Black Star Racing Commander builds

MossMan

Jun 26, 2010
We picked up the first Commander X a couple weeks ago and took it for a spin. There's another one coming any day now but we needed to go ahead and start. From break in to tear down. It's time (or past time) to start the race prep. The first thing on the list will be new roll cages. So we've gotten all the stock cage off and will start bending tube.

MouseTrap

Jan 18, 2012
IL
Cant wait for future updates and pics. Looking to get some ideas on my own Commander 1000 X buildup.

MossMan

Jun 26, 2010
Firing up BendTech tonight to put the design in hard copy and then hopefully start bending tube tomorrow.

The plans for now will be the cage, PRP suspension seats, Pro Armor doors, Pro Armor harnesses, LED light bars, and some light engine mods. We are aiming to have that done before the first UTV Rally Raid race on March 3.

MossMan

Jun 26, 2010
So who's got the hookup for weld in bungs and tabs. I've been searching not having a whole lotta luck. I know I've seen these parts everywhere but now that I'm ready to order specific pieces I'm having trouble tracking them down; specifically the bungs.

We're going to be using 1.75" x .120 wall and 1.5" x .120 wall tubing.

MossMan

Jun 26, 2010
Thanks for the link. I'm checking the site out now and it looks like they have most everything we need. I'm going call and find out for sure. I also just talked to PolyPerformance and it looks like they might be able to fix us up too. I was going to shoot for using the existing cage mounts on the Commander and just get new bungs for the cage but now I'm not sure that's going to work. The clamps that Kartek and PP have require a pair at each mounting point.

We'll be racing the UTV Rally Raid series in AL and the GNCC circuit. That will take us through most of the year and then we'll head to the Baja 1000 in November. So we've got plenty work to do and being SCORE compliant will is a goal.

I read your thread about the Avid Racing buildup and story. That's a great read and really stoked the fire. :D We can't wait to get out west and do some racing.

Cityrat

May 20, 2011
Mt Wash
How tall are you guys?..The cage looks clean,but would have liked to see it brought down a couple of inches.Bring your center of gravity down and looks alot cleaner. I have a commander also so keep the pics coming and good luck. Ill look for you down in Baja.

MouseTrap

Jan 18, 2012
IL
How tall are you guys?..The cage looks clean,but would have liked to see it brought down a couple of inches.Bring your center of gravity down and looks alot cleaner. I have a commander also so keep the pics coming and good luck. Ill look for you down in Baja.
Looks good but can't help but to think it looks even taller than the stock cage???

MossMan

Jun 26, 2010
Yep. Black Star is Trey and Cameron's team and their brother Steve and I are racing UTVs with them this year.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000