Black Rhino Driver Michael Gonzales gets his first win driving the Black Rhino #626

BlackRhinoSteven

Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Feb 27, 2012
So Cal
www.blackrhinoperformance.com
Marketing For
BlackRhino/Paramount Motorsports
Tel.: 951-805-1017
Email: [email protected]
www.blackrhinoperformance.com
www.ParamountMotorsports.com

Black Rhino driver MICHAEL GONZALES GETS HIS FIRST WIN DRIVING THE BLACK RHINO #626 IN “THE DIRTSERIES”

08/22/12 El Cajon, CA – The weekend didn’t exactly start as he plannedbut in the end Michael Gonzales took home the win! This race weekend was alsothe first time he raced in both the UTV and Quad classes in The Dirt Series.
While loading the Black Rhino#626 Friday night into the fifth wheel it was noticed that the frame wasbreaking apart on both sides. Gonzales figured he would go ahead and run itanyway for the points since it was too late to do anything. During Saturday’s practiceGonzales didn't want to push the #626. When he came off the track he parked itand switched to practice on his quad. While he was out practicing on the quad,the Area 51 crew came over to Gonzales’ pit and was checking out the break inthe frame. It was then that 4 or 5 more spots were found that were literatelysheared off. “Michael was hearing thisas he was practicing. The crew from Area 51 immediately said they would bringtheir welder back in the morning and help weld it back together. That's what welove about other UTV racers. They are there in a heartbeat to help each otherout without blinking an eye. One of our other sponsors Anthony Martin fromTriumph Motorsports was willing to help that evening but we didn't have awelder, so again someone else willing to help”, Michael’s mother Lisa recalled.

At 8:00 AM Sunday morning, theGorman Family from team Area 51 showed up as promised with their welder andsome metal and welded up all of the spots on the frame. Thanks to their help,the Black Rhino #626 was ready to race.In Moto 1, Gonzales got thehole shot and beat out four other ISA 850 Prod. SxS in the class above him (The#626 is a ISA 700 Prod.). He continued to lead the pack and took 1stplace. Gonzales said it was hissmoothest race ever. In between his two UTV motos, Gonzales raced his quad forfun and had a second place finish. “I’m so proud of Michael, he ran a good smoothrace; to beat out several 850 enginesfor the hole shot and stay in front of them the entire race when he is in a 700engine, it’s awesome. “ Gonzales’ dad Marco said.Gonzales says he is “itching toget into a bigger engine or change it up and race other race vehicles. The onlyway to learn is to get out there and push yourself and race against bigger andfaster racers”. “I can’t thank the guys from Area 51enough. If it wasn't for them I wouldn’thave raced at all let alone walk away with a 1<SUP>st</SUP> place finish! Thankyou to my mom and dad for their continued InMoto 2, it was déjà-vu; Gonzales once again took the hole shot and again beatout that group to take away the win for the weekend. “The Black Rhino #626 justglided over the jumps, it ran great!” said Gonzales.

“I’m so proud of Michael, he ran a good smoothrace; to beat out several 850 enginesfor the hole shot and stay in front of them the entire race when he is in a 700engine, it’s awesome. “ Gonzales’ dad Marco said.

Gonzales says he is “itching toget into a bigger engine or change it up and race other race vehicles. The onlyway to learn is to get out there and push yourself and race against bigger andfaster racers”.
“I can’t thank the guys from Area 51enough. If it wasn't for them I wouldn’thave raced at all let alone walk away with a 1<SUP>st</SUP> place finish! Thankyou to my mom and dad for their continued
support and for my friends whoalways come out to watch me race. Thank you to the best sponsors: Black Rhino,Ernie the Attorney, Ed the Suspension Guy, Triumph Motorsports, Richard Cota& ASAP Powersports, Mitch’s Automotive, Ryan Dow from Dow Hydraulics, AlbaMotors and my family” Gonzales said.

MICHAEL GONZALES

To understand Michael’s passionyou have to know the history behind it. Michael’s sister and brother, Amandaand Jacob, were killed in a UTV accident in Glamis in November of 2007. Michael, just 11 years old at the time, waswitness to the accident and helped to pull his siblings out and watch asbystanders performed CPR until the medics arrived. The UTV he now racesis his siblings old Rhino.
Gonzales, who was 2<SUP>nd</SUP>in Championship Points in the WORCS 700 Series in 2010, races the #626 in “The Dirt Series” UTV class.

BLACK RHINO

At Black Rhino Inc. we have apassion for Side X Sides that is unmatched by anyone in our industry. We offertons of products for ALL Side X Sides and a full showroom and website for yourshopping convenience. We have a full service and installation center, anon-site fabricator, and a sales staff that is ready to help make yourdream Side X Side a reality. Visit us today at 9303 Bond Ave. El Cajon, Ca.92021 or log onto our website at www.blackrhinoperformance.com. You can also visit them onFacebook at www.facebook.com/BlackRhinoFanPage.

Black Rhino: Setting the trend for today's EXTREME Side X Sides.

Drivers needing help with logistics or more infocan contact Kenny Osborn at 619-561-5000 or email him at [email protected] .
For moreinformation, please contact Papaian Enterprises, Marketing for Black Rhino at 951-805-1017or email [email protected] .

# # #

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000