All UTV's Whose going to buy a Yamaha Viking?

Spicoli

Feb 26, 2011
So Cal
Since its release yesterday there has been a lot of negative posts and disappointment. I was very disappointed for I was hoping for a another 4 seater similar to teryx4 but more power and better suspension. My question is who here plans to buy a Viking?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

07rhintax

Mar 9, 2013
I can't imagine anyone one would want the new Viking even if I wanted a farm machine I would rather have a John Deere, ranger, or teryx. And that's coming from a die hard yamaha owner.

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
I lean more to the utility side of the spectrum even though my hunting and working with the machine days appear to be over. I have a family of 5 and all of the stuff that goes with us on a days ride necessitates the Ranger Crew and the big bed and storage. The Prowler HDX, the Ranger, Cub Cadet, John Deere, Case and the list goes on of machines that already have that market covered. I'd take the Prowler HDX any day over the Viking for a utility machine, bigger bed and better weight capacity. If I'm not mistaken the Cat has adjustable air shocks in the rear too.

Clearly they don't have a bunch or retards running arounds Yamaha running things but I can't think of why those chose this route. To be perfectly honest, I'd rather have the Rhino. I had one and it was a great machine.

JRLoos

Dec 3, 2011
I agree. If you are tapping into such a saturated market, you need to be creative. You need a selling point other than a 3-seater... I was very disappointed! At least compete with the power that you can get with the Ranger 900xp.

ParaPros Racing

parapros racing
Jun 27, 2009
sun city CA
i wont thats for sure..

But i Bet a team will get some and do work on it
put bigger motor and ill put money on it looking pretty dang good!!

Brad

ParaprosRacing.com

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
I won't...but really want to take a stock Rhino out against one to see how it does. Something tells me the OG Rhino may school it on the trail.

Spicoli

Feb 26, 2011
So Cal
I just don't know about 3 adult males riding in that thing. Now three females have no problem with that.

Ironman

Sep 11, 2010
I just don't know about 3 adult males riding in that thing. Now three females have no problem with that.
Jon you always seem to have enough buddies (male) to ride with you so 3 guys in your Yamaha won't be new for you!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Spicoli

Feb 26, 2011
So Cal
Jon you always seem to have enough buddies (male) to ride with you so 3 guys in your Yamaha won't be new for you!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:
No brokeback side x side for me. Three more ladies would be fine. I'd make it work :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000