XP 1000's burning to the ground

merha82

merha
Apr 15, 2012
Colorado
Personally saw a xp4 1000 burn to the ground at wash 10 in glamis Saturday. Heard a 2 seater burned down in buttercup. The four seater looked 100% stock. Wandering if anyone has heard anything. Also saw two different XP4 1000's being towed. Blown belts I'm assuming. Kid in the four seater was life flighted due to burns apparently. Hopefully he's ok. Was thinking about getting the new four seater but wholly crap....... Recall on the way I'm guessing??

_KONG_

Jan 10, 2012
Heard the one at wash 10 was carrying gas in the bed and wasnt tied down properly

Tbbarber

Jul 20, 2012
Roy, Utah
An acquaintance of mine got one of the first XP1000 4's in the state. Supposably thew a rod with 3 miles on it. He had mentioned that upon talking with another guy it was said that there have been 8 other occurrences. Don't really have any more specifics than that. My source is pretty creditable. I'm interested to see if anyone else has seen these kinds of problems.

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
I've heard the two in glamis this weekend were BOTH carrying gas in the bed of the 1000s...

Andy

Maverick - UTVUnderground Approved
Dec 2, 2013
Buena Park, Calif
Personally saw a xp4 1000 burn to the ground at wash 10 in glamis Saturday. Heard a 2 seater burned down in buttercup. The four seater looked 100% stock. Wandering if anyone has heard anything. Also saw two different XP4 1000's being towed. Blown belts I'm assuming. Kid in the four seater was life flighted due to burns apparently. Hopefully he's ok. Was thinking about getting the new four seater but wholly crap....... Recall on the way I'm guessing??
That was Saturday. I saw the smoke, sitting on top of Olds around 11:30 am. I could see life flight landing over there as well. Hope all involved make quik recoveries

VBosch02

Dec 3, 2010
Bellflower, Ca
Saw a video of the wash 10 fire. You can hear a lady in it saying she was behind it watching the gas cans bounce around. Then the fire started and the lady didn't even know it was going on.

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Regarding the XP1K 4 that burnt up. This was posted buy the owner on the RZR forum.

"Ok now that I've had time to get home n unpack I'll she'd some light on the whole thing. The gas can was empty that was in the back. The fuel had gone into one of the rails. That was the reason they were back there. Enough said on that. It was a freak accident n I'll probably never know what happen. All I know is my buddy's son got the worst of it. Weather it was my fault for having empty cans with maybe a little gas left I don't know. All I know Is my friends son got hurt and my heart goes out to him. I fully take responsibility for everything and anything. Secondly he will be fine no skin Grafts needed but he's still in pain n still will need time to recover. I've known his dad since I was a baby and this kills me. Not only cuz he's my friend but being a dad n being human. To everyone that helped thank you and to all those that made some bullsh!t comments or stood and took pics to post up glad it wasn't u in that situation. To all those who wish him well I will let him know."

VBosch02

Dec 3, 2010
Bellflower, Ca
Regarding the XP1K 4 that burnt up. This was posted buy the owner on the RZR forum.

"Ok now that I've had time to get home n unpack I'll she'd some light on the whole thing. The gas can was empty that was in the back. The fuel had gone into one of the rails. That was the reason they were back there. Enough said on that. It was a freak accident n I'll probably never know what happen. All I know is my buddy's son got the worst of it. Weather it was my fault for having empty cans with maybe a little gas left I don't know. All I know Is my friends son got hurt and my heart goes out to him. I fully take responsibility for everything and anything. Secondly he will be fine no skin Grafts needed but he's still in pain n still will need time to recover. I've known his dad since I was a baby and this kills me. Not only cuz he's my friend but being a dad n being human. To everyone that helped thank you and to all those that made some bullsh!t comments or stood and took pics to post up glad it wasn't u in that situation. To all those who wish him well I will let him know."
Well that clears that up. Praying the kid heals quickly.

AssaultUTV

Jun 7, 2013
Garden Grove, CA
www.assaultind.com

We hope your buddies son does a fully awesome recovery! How old is his son?

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
Man is it me or has there just been a bunch of Fires lately. Even the Fast and Furious guy Burned up in a Porsche this weekend. Seems Like a Rash of them as of Late. I have been telling everyone in our group to make sure and have a fire extinguisher onboard cause you might not need it for your stuff but some other poor guy. and if more people are packing them the better chance we all have at getting saved if needed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000