BITD racing questions

Cumpy

Feb 7, 2015
I have some questions for you guys that race in the BITD series. My biggest problem is that I live in Kansas City, Missouri. Not too many people from here are racing in the desert. Getting out there for a race would be the easy part for me. I'm fairly young and semi retired with plenty of time to go to the races.
Without a team to help me at pits, am I just SOL? Being a younger guy, my friends still work and can't get away for a week at time to go racing. Do any of you guys have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!

Cumpy

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
You can either team up with some of the teams possibly or a last resort there are services offered by Baja pits or I believe Robby Gordon Motorsports now that are paid

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Most of the races really only require maybe a thursday and friday off. With your exception of travel time. As mentioned teaming up with another team could be a possibility.

BrianReno

Aug 19, 2012
Reno, NV
The logistics for the V2R is where you get into the issues. The other races teaming up with other teams shouldn't be an issue but V2R you'll need your own dedicated crew for that one.

mearsman

Nov 2, 2011
I'd look into baja pits. It seems the most logical choice at this point for you

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
Baja pits great for fuel but for point to point need your own chase truck or enough tires to drop w baja pits and spare parts on the car and just go for it. If I was going to do that I'd want to know my car inside and out and start with a fresh car. Otherwise you improvise when u get to the next pit......throw yourself on the mercy of whoever you can find. If you run a Polaris 1000 then your chances of getting parts help are better. Teams come from are Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi and elsewhere.

SimsMotorsports

Factory Polaris #1913
Feb 1, 2009
Prescott Valley
I have some questions for you guys that race in the BITD series. My biggest problem is that I live in Kansas City, Missouri. Not too many people from here are racing in the desert. Getting out there for a race would be the easy part for me. I'm fairly young and semi retired with plenty of time to go to the races.
Without a team to help me at pits, am I just SOL? Being a younger guy, my friends still work and can't get away for a week at time to go racing. Do any of you guys have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!

Cumpy

I have been kicking around the idea of building, prepping, storing, transporting race cars to the races and having them be apart of my team. Or any of the above in no particular order. I feel there is a need for that and it would be a great way for individuals like yourself to arrive and race.......

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000