Mammoth Lakes June 29th-July 4th

RZRluvr

La Familia Baby!
Feb 21, 2011
Anaheim,CA
You can reach it from big springs.... I camp at sherwin creek every year.... matter of fact I will be there august 4 to 10. You can cross highway 395... I do it all the time. I've rode from sherwin all the way up to bald mountain etc...
Thanks Ali,
I was looking at the map lastnight and noticed if we took Owens River Rd all the way around back to the 395 we could jump across and catch the trail on the other side. Is that how you go?

Ali Baba

Sep 13, 2010
Thanks Ali,
I was looking at the map lastnight and noticed if we took Owens River Rd all the way around back to the 395 we could jump across and catch the trail on the other side. Is that how you go?
You can surely do it that way.... come up by way of hot creek and then over 395 on to sherwin creek rd. The way I go (coming from sherwin creek camp) is down sherwin creek rd. Cross the 395 and turn left on the road that parralles 395. The dirt trail picks up shortly after that on the right side... before what I believe is a power plant or phone company. The rangers told me any dirt road you see you can ride... and if you need to cross the highway or ride on a short section of asphault road to find a dirt trail then go ahead... (I would be careful with that though) But it's nice up there!!! Nobody harasses you and it's beautiful!

RZRluvr

La Familia Baby!
Feb 21, 2011
Anaheim,CA
Thanks again Ali:)
I was just looking at the map again and saw what you're talking about. I see the quickest way would be to hit the powerline road on down, cross 395 to Sherwin Creek.
I'm gonna have some new folks with me so it might be nice to do Owens River to Hot Creek then cross the 395. That way we can also check out the Hot Creek Canyon.

aaronjuarez

Aug 2, 2010
George, I cought you on the other thread and did not get a chance to reply. We will be up there at Sherwin Crekk, the place Ali was talking about. PM me your contact info and we can meet up for a ride. Last year we took a ride all the way from our campground to June lake. That was a nice ride but I would like to do a few others. Look forward to meeting you guys,
Aaron

RZRluvr

La Familia Baby!
Feb 21, 2011
Anaheim,CA
George, I cought you on the other thread and did not get a chance to reply. We will be up there at Sherwin Crekk, the place Ali was talking about. PM me your contact info and we can meet up for a ride. Last year we took a ride all the way from our campground to June lake. That was a nice ride but I would like to do a few others. Look forward to meeting you guys,
Aaron
Sounds great Aaron! I'll send ya my info:) Maybe we could swing by your camp on our way to Laurel Lakes and then you guys could swing by our camp on your way to Bald Mountain?

Transformer33

Da-Coach
Jan 30, 2011
Hey does anybody have kids thats going I have my 11 year old son just wondering we havent been able to make many trips this year but we are thinking about this one sounds awesome let me know if anibody else has kids going

RZRluvr

La Familia Baby!
Feb 21, 2011
Anaheim,CA
Hey does anybody have kids thats going I have my 11 year old son just wondering we havent been able to make many trips this year but we are thinking about this one sounds awesome let me know if anibody else has kids going
Hey Dan,
I do know that Dave will have Stumpy and maybe also Stumpy Jr with him. Plus I'm sure others will have children with them also:)
This is a family trip for sure and for all ages. There is so much to see and do, one could'nt see and do everything in a years worth of vacation.
This is Kathy and I's favorite place and it's a joy for us to expose our friends and family to such a beautiful area.
George

RZRluvr

La Familia Baby!
Feb 21, 2011
Anaheim,CA
Here are some more great pics of our travels in and around Mammoth:)

One of our campsites at Big Springs

Waterfall at Twin Lakes

Owens River

View from top of Mammoth Mtn.

Free Steak!

Or Venisen!

Or Chippy the Chipmonk:)

Part of the trail to Laurel Lakes

Laurel Lakes trail

One of the Laurel Lakes

My buddy Jim in his kayak

Kathy and I in our kayak

Beach Leo

Way-Good
Mar 6, 2011
Mt Shasta & Mt Diablo
WAY-GOOD PICS. THANKS FOR SHARING-EM:)...NOW AFTER SEEING AND READING ABOUT MAMMOTH....ITS ON MY BUCKET LIST...WE WILL PROLLY GO THERE THIS SEPT...WOULD LOVE TO GO THERE THIS 4TH OF JULY...BUT WE HAVE OUR BIG RIDE AND B.B.Q. GOING ON AGAIN THIS YEAR...SO FAR WE HAVE OVER A 100 COMING UP HERE:)

RZRluvr

La Familia Baby!
Feb 21, 2011
Anaheim,CA
WAY-GOOD PICS. THANKS FOR SHARING-EM:)...NOW AFTER SEEING AND READING ABOUT MAMMOTH....ITS ON MY BUCKET LIST...WE WILL PROLLY GO THERE THIS SEPT...WOULD LOVE TO GO THERE THIS 4TH OF JULY...BUT WE HAVE OUR BIG RIDE AND B.B.Q. GOING ON AGAIN THIS YEAR...SO FAR WE HAVE OVER A 100 COMING UP HERE:)

Wow Leo, you are gonna be busy:) For sure add Mammoth to the list, I'm sure like Shasta it is just Heaven!

RZRluvr

La Familia Baby!
Feb 21, 2011
Anaheim,CA
For those who may be wondering the town of Mammoth Lakes does put on a good fireworks shown the 4th:)
The shoot them off over Lake Crowley. The traffic gets pretty crazy down there so last year we took the RZRs to the top of Bald Mountain and watched them from there. It was pretty cool:)
The town of Mammoth Lakes has a good website with a list of all the events for the weekend, check it out! Mammoth Lakes California July 4th Celebration - AllMammoth.com

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000