2012 Arctic Cat Teaser

ktrent

Sep 14, 2009
Wow and to think i was about to pull the trigger on a new xp. Looks like i can wait until mid summer. I just can't figure why honda hasn't stepped up to the plate. I side by side that changed the game like the 86-89 250R (now that would be bad ass) hint hint.

rupert14

Raber Racing - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 14, 2010
Wow and to think i was about to pull the trigger on a new xp. Looks like i can wait until mid summer. I just can't figure why honda hasn't stepped up to the plate. I side by side that changed the game like the 86-89 250R (now that would be bad ass) hint hint.

Well, honda had a certain company that likes to make long travel etc for honda pilots build a car with a 1000cc watercraft motor and a gearbox that "could not be spoken about" for testing purposes. It was tested etc for about two years and supposedly honda will have a new two seat version of the pilot based on the 1000cc motor coming out this summer. Now this is all hearsay but I do know the company and based on what I have seen, it all makes sense. I hope it is true. The original Pilot was way ahead of it's time. It is still a fun machine to drive over 20 years later.

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
A very reputable source told me that Honda was testing a sport utv in Europe over 2 years ago. (Before the Big Red's release) I sure would like to see Honda come out with something similar to what we see here!

This new Arctic Cat looks incredible from these photos. If the quality is better than their current lineup, and its pushing 100 hp, we've got a serious game changer here folks. Cant wait to hear some solid info on this. Will it be a "Prowler"?

Xmotorcr

Dysfunctional Racing - UTVUnderground Team Driver
May 17, 2009
www.dysfunctionalracing.com
Well, honda had a certain company that likes to make long travel etc for honda pilots build a car with a 1000cc watercraft motor and a gearbox that "could not be spoken about" for testing purposes. It was tested etc for about two years and supposedly honda will have a new two seat version of the pilot based on the 1000cc motor coming out this summer. Now this is all hearsay but I do know the company and based on what I have seen, it all makes sense. I hope it is true. The original Pilot was way ahead of it's time. It is still a fun machine to drive over 20 years later.
A very reputable source told me that Honda was testing a sport utv in Europe over 2 years ago. (Before the Big Red's release) I sure would like to see Honda come out with something similar to what we see here!

This new Arctic Cat looks incredible from these photos. If the quality is better than their current lineup, and its pushing 100 hp, we've got a serious game changer here folks. Cant wait to hear some solid info on this. Will it be a "Prowler"?

i know the company you are talking about, i heard the same thing before the big red sled came out(2008) and at the the were saying it was coming out in 2012 so hopefully this is it.

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
Okay guys, going to try and swing something for everyone... How many of you are going to Moab in May for Rally On The Rocks?

If you would like to see the new Side X Side displayed at ROTR, contact your local dealers, have them contact their Territory/DSMs to put the word to Arctic Cat, "WE WANT TO SEE THE NEW MACHINE ON DISPLAY AT THE RALLY". Even if you aren't going, ask your dealers to pass on the word.

Arctic Cat is most likely going to have some presence at the Rally (decision is being made this week), so it would make sense to have the new machine there also. I've already put the idea to the marketing/special event folks at AC and one of the DSMs that covers that part of the US. They seem to like the idea, but if you all get the dealers responding, then it might just really happen....

Lets get the word out, we want to see this machine at the Rally... let Arctic Cat know, that they are going in the right direction, pursuing both the utility and sport market...

And even if you aren't a fan of Arctic Cat, contact your local AC dealers and let them know that pursuing the sport market will be healthy for all enthusiasts and we want to see the machine at the Rally. Competition breeds better machines... The sooner AC has this machine making the rounds, the sooner it'll push Kawasaki, Honda and Yamaha to get their sport machines going...

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

SXS Machine

Importer, wholesaler,
ENGINE
  • Displacement (cc): 951
  • Engine Type: V-Twin, SOHC, 4-stroke, 4-valve w/EFI HO
  • Bore & Stroke (mm): 92x71.6
  • Cooling System: Liquid with twin fan
  • Fuel Capacity (gal./liters): 9/34
  • Alternator Capacity (amps): 36
  • Speedometer: Analog
  • Odometer: Digital
POWERTRAIN
  • Transmission: Automatic CVT with EBS, Hi/Lo Range & Reverse
  • Drive System: 2/4 WD + Electric Diff Lock
  • Front Brakes: Hydraulic Disc
  • Rear Brake: Hydraulic Disc
SUSPENSION
  • Front Suspension: Double A-Arm
  • Front Travel (in./cm): 17/43.2
  • Rear Suspension: 5-Link Trailing Arm
  • Rear Travel (in./cm): 18/45.7
  • Front Tires: 26x9R14
  • Rear Tires: 26x11R14
COLOR
  • Black Metallic Paint, Arctic Green Metallic Paint
DIMENSIONS
  • Overall Length (in./cm): 120/304.8
  • Overall Width (in./cm): 64/162.6
  • Overall Height (in./cm): 65.8/167
  • Wheelbase (in./cm): 90/228.6
  • Ground Clearance (in./cm): 13/33
  • Dry Weight (lbs./kg): 1305/592
TOWING/HAULING
  • Rear Box Storage Capacity (lbs./kg): 300/136.1
  • Towing Capacity (lbs./kg): NA
  • Underhood/Side Storage Capacity (lbs./kg): NA
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Electronic Power Steering, Aluminum Rims, Paint, Tilt Steering, Compression Valve Adjustable Shocks, LED Headlights and Taillights

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000