A King of Hammers inspired garage build

tech3sandcars

Tech3 Sandcars
Mar 10, 2009
Oregon
www.tech3sandcars.com
I'm with Jon, i think with the bigger tires and the weight of everything that the load is far greater on the motor and you may be lean. When it laid over and back fired which end did it come from? Intake backfire of exhaust. Also was the air cleaner off or modded?

cuflipn

KawiCrawler - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 16, 2010
St George UT
And I got the idea from a rock buggy!

Can wait to see this first hand.

Could you be running lean at WOT?
I don't think so I haven't changed anything on the tire motor setup for some time now... We tested it further and couldn't get it to do it again?? It could have been a air plentum leak I did go through and tighten everything after and now it wont do it...

Brett,

Good work but you know me, always wanting to throw in my 2 cents. Did you consider moving your light bar down to the front on that cross brace instead of on top of it. I think (just from the pictures) that mounted up there might be in your field of view (?)
I can see what you are talking about from the picture but it is all good from inside the car. I will have to make some custom mounts to get it lower and sitting between the shock hoops (this was the original idea and plan...). Oh and I always appreciate your input Reid!! :D

I'm with Jon, i think with the bigger tires and the weight of everything that the load is far greater on the motor and you may be lean. When it laid over and back fired which end did it come from? Intake backfire of exhaust. Also was the air cleaner off or modded?
No on the tires and load I have been running this setup for 2 years this was something I did while working on it... I think its fix now thank you for all the input.

cuflipn

Feb 16, 2010
St George UT
Update:

WOW!! I am very happy to say at around midnight last night me and my friends (Ed, Aaron) finished!!! my Teryx!! A BIG Thank you to everyone that took time off work and helped tirelessly I would not have been able to get it done without you!!

I am looking forward to showing everyone at KOH and getting all your comments as well as seeing how it does in the race.

We will try and get some video up later...

Cheers,

Brett

#8901 Racing for Krawl Ind.

Attachments

fundad

Jun 17, 2010
Hey Brett!
Where are the completed Bad Ass Crawl Industries modified Teryx pictures!

Want to give a shout out to Brett for working unbelievable hours on this build!!! He's done a great job and I can't wait to see how it performs at KOH. Also need to give a shout out to his wife Katie! Not once have I heard her complain or give Brett any grief about working a full time job and then spending every free second working on his Teryx. Just awesome!!!!!

Now go have fun and enjoy KOH!!!

megonzo

Jan 25, 2011
Cedar City, UT
update:

Well the 80/ 20 rule has never been more true!!

So with help from friends I have made some real progress this weekend.

Body panels done
Roof 90%
Fuel cell mounted (fitting leaking though...)
Engine shroud done (using some stock plastic to save time)
Rock windows done
Hood mounted done
Tail lights done (for now...)
Rigid light mounted done
Dash 90% done
Harness mounted done

Last night I ran it up and down my street (I'm sure my neighbors loved it LOL). Every thing seemed to work but if I gave it full throttle it would cut out and backfire??? not sure what that's all about.

I'm sure I have missed something but if I had to run tomorrow I think I have all the NEEDED stuff done :)

Cheers,
Brett
Check your fuel pressure.

WC_NDN

Sep 4, 2009
Just read this ENTIRE build thread, wow! incredible Teryx and top notch craftsmanship.

cuflipn

Feb 16, 2010
St George UT
Hey Brett!
Where are the completed Bad Ass Crawl Industries modified Teryx pictures!

Want to give a shout out to Brett for working unbelievable hours on this build!!! He's done a great job and I can't wait to see how it performs at KOH. Also need to give a shout out to his wife Katie! Not once have I heard her complain or give Brett any grief about working a full time job and then spending every free second working on his Teryx. Just awesome!!!!!

Now go have fun and enjoy KOH!!!
Yes how did I miss that??? You are right Aaron I have the BEST wife ever! Not only understanding but hot as hell :D. Oh she said thanks!

Yes know let the second wave of fun begin! KOH here we come!!

Just read this ENTIRE build thread, wow! incredible Teryx and top notch craftsmanship.
Thank you Lee, funny it all started with a broken axle in Moab last year... LOL I think it got out of control but with it all done I am very happy it did.

cuflipn

Feb 16, 2010
St George UT
so how did this bad mofo do in the hammers?
It did great!! Very happy for the first time out!!

Thanks,

Brett
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

cuflipn

Feb 16, 2010
St George UT
Would you make another a arm fixture for sell?
Hmmm :rolleyes: not sure about making fixtures... I could be talked into making A-arms though.

My 2cents, the fixture is the easy part! Getting all the cut and notched tube to fit and be correct is where the real work is.

Thanks

FabMan

Jan 9, 2010
Leslie, Mo.
Brett, your rig is my favorite utv. I was wondering what size wheels and tires you are running. At the riding area's here in Missouri, they are mostly rock crawling type trails so ground clearance will be an issue for me. Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000