees, required to do such an event these days. TDS on the other hand has been going on for decades. I can easily see a SXS event being three times the size with todays SXS saturation.

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Here's my .02

Summer is to and peeps are at the river

Sept every one is saving the $$$ for the sand show in mid Sept. and the next two weeks every one is doing there install from what got from the sand show

early oct. you have the 4x4 show at Pomona fair grounds and then the next two weeks peeps are doing the install from what they got from the 4x4 show .

End of Oct. you have peeps thinking of the start of desert season Hollow ween and Glamis Glamis to play in the sand .

The next big weekend is Vet.s day for some pending which day it falls on.

THKG-Day alot of peeps have the own desert spot that they have been going to for years .

Dec not much going on but peeps are saving the $$ for x-mas and new years .
Sorry I don't follow the racing but I'm sure they have some in these month also and they are a BIG part of the underground .

And then you have Joey scheduled which is crazy and for some reason I think he would like to attend . :D

But like they say you build it and they will come .

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
I received the forms and application for a permitted event last week. I'm waiting on a call back from the OW events guy to see what all else we will need to do.

Will also be meeting with some folks at TDS this weekend to get some advice and help.

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
Just bumping this up again.

Had a good phone meeting with the park people today. We're going to start working through the details and the permit process over the next month or so. It will definately be an event for next season. Not sure when yet so keep throwin dates out.

We should be able to have vendors.
We will be able to have group rides.
We will will be able to have some games but needs further discussion in the permit process as to what's acceptable.

Looks like it might just happen :cool:

Cisco Kid

Puro Corazon - UTVUnderground La Famila
Apr 17, 2009
Geocaching = we can set up something in some location provide a gps coord and have peeps fine them ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000