WORCS round 3 race recap

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010
Well another round down and all i can say is this one is going to cost me. First i have to thank my sponsors for helping me get here. Cognito Motorsports for my new dual rate spring setup worked flawlessly, Alba for my strong running motor, Mark Queen for my Ecu upgrade that is amazing, Highlifter for my new axles. The list goes on and on.

Being points based i lined up on row 2 for the start. I got a decent start somewhere midpack of my group. Did really well the most of the first lap. Near the 3/4 point of the first race i lost a front cv from all the rocks built up around my front diff. The track was another brutal one. Deep sand ruts and rocks and boulders. I even got a rock the size of a golf ball wedged between my back and my seat and hurt like hell. With a slight power loss i had to back down a bit as i wanted to finish. Down by the lagoon i ended up rolling over onto my driver door and landing on my passenger door. After the guys flipped my back over they wouldnt allow me to go till i said i was ok, But i was already restarting the car yelling GET OUT OF MY WAY!!. So i gave them the thumbs up and away i went. The crowd was giving me thumbs up and it was awesome. Away i go to finish my first lap.

Lap 2 went well,

Lap 3 got a flat tire and just kept going ended up getting another flat, So now im on 2 rear flats but with dual beadlocks i said F it and kept on. I ended up somewhere breaking both rear wheels and finishing the race however i could.

Parts list that i can see as of now
Go Pro i lost in the flip
Broke both mirrors off the car
Driver side trailing arm bent
Driver side brake caliper sawed in half from broken wheel
2 new rear wheels
2 new tires
Need new radius rods
driver side hub and bearings

But i finished and ill see ya all in Surprise AZ next month!!!

Oh and i finished 12th out of the 30 or so guys in my class

FabMan

Jan 9, 2010
Leslie, Mo.
Casey, I know replacing bent & missing parts it part of racing, but Man, you knocked it out of the park on that race. Hope you get it back together for the next round and at least you didn't get hurt in the rollover. Sometimes in 1 race you will tear them all to hell and then go 5 more races unscaved. Just have to push on. Good luck in round 4!

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010
Thanks Dave, Was a blast for sure. JoeyD told me afterword i was nuts. Hurt my feelings HA HA AH jk Cant wait to see Joeys pics !!

Mark its brutal out there but the therapy i gain from it is well spent :D

Utv133

Mar 14, 2012
Havasu
It was very rough but I had fun intell I got a flat and broke a hub. that's racing .. I feel bad for the guy that fliped in front of me on lap 2 by the beach in class 2 :eek: helmet looked like a rag doll didn't get the number . Hope your all right

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
you did good good buddy, keep it up and your turn will come around, oh here is a pick from jdm photos

or here
casey

Apr 11, 2011
Santa Clarita
Casey I know this isnt much help, but if you want to ace the side mirrors, i have a 17" convex mirror with radius tabs that will bolt right in and give you great visability or I can get the same style mirrors you had for really really cheap..call me later Ill give you the info

Also I have some ideas about tires and wheels

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000