2016 Yamaha Wolverine

UTVUGJake

Feb 11, 2013
What are everyones thoughts on the new Yamaha Wolverine?

Check out the specs and photos here:

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Another let down, nothing new at all. But I did hear Yamaha is to release the sport model in September from a pretty reliable source.

Kalop

XP900
May 3, 2013
Dear Yamaha,

You disgust me. You lie in your video advertising "long travel" suspension? Maybe on delusional planet of Yamaha. You lied about your "new category" ... unless "Turd" is a new category? Yamaha your dead to me. I've got to sell my VXR jet ski now... I'm embarrassed of the blue from one failed release to the next, year after year of disappointment.

Thank you Polaris, Can Am, and Arctic Cat for at least giving us a Sport UTV.

Sincerely,
Yama-Hater Class 2015

Reactions: Glamisfan

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
You guys DO realize that the pure sport segment of the UTV market is a small sliver on the big pie scale of UTV life, right? Even though we are the loudest segment, and we have more forums and more social media than the others, our market is still a minority. From my vantage point, I see Yamaha going after the largest segments first - which is just smart business. So, while the new Wolverine isn't what the sport market is looking for, it DOES fill a void for other segments.

When and if Yamaha decides to play in the pure Sport arena - for real - it will be fun to see what they come out with.

I like the Wolvie. I am looking forward to testing it out someday. I expect it to be everything I liked about the Rhino but with better suspension and throttle response. I don't expect it to be like my XP or SR1, but I think it will be a great machine for what it was designed for. :)

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Yamaha will never get love on this site until they compete with a sxs that is a pure sport machine like most members on this site own or are interested in. Yamaha already did the Viking, so what is a Wolverine?? Upscale Viking, I guess. I'm sure the Wolverine is getting praise over on the other forums geared towards trail riding. You cant blame the sport enthusiasts from continually getting disapointed, especially from a company that is known for fast bikes and quads......

As said before, I congratulate Polaris, CanAm and Arctic Cat for being pioneers and making bad ass sxs's. They have the balls to be different and exciting for us sport sxs nuts

If history repeats itself, I expect to see a 9 passenger Wolverine this summer with color matching wheels......

Sandman365

Booze Cruzin'
May 24, 2013
Escondido
It's a nice update for the Rhino, but claim a new category, put a new name on it and oversell its features makes it a bit of a let down, IMO.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
It is a sport hunting/woods SXS. I like it for what it is and I bet performance wise it will be much better than most expect.

It won't be long before someone puts a cage on it and long travel suspension.

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
You guys DO realize that the pure sport segment of the UTV market is a small sliver on the big pie scale of UTV life, right? Even though we are the loudest segment, and we have more forums and more social media than the others, our market is still a minority. From my vantage point, I see Yamaha going after the largest segments first - which is just smart business. So, while the new Wolverine isn't what the sport market is looking for, it DOES fill a void for other segments.

When and if Yamaha decides to play in the pure Sport arena - for real - it will be fun to see what they come out with.

I like the Wolvie. I am looking forward to testing it out someday. I expect it to be everything I liked about the Rhino but with better suspension and throttle response. I don't expect it to be like my XP or SR1, but I think it will be a great machine for what it was designed for. :)
On the pure sport side/hunter side did it wow me no still has single cylinder motor you need torque/storage and ground clearance.Plus it still runs a wet clutch. If it had 30" tires twin cyclinder motor and more storage with needle valve shocks or bottom out cups then I would be wowed. They did nothing to impress a hunter.

Sandman365

Booze Cruzin'
May 24, 2013
Escondido
You would think they would at least come in with something that competed with the other manufacturers in the Trail segment. Maybe a Wildcat Trail but its nowhere near a 900S or MavXxc.

Only leads me to believe that their Sport wont be on par for that segment either. Hope im wrong.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000