Anybody running HiPer wheels?

scmo777

Jan 20, 2009
Brawley, CA
I know that keith (badinfluence) runs them, maybe he will chime in, as far as I know he loved em, very light and strong, if you have the $$$$$$$$$:eek:

OLET

Grabbin' Gears - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 9, 2009
Just curious if anyone is running Hiper wheels? Or if you have heard of anyone using them and how they like them?
I RUN THEM AND BROKE ONE AND THEY REPLACED IT FOR FREE!!! NO QUESTIONS ASKED!

badinfluencerace

The Future Of SXS Racing is being Built in my Driv
Jan 30, 2009
yuma
i have the 12in. single beadlocks and really like them , i think bob vanbeekum and austin kimbrell both run the 14in. dual beadlocks on there kick ass tyrexs :D:D

OLET

Grabbin' Gears - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 9, 2009
i have the 12in. single beadlocks and really like them , i think bob vanbeekum and austin kimbrell both run the 14in. dual beadlocks on there kick ass tyrexs :D:D
BOBBY TALKED ME INTO THE 14 AND I LOVE THEM! AND THE SAME RIM FITS WHATEVER YOU HAVE!

tyler

Parkse5 - UTVUnderground Approved
May 27, 2009
mission viejo
I run the 14in and love them plus you can mount them yourself cause they are duel beadlocks

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
I run the 14s and I hate them. Cant keep air in my tires wether its in a race or in my garage. Selling and going to 14 inch OMFs.

CSG

xc racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 13, 2009
Sulphur, La
factoryfmf, I am thinking of buying some 14" hipers so I am interested in your problem. Do you know where they are leaking from? Have you checked the o-ring on them?

AZCourt

AZ's Finest - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 11, 2009
There are sooooo many damn bolts on these things its amazing they dont all leak. The problem we have had more than any other is the aluminum bolts gauling and breaking off when removing them. The original installer of Justins wheels (befroe he bought the car) apparently didnt anti seize them or torque them properly. When we have to change a tire, we regularly have to drill out 8 to 10 bolts per wheel. Not Hypers fault, installer error as far as we can tell so far. Hyper has very good customer service, and seems to have a great racer support program as well.

For short corse racing where every ounce might be the difference these are the ticket, but for any type of endurance racing I would chose an aluminum beadlock from OMF or Beadlock Specialties.

KJSmith84

Banned Por Vida
Jan 15, 2009
somewhere up my own ...
There are sooooo many damn bolts on these things its amazing they dont all leak. The problem we have had more than any other is the aluminum bolts gauling and breaking off when removing them. The original installer of Justins wheels (befroe he bought the car) apparently didnt anti seize them or torque them properly. When we have to change a tire, we regularly have to drill out 8 to 10 bolts per wheel. Not Hypers fault, installer error as far as we can tell so far. Hyper has very good customer service, and seems to have a great racer support program as well.

For short corse racing where every ounce might be the difference these are the ticket, but for any type of endurance racing I would chose an aluminum beadlock from OMF or Beadlock Specialties.
so anti seize is a must? I dont think I put any on mine but then again I dont plan on changing tires much since they are my dune tires

facteryfmf

Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
with the inner ring being bolted together, it also gives one more way to get a flat/or have something go wrong. In desert racing, i want to minimize my opportunities to go wrong...

facteryfmf

Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
so anit seize is a must? I dont think I put any on mine but then again I dont plan on changing tires much since they are my dune tires

Yeah, better hope you dont get a flat tire. Its gonna become a nightmare...

Big Guy

Havasu Racer
Jun 16, 2009
lake havasu city
The reason why Im asking is because I got a sponsorship offer from them. All my riding and racing is in the desert, from what Im hearing here is they might not be good for the desert?

CSG

xc racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 13, 2009
Sulphur, La
All the top quad woods racers use & like the hipers so I believe that with proper assembly & care they are good wheels atleast on atv's. Not sure about how that relates to the weight of an UTV though.

facteryfmf

Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
All the bolts seem to come loose on mine after/during a desert race but who knows. Maybe I really am a rahtard.

ZTFab

Zero Tolerance Fabrication - Official UTVUndergrou
Mar 25, 2009
Upland, ca
The last two RZR's that I have built are equipped with HiPer wheels. One with the 14's and one with the 12's.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000