Who wins desert challenge

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
I'll take my driver and our NA car against any turbo driver. Any day. Only problem we had was we started 21st Saturday and S3 got clean air early both days.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
The GW can drive the wheels off that car.....but i dont think that he could have ran down S3. Those guys were on fire. S3's car had 100 yards on sapps car in the first 300 yards of the course.

Reactions: facteryfmf

shane88

Nov 5, 2014
Thanks for the props Cognito...yall earned a well deserved win coming from the back on the first day and yall were rolling. We broke a right front knuckle due to me not calling a danger to Dustin on a hard left with a drop off, I was looking at the temp gauge and should have been paying more attention to the GPS... we were running hot due to our radiator fans quit working on the second lap, I guess they burnt up from running all day at V2R. Anyways this year is a big learning experience for us as we've never raced in this type of terrain before, and we hope to come back smarter and stronger next year. As far as the Turbos vs Non-turbos.... I'm to point that I wish they would just split the classes for one simple reason, to stop all the bickering. I feel all the drama and bickering is scaring more racers off than the issue itself IMO. I don't care what BITD decides to do, splitting them or not splitting them we just want to race lol.

Last edited:

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
I'd rather see an additional class thats a flop in a year or 2 than to tell 30+ teams step up or step out. I would say in 2017 that 80% of your class will have gone turbo. In talking to racers @ SSSS and ORE we have already lost a half dozen teams over Corys Antics and rule changes.
I agree if you split class now for 2016 you will keep utv count up and you will get more utv owners to build turbo in future. As of right now you are pushing away future builds and owners instead of embracing them.

Reactions: facteryfmf

the stripping shop

Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
JXBS, I don't remember any 'idiot' saying that NA cars were not at a disadvantage. I do remember many people saying they would rather not increase the number of UTV classes. Turbos apparently are here to stay and once people get them sorted out and/or the top teams/drivers run them, then they will start to win on a consistent basis. It really is no different than when it was Rhino vs RZR, or RZR 800 vs 900, or 900 vs 1000. Only once did they split the class when they created the 850 class which was a flop and only lasted one season. I still think two classes, Pro UTV and Sportsman is the best solution.
The question would be, Would you drive jaggy old 1000 or there new turbo utv next year? If you had to take money out of your pocket to buy one not a free ride. That's were allot of utv racers are at for 2016. Be part of the top or be there to finish.

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
The question would be, Would you drive jaggy old 1000 or there new turbo utv next year? If you had to take money out of your pocket to buy one not a free ride. That's were allot of utv racers are at for 2016. Be part of the top or be there to finish.
The answer is obvious, I would drive a turbo. But as I pointed out before, 800's raced against 900's for a season and won. 900's raced against 1000's and won quite a few races. NA's are already racing against turbos and I think they have only lost one race. I an neither 'an idiot' nor 'retarded' and know that the turbos are going to get sorted and be the future. Then it will be something else. My point is that I believe one premier class is better than trying to appease everyone.

Fact: racing is not cheap and we saw the class grow through dramatic change in the past, when those with race Rhinos had to buy a RZR to be competitive. Then a few years later you had to have a 900 to be competitive...then you had to have a 1000 and now you will need to have a turbo. Why is this any different than what we went through in the past? It is not! Except for the one year (the 850 debacle) we only had one premier Pro UTV class and it has grown tremendously despite racers needing to upgrade every couple of years.

Reactions: Ratoutahell

the stripping shop

Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
The answer is obvious, I would drive a turbo. But as I pointed out before, 800's raced against 900's for a season and won. 900's raced against 1000's and won quite a few races. NA's are already racing against turbos and I think they have only lost one race. I an neither 'an idiot' nor 'retarded' and know that the turbos are going to get sorted and be the future. Then it will be something else. My point is that I believe one premier class is better than trying to appease everyone.

Fact: racing is not cheap and we saw the class grow through dramatic change in the past, when those with race Rhinos had to buy a RZR to be competitive. Then a few years later you had to have a 900 to be competitive...then you had to have a 1000 and now you will need to have a turbo. Why is this any different than what we went through in the past? It is not! Except for the one year (the 850 debacle) we only had one premier Pro UTV class and it has grown tremendously despite racers needing to upgrade every couple of years.
You are correct in every way but then you had 10-20 racers. Now you have 40-60 racers how do you keep 40-60 racers at every event for the next couple years. If you want history to repeat it self keep 1 pro class and entries will drop to 15-30 racers or open up new class next year and let it grow so you can have 40-60 again. In 2-3 years the oldest class/ N/A 1000 class will be changed to turbo, new class will be 1200 triple/paddle shifter/ turbo car anyways. But all the old turbo cars will have somewere to race for next couple years right. You still can do 1 overall champion just like they do for TT and class1.You would think BITD thinking would be more entries, But I think UTVRA thinking is the same as yours. If you want to race spend the the money to be on top or get the hell out of the way.

bluediamond

Jun 24, 2015

This is 100% the answer . Hands down the best breakdown that has been written on this subject. You can't ruin the pro class by splitting it. If you split the Pro class no sponsers, fans or media will pay attention or cover the N/A winners. Not sure why more people don't agree with this. The best solution would be have a pro class and a N/A only sportsman class. That way teams that don't want to invest in the newest have a place to race long into the future. 2 years from now no one that calls themselves a pro will be driving a N/A Polaris 1000 correct ? So why make such a drastic change for a car that no one will be racing in 2 seasons ? It makes no sense.

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
The brutal honest truth is we are going to go thru this same exact problem WITHIN 4 months into the 2016 season. Another manufacturer is coming with incredible HP and it won't be fair to the other 3 manufacturers. Then what?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

racer570

Apr 10, 2012
houston ms
I don't know why you think that sponsors, fans, or media will not support another class. Lacrecia has done well in the unlimited class, getting polaris, dragonfire, and others to sponsor her. That would be like saying that trophylite doesn't get any sponsorship because they are not a full TT.

Reactions: Ignore Amos

Bajaxp

Jan 21, 2010
OC
Edit: this is a response to factoryfmf's post.

If it is not a 1000cc NA or turbo, then it won't be racing. Just like you can't race an Ecotec class 10 in the Pro UTV class.

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
Edit: this is a response to factoryfmf's post.

If it is not a 1000cc NA or turbo, then it won't be racing. Just like you can't race an Ecotec class 10 in the Pro UTV class.
1000cc turbo charged 280hp is coming mid 2016, arctic cat special edition

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Bajaxp

Jan 21, 2010
OC
Pfffft! I will believe that when I see it. Plus it is an Arctic and we all know their race record is. Do you know what sort of BMEP you have to run to get 280 hp out of a one liter engine? That is more hp per liter than the highest rated turbo charged street car on the planet which happens to be the Koenigsegg One which is rated at 1341 hp out of a twin turbo 5000cc engine or 268 hp per liter. So I respectfully call 'Bull Poo Poo.'

Big hp isn't always a winner in the dez anyway as you proved last weekend! :)

Reactions: Rynomx785

ironworks

Jan 18, 2010
Anybody have any idea how much all those NA 1000cc race cars will be worth if they combine the classes? Not much as they won't have a competitive place to race them at BITD so they will go some where else.

I have yet to see a turbo car under construction that does not have some connection to a sponsored racer or a guy with a rich daddy. If they wanna force the guys who make up the class to go somewhere else, I know I will.

Cory and Casey can decide what they please. The car count will tell the tail and I would say that crystal ball was starting to unfold at Blue water last weekend.

Bajaxp

Jan 21, 2010
OC
Again, no different than what race Rhinos, 800 or 900s were worth when something new came out. Racing is expensive and someone looking at a cheaper way to get into racing could buy one of these older cars and race VORRA, AVE, SNORE etc and have a great time.

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
Pfffft! I will believe that when I see it. Plus it is an Arctic and we all know their race record is. Do you know what sort of BMEP you have to run to get 280 hp out of a one liter engine? That is more hp per liter than the highest rated turbo charged street car on the planet which happens to be the Koenigsegg One which is rated at 1341 hp out of a twin turbo 5000cc engine or 268 hp per liter. So I respectfully call 'Bull Poo Poo.'

I agree, but we shall see. I do believe that you will see an all new wildcat company coming forward.

ironworks

Jan 18, 2010
Again, no different than what race Rhinos, 800 or 900s were worth when something new came out. Racing is expensive and someone looking at a cheaper way to get into racing could buy one of these older cars and race VORRA, AVE, SNORE etc and have a great time.

Yeah but these cars were built for BITD rules not anything else. I could have saved tens of thousands just sticking with the pure series. It hurts the turbo guys nothing to have a second class. I don't understand the fight or resistance from the turbo guys. Just like Big Jim said let the NA 1000's race in a separate class for a few years and maybe it will die off, Maybe it wont. But the only affect the splitting has on the Turbo guys is a decrease in pay out. But it might make a NA guy completely stop racing the BITD series.

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009

Well we will see, as the source is credible. I don't doubt that they will detune it to start, but it will be a good 100hp more than any factory car out right now.

I am pretty sure there are some turbo sleds that are making that kind of power already, of course they have plenty of cool air for a large delta t.

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
There are some new teams coming next year to utvs from the TT class and other classes also.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000