Avid Racing Maverick Max Build

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
It looks like the guys didn't get enough time tuning the engine. They had to pull out of the race early
Sorry to hear it guys. Even though I rape on you, I never find happiness in someone elses hardships. Did you at least get some real time miles in before expiring? Better now, than the start of next season.

AReed

Oct 2, 2012
I wasn't out there to race with them this time Reid. I have no idea how many miles they got on it during the race but I can't imagine it being too many

mearsman

Nov 2, 2011
I wonder what the strategically placed monster can is for? Is it an overflow catch can?

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
I like the out of the box thinking and I hope they do well.

I still wonder if they have fueled the car in race conditions, and how did it go? I'm also curious what this car weighs on the scales? With the added extras like built in jacks, lots of aluminum, compartment doors & lights galore, I'm thinking this cars is on the heavier side. I like the duel spare tires setup for Baja, but I'm not a fan of how the spares are mounted using lug nuts. That will slow a tire change down dramatically.

Do we know what Team Avid's race schedule will be in 2015?

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
C'mon guys, play by the rules. Looks like the rear bump steer kicked your arse.

I may still draw with crayons, but this is as big of a red flag as I have seen in some time.

Attachments

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
C'mon guys, play by the rules. Looks like the rear bump steer kicked your arse.

I may still draw with crayons, but this is as big of a red flag as I have seen in some time.
Reid I don't know Can Am suspension points, but I'm assuming your saying they moved thier inner rear link pivot points?

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
Reid I don't know Can Am suspension points, but I'm assuming your saying they moved thier inner rear link pivot points?
By a mile. They should be located in front of the axles after stretching the rear. The stock pivot location is in line with the rear most a arm pivots. In fact, they share the same bracket. I worked hard to make ours work in the stock location. Unless SCORE and BITD approved this layout prior to fabtime, there may be rough waters ahead for Avid's new car.

Consider this a favor guys. I could have waited til the first race and protested, but I want you to lose fair and square:confused:.! I know, I'm an evil bastard. This is why an "assmav" is so bad............

Attachments

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Wow! Not even close. Not only is it on the wrong side of the axle, but both sides look mounted much closer together. I believe this car already raced one BITD race. I would suspect BITD Tech has inspected this car and would have seen such a blatant change in the rear suspension pivot point. Plus since the Tech Director races this same manufacture, he should know this model very well.

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
Wow! Not even close. I believe this car already raced one BITD race. I would suspect BITD Tech has inspected this car and would have seen such a blatant change in the rear suspension pivot point. Plus since the Tech Director races this same manufacture, he should know this model very well.
And perhaps it has been approved. I just want to make sure they are in the field, and legal.

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Changing the tie rod mounting in the front is ok so I see no reason this should be an issue.

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
Changing the tie rod mounting in the front is ok so I see no reason this should be an issue.[It is a fixed pivot link, not a dynamic steering link. The rules say that all suspension pivoting points must remain stock.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000