WORCS series classes

El Kido

Aug 29, 2011
Corona, CA
Hey guys I was wondering what the exact classes are. I'm confused as I was looking online and it seems there was just labelled as motor size. So what would a beginner in a rzr XP with only doors and upgraded belts fall under.

I want to enter the race this Saturday at glen Helen but I have no clue. The site favors ATVs so I don't even know the schedule or time and what not.

Thanks in advance!

Apr 11, 2011
Santa Clarita
You would be class 1, they ussually have practice for only the motorcross sections on friday, the race will be saturday afternoon at 445pm. You dont have to pre regerster, you can just show up and sign up there, make sure you have helmet, fire ext (mounted) and 4 pt belts. Theres no pro class so everyone runs together in thier class

Practice is good to make, but its not a big deal if you miss it, at Washougal last month there was no practice for anyone, just come out early and everone of the sbs or utv guys are very cool and would be willing to answer questions

El Kido

Aug 29, 2011
Corona, CA
How many riders per class? And I should have a. Fighting chance hopefully? I wana have fun to but don't wana get embarressed either
:)

Apr 11, 2011
Santa Clarita
Well most everyone halls ass, a few drive reasonable and a very few go very slow..Im Going to bet 15 class 1s? 20 class 2s 12 class 3s best advice would be if your competitive get a decent start, follow for the first two laps then take it where you want to go. Its a 45 minute race but most drive pretty hard the whole time..

Dont worry about being embarrased, no body cares if your just cruzin, just get out of the way if you are! Also if your not sure about a jump or other obstical just roll over it..

El Kido

Aug 29, 2011
Corona, CA
I should be pretty competitive I would say I am very fast but I never tested my self against guys like that. I plan to try very hard to get podium at least. We shall see were it goes tho. If my safety is here and installed by then I'll do it to get the feel. You gonna go? Btw thanks for the help

Apr 11, 2011
Santa Clarita
Yea Ill be there in a silver rhino #50...your going to have fun with as much power as a XP has, just run with the gruop for a couple of laps to get a feel for it. Ill be there for a few hours on fri and then most of the day saturday, look me up

lmcarraher

White Knuckled - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 19, 2011
apple valley ca. 92307
here are the sxs rules and class's
just go and have fun, class one is pretty competitive .
Side By Side Special Rules

1: All Side By Side’s must have 4 point harness for each occupant.

2: Must have ABC type fire extinguisher on board.

3: Side doors or nets are required keep occupant legs within the foot well area.

4: Full factory or improved roll cage must be intact.

5: To be considered a Side By Side the vehicle must have come with an OEM rear cargo bed.

6: All occupants must wear full protective clothing to include at least a helmet, goggles, and gloves. All other clothing must provide full coverage.

7: Fuel cells are allowed.

Side X Side (SXS) CLASSES

* Side X Side Definition: Must come with an OEM rear cargo bed.

CLASS
DISPLACEMENT
NOTES

SXS Class 1
Max 1000 cc

Unlimited motor modifications.

*NO NOS.
Minimum 15 yrs old on first day of event. Open based class. SBS must come with an OEM rear cargo bed. Must have a full roll cage.

SXS Class 2
Up to 850 cc

Motor must remain production based.
Minimum 15 yrs old on first day of event. Production based class. Must have a full roll cage.

SXS Class 3
Up to 705 cc

Motor must remain production based.
Minimum 15 yrs old on first day of event. Production based class. Must have a full roll cage
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
You think we can practice Friday? And dam I need numbers too....any number scheme per class?
They will give you your racing numbers when you sign up. They will need to be placed on 3 sides :front and sides.

You will have a blast racing and be hooked after Glen Helen. Be preprared for the stomach bugs, once the race starts there gone.
Slow and steady finishes the race!

Great info guys

I have a extra 4 pt harness if you need to barrow it?

El Kido

Aug 29, 2011
Corona, CA
I'm for sure racing. I have friday and Saturday off. How do we find out if we get to practice Friday?

Hey thanks for the offer, I'm going to try and get the harness by Wednesday or try to pick it up at proarmor, if all else fails I will take the offer to burrow the harnes if your okay with that :)

lmcarraher

Feb 19, 2011
apple valley ca. 92307
Take the Devore exit and follow race signs.
Practice Hours: 11-4pm Friday Open Practice $20 per bike
Age Class: 4 Years old +
Track Entry Fee: $10 per person per day $20 weekend pass, Youth 12 and under $5 Weekend pass
Gate Hours: 7-10pm daily 6-10pm- Sat and Sun
Camping: $10 per night

dezerteryx

Jun 13, 2010
san marcos
Make sure to get a good look at the jumps I found out the hard way what happens when u over shoot one.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Apr 11, 2011
Santa Clarita
I think maybe desertteryx is refering to the jump at anza which alot of us over shot it had an uphill rise just past the landing before u turn left uphill to the big jump..I blew that one hard during practice...I ts where all the cars were parked in pieces at the end of the race

dezerteryx

Jun 13, 2010
san marcos
I think maybe desertteryx is refering to the jump at anza which alot of us over shot it had an uphill rise just past the landing before u turn left uphill to the big jump..I blew that one hard during practice...I ts where all the cars were parked in pieces at the end of the race
yep thats the one. i though it was a larger table top but ended up being two smaller ones and ended up flat landing hard in the middle of the two on my right front shattering my steering into a bunch of pieces. so if you dont get a chance to practice take it easy the first lap.

El Kido

Aug 29, 2011
Corona, CA
I'm for sure racing. I have friday and Saturday off. How do we find out if we get to practice Friday?

Hey thanks for the offer, I'm going to try and get the harness by Wednesday or try to pick it up at proarmor, if all else fails I will take the offer to burrow the harnes if your okay with that :)

lmcarraher

Feb 19, 2011
apple valley ca. 92307

Take the Devore exit and follow race signs.
:eek:Practice Hours: 11-4pm Friday Open Practice $20 per bike:eek:
Age Class: 4 Years old +
Track Entry Fee: $10 per person per day $20 weekend pass, Youth 12 and under $5 Weekend pass
Gate Hours: 7-10pm daily 6-10pm- Sat and Sun
Camping: $10 per night<!-- google_ad_section_end --> <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Haagsma Racing

Jan 28, 2011
bakersfield, ca
I should be pretty competitive I would say I am very fast but I never tested my self against guys like that. I plan to try very hard to get podium at least. We shall see were it goes tho. If my safety is here and installed by then I'll do it to get the feel. You gonna go? Btw thanks for the help
i would just try to make it to the finish if its your first race and worry about getting on the podium later

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000