V2R 2011 Thread....

jaggedx

Jagged X - Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Jan 14, 2010
www.jaggedx.com
Who's going?
Who's building?
Who's winning?

It's three months away, just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on the above questions and anything else?:D

Mike

jaggedx

Jan 14, 2010
www.jaggedx.com
I can tell you that we have alot of testing to do, we'll probably do a top end on the motor...just to make sure all is well:D...and we need to get a logistical plan together. In summary, we're not ready...but we will be.;)

I think we have a pretty legit shot, we've had alot of success at this race in the past, so I'm hoping that success continues. Cory has already predicted a win for team "canned ham", and I'd be amazed if Lasher, Matt Parks, and a few others aren't already cleaning a place on the shelf for a new trophy...at least I'd hope so!!!:D
I do know for sure that this is my personal favorite race of the year and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone there. We have the potential to really make an impression on the entire desert racing community with the potential speeds that are possible with alot of the cars this year, and that's always a good thing.

Mike

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
i assume jagged x has run v2r before right?

Cognito crew is thinkin about going but i am in the dark on a lot of the details like:
how many hours does it take in a utv to run this 550 miles?
what time of day does it start?
do utv's start behind trucks and buggies or are we gonna get run over?

any info u have would be great thanks!
justin

jaggedx

Jan 14, 2010
www.jaggedx.com
i assume jagged x has run v2r before right?
Yep, we've won the last four in a row.:D
Cognito crew is thinkin about going but i am in the dark on a lot of the details like:
how many hours does it take in a utv to run this 550 miles?
what time of day does it start?
I think our total time last year was around 14 hours.
do utv's start behind trucks and buggies or are we gonna get run over?
We start with bikes and quads, several hours ahead of cars and trucks.

any info u have would be great thanks!
justin

Mike L

Kawasaki Kult Grand Wizard - We HATE Dem Bears
Feb 11, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.lashermotorsports.com
You can bet the Lasher Motorsports Kawasaki will be there!

We are in the same boat as Jagged... Lots to do before the race, I think this years V to R could be the best one by far. This race boils down to logistics and endurance.

jaggedx

Jan 14, 2010
www.jaggedx.com
does it start early in the morn and go all day? or go into the dark?
We start at o'darkthirty...finished last year as the sun was going down fwiw. You'll definately want to be prepared to run lights or put on lights in the later pits...just in case.

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
good luck to those running this very long race.

will BITD be able to put this on? SNORE's next race permit has not been approved by the nevada BLM. So i wonder if this will encompass all dezert racing org's.

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Another question for the 4 time champs, and anyone else that would like to chime in...

For pit vehicles... Are most of the pit areas accessable to trucks with trailers? Or do you need to have a truck out fitted with everything necessary to pit?

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
Another question for the 4 time champs, and anyone else that would like to chime in...

For pit vehicles... Are most of the pit areas accessable to trucks with trailers? Or do you need to have a truck out fitted with everything necessary to pit?
A small open trailer will make it to many if not most pits, but I wouldn't try and bring a toy hauler. The chase notes that BITD puts out after the drawing are pretty good. Some of the chase roads are a ways out on dirt roads and some are right next to the highway.

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
A small open trailer will make it to many if not most pits, but I wouldn't try and bring a toy hauler. The chase notes that BITD puts out after the drawing are pretty good. Some of the chase roads are a ways out on dirt roads and some are right next to the highway.
Makes sence. thanks

Bajaxp

Jan 21, 2010
OC
good luck to those running this very long race.

will BITD be able to put this on? SNORE's next race permit has not been approved by the nevada BLM. So i wonder if this will encompass all dezert racing org's.
I would say Yes! This is from the BITD website addressing this very thing!

Special Notice: We have been receiving many phone calls about the recent denial of a BLM permit to another organization. Please know this denial of the permit has nothing to do with Best In The Desert, and does not effect our races at all, in fact, TSCO "Vegas to Reno" is moving along very well. Also, we just got an A+ rating from the BLM on the running of the Bilek Racing Silver State "300", so we are confident we are in compliance with the BLM regulations and have a good working relationship with the BLM. On another note, get excited about "Vegas to Reno" but hang tight, there may be a really exciting announcement made in a few months about a 2012 race, get excited about Best In The Desert

jaggedx

Jan 14, 2010
www.jaggedx.com
I hope it'a another 1000 mile staged vegas to reno race! The one they did a few years ago was a blast!!!
I second that...that race was beyond an absolute blast. I also second what Matt said re: BITD being approved through Nevada BLM. I think that Casey is always "cutting edge" when it comes to his relationship with the BLM. He seems to be ahead of the curve re: land use, safety, course recovery, etc. imho. I think SNORE had some issues re: BLM protocol from what I've read, and I don't think Casey will have those issues. .02

Mike

Bajaxp

Jan 21, 2010
OC
The Baja Bobsled 1932 will be at Vegas to Reno...ready to rumble. Can't wait! :)

HDRA1

old buggy dork - UTVUnderground Approved
Sep 3, 2010
Las Vegas nv
well i know i will be there with the Deere with some changes for the better more top speed and some shock changes.

this will be my 12th V2R ( i started when it was the Frontier 500) i have most of my logistics done the prep is almost done waiting on a few parts and finished up some of the things that were not done before the SS300. Casey said we are going through gabbs so it should be about 550 miles total looking at some of the maps i have from over the years .

we will be going on a ride in a few weeks we are going from armagosa to tonapah so we will be on some of the course hope the silt beds are better than they were last year

tech3sandcars

Tech3 Sandcars
Mar 10, 2009
Oregon
www.tech3sandcars.com
Last year was our first year doing the race, we were skeptical about even finishing, we were thrilled with the second place finish. We are starting preparations as we speak to get our big motor together for this race, mechanically the car just ran great at the Vorra Yerington 300 that we won.

Logistics weren't too bad for VtoR, we had 2 chase trucks and 2 motorhomes to move and it went pretty easy. Sometimes the motorhomes just had to wait on the highway, but then there were some that they could get into pretty easy. BITD always makes it easy to pit for these races. See everyone there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000