WORCS RZR570 Build

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
I put this up on RZRforums.net in their 570 section and Joey asked me to put it up here as well.

Howdy all 570 owners! We are racing a RZR570 in the Production 700 class at WORCS and since this area is 570 specific I thought I would let you guys know what we are up to.

For those that don’t know us my name is Doug and my son, Cody “Code†Rahders, is the driver. Over the last 4.5 years he has raced short course in a Super Stock Rhino, full built Modified Rhino, and the last two seasons a SR1 at LOORRS.

This season he is racing a SuperLite truck at the Lucas Oil Regional’s and the RZR570 at WORCS.

First, the car was supplied to us by Polaris through JoeyD of UTV Underground.com. The plan, see what we can accomplish against racing against the Rhinos. Our first impression is, on hard pack this car is quick….very quick, it governs out at 57mph and gets there FAST but, they say there’s no replacement for displacement so we’ll see how it handles deep sand and mud.

Justin at Cognito Motorsports picked the car up and supplied the race legal cage. Pro Armor hooked us up with doors and front bumper, then it was off to round 1 at Glen Helen to see what Code could do with a stock 570. It was so muddy and he was worried about bending up the brand new car so he played it safe and took last through the first turn then worked on the pack one by one.

By the 2nd to last lap he was within 4 seconds of 2nd place but knocked a bead off the left front and finished 4th, total damage, bent front bumper and broken RF hub.

The car was just too narrow for WORCS so it went back to Cognito Motorsports where Justin developed a +5†suspension for it. Fox Racing Shox jumped on board and supplied the shocks, we then picked up some DWT Diablo beadlocks from Black Rhino and ITP ATR tires and it was off to Primm.

At Primm the suspension worked very good but a mishap at the end of lap one left a hole in the radiator and a DNF for the day.

The car then went with us where we have made the following changes;
1. I relocated the radiator to the back of the cage and gusseted the rear arm supports,
2. Cognito Motorsports supplied us with lightened billet aluminum hubs,
3. Chris Hawks at Benchmark Performance was able to reflash the ECU to safely provide us with an additional 1000 RPM’s of engine speed,
4. Nate at ALBA provided us with a set of drop in cam shafts designed to put more emphasis on the RZRs already potent midrange,
5. Nate also had custom fuel controllers made to tweak the air/fuel ratio.

The car is currently at MotoWorld of El Cajon getting the rod update, Ill have back on Wednesday then install the cams and schedule some time with Nate to dyno tune the engine. Once that's completed it’s off Havasu to see if our work pays off.

Couple of things I’m thinking of, I saw the new AC1000 for the first time yesterday, I like where the radiators is located and wonder if I can make that work on the 570, its trick IMO. We also have a spare cylinder and head, the head is similar to the XP but is not finished off as clean as it big brother is so we're looking into porting and better valves. Nate has CP making some pistons to try, and I am working on a possible stroker kit, depends on how the cams and piston work.

I’ve always liked being the underdog, were taking a brand new 50" trail car and putting up against seasoned Rhino's at WORCS. The 570 is a badass little car with a ton of potential so, why do all this work to the 570 when we could have just done an XP? If you have to ask you’re probably not a racer…lol, stay tuned for updates.

Doug

#816 Polaris Industries Cognito Motorsports UTV underground, RZR570
Thank you to the following companies for their support on this project.
Polairs Industries, Cognito motorsports, JoeyD & the Underground, Fox Shox, Team Alba Racing, Benchmark Performance, Pro Armor, Black Rhino,​
and our personal sponsors Superchips, K&N Filters, RacerX Race Radios, Diffenbaugh Construction, & Frosty Burger.​

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
Very cool build. I have been eager to see a 570 built up like this.

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
FYI, Nick @ UTV Inc hooked us up on the Hubs. Justin then went to work making them lighter:D

dnf736

Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
Cams are in, wifes dropping it off at Alba for dyno. Couple things;

1. When you get your car back from the dealer nut & bolt it to make sure they didnt leave anything loose, trust me. The hose clamp on the 1/2" coolant bypass line that's next to the thermostat housing on top of the engine. Its buried, hard to see, and easy to miss, ours was left loose, glad we caught it.

2. Check to make sure the brake light wires above the muffler are ziptied up out of the way, ours were not and melted on the muffler (this was prior to going in for the rod update).

I have not driven the car before this morning, just watched my son do speed runs, with the cams in and the car in all wheel drive from a rolling start it spun all 4 wheels on alsphalt. Granted the alsphalt & tires were cold but the only Rhino motor we had that would ever do that was our old Weller built 760 Teryx killer.

With the new cams in the A/F-R is leeeeaaaannnn, but man does it rip on a hard packed surface. Question is, how will it do in sand?

Ill update Sunday night.

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
Doug,
Good luck to your whole race team in the WORCS SERIES round#3. Take it to them boys CODE and show them how the POLARIS 570 can compete.

dnf736

Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
Just got home from Havasu, here is the latest changes, the intake was modded, the stock muffler was replaced with a Magna Flow, cams were installed, then it hit the dyno for tuning.

Two things came from this,
1. 5hp bump, 40. something total hp.
2. Its loud. The silencer may not be for everyone but for racing its a necessary evil.

The 5hp came in handy as this race is run on the shores of Lake Havasu (sand) and the 570 benefited from the additional pop.

Whats next before the next race? Justin at Cognito Motorsports is going to port the head and possibly install hi flow valves, hopefully CP will have Alba's pistons done for us to try, and I'm going to add a sway bar.
Huh?
Yes, the last two races we haven run a sway bar in either the front or the rear, since the 570 is in a constant state of development and were the first to run this platform at this level time hasn't allowed us to develop one....yet but Ill be using a sprint car bar for this part.

Oh yea, Cody got 2nd. After 45 minutes of racing the top three finished within 4 seconds of each other, tough race.

#816 Polaris Industries Cognito Motorsports UTV underground, RZR570
Thank you to the following companies for thier support on this project.
Polairs Industries, Cognito motorsports, JoeyD & the Underground, Fox Shox, Team Alba Racing, Benchmark Performance, Pro Armor, Black Rhino, and ALBA Racing​
and our personal sponsors Superchips, K&N Filters, RacerX Race Radios, Diffenbaugh Construction, & Frosty Burger.​

More updates to come....

Into Facebook? Like Cody at Cody Rahders Racing | Facebook

ALBANATE

Feb 13, 2012
Kick ass!!! Congrats guys and props to Cognito and all others involved. With more time I know there is more to come. I am excited to see what is next.

Nate
Alba Racing

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000