What fire suits do you recommend???

VBosch02

Dec 3, 2010
Bellflower, Ca
Going along with the “ISA fire suit rules” thread that has been going, I want to ask you racers what suits you like or don’t like. I’ve been searching and reading about suits and don’t know very much about them. I know I want at least a 2 layer suit, but don't know what to buy. So here are the questions. What suit do you have/recommend? What do you like or dislike about them and where should I be looking to buy one? I don’t want to just buy the first fire suit I see. I figure heck the knowledge is here on the underground, so I’m asking! <O:p></O:p>

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
You can't go wrong with the top of the line fire suits from Simpson Racing.
Mine fits comfy and will protect me from my wrist to my ankles in case of a fire. I would check out Offroad warehouse because they give you a UTVunderground discount and they will ship it to you. The best thing to do is to go down and try one on. I have a STD.6 and is a single layer fire suit and is SFI approved and can be used in any type of offroad racing.

Simpson is used in NASCAR.
Example: last weeks fire at the Daytona500

tyler

Parkse5 - UTVUnderground Approved
May 27, 2009
mission viejo
Oakley, momo, sparco, Simpson, alpinestar, all make great fire suits

Last edited:

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
Oakley, momo, sparco, Simpson, alpine star, all make great fire suits
Yes...what the other Mr Parks said ^^^
Look for multiple layers plus nomex and/or Carbon X fabric.

UPR is a good place to get info, pricing, etc

Racing Suits

ParkerPumper

Oct 10, 2011
Mira Loma, CA
I would suggest a Pyrotect, crow, or Sparco "jade" for a mid range, inexpensive suit. if you can afford the few hundred extra dollars, i would move up to a nicer Simpson "hybrid"or "S-Series", or even the Alpinestars SP or GT-T. all of which i sell and am able to ship worldwide.
look us up at Parkerpumper.com

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Going along with the “ISA fire suit rules†thread that has been going, I want to ask you racers what suits you like or don’t like. I’ve been searching and reading about suits and don’t know very much about them. I know I want at least a 2 layer suit, but don't know what to buy. So here are the questions. What suit do you have/recommend? What do you like or dislike about them and where should I be looking to buy one? I don’t want to just buy the first fire suit I see. I figure heck the knowledge is here on the underground, so I’m asking! <o:p></o>
Best prices I've found and complete sets... gloves, shoes, underwear etc... http://pitstopusa.com/

I'd also not get anything less than a 3.2A/5 rating. The /5 gives you 10 secs to second degree burns and the /10 gives you 19 secs. That isn't very long in my book after your bell was just rung and you're trying to figure out WTF just happened.

Just remember the more protection, the more layers etc... but you probably know that already.

Good luck!

Hope this helps...

Dan ...

Oc1

Apr 21, 2011
I also wouldn't get anything less than an 3.2 A/5. You do have to make some compromises though. The thicker the suit the harder it is to move around in and the hotter it is. If your doing a race like Vegas to Reno or the Baja 500 which are both in the summer in the southwest you could die of heat stroke in heavy suit!:eek: I also think depending on your body type some suits might just fit better than others. If you have a place to try them on thats your best bet. If not just make sure you really look at the sizing charts as they vary quite a bit between the different brands. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the major brands. I have some friends who wear the custom made Master Craft suits and they look extremely comfortable because they custom make them to fit you. If I have the $$$$ and am racing enough when its time to replace mine I will probably go that route.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000