Bonneville Off-Road 2011 UTV/Mini Buggy class definitions and rules.

deviant_illusion

go to the UTVUnderground where there is cool SHIAT
Feb 4, 2009
WVC, UT

2011 Bonneville Off-Road UTV Class Definition and Rules

UTV Sportsman Stock Class Under 750 cc

Class Notes

Maximum engine size 750cc
All UTV’s in this class must have originally come from the factory with 4 wheel drive and a bed. Two seats positioned side by side are required. Seating for more is allowed.
Maximum occupants are one driver and one passenger.

Competition Regulations

This is a sportsman class and may/will run less miles in a race then other pro UTV classes.

Safety Equipment

4 point harnesses is required for all occupants. 5 point harnesses are highly recommended for your
safety.
Full factory Roll Cage
ABC type fire extinguisher on board (1)2.5lbs external min
First aid kit on board
Side doors or nets are not required but highly recommended for your safety.
If UTV was equipped with side nets or doors from the factory they must be in place.
All occupants must wear full protective clothing to include at least a SNELL approved helmet, goggles, gloves. All other clothing must provide full coverage.

Suspension Components

Suspension parts may be strengthened, reinforced, or replaced but must remain OEM or OEM
Replacement parts.
Pivot points must remain in stock location.
Mounting points may be strengthened. Ball joints and bushings are open to any manufacture.
Shock location must remain in stock location.
Wheelbase must remain stock.
Aftermarket Shock Absorbers may be used as long as they mount to stock locations.
Bolt on Suspension kits may be used as long as the mount in factory locations including shocks.

Wheels and Tires

Maximum tire size is 28â€.
Aftermarket wheels of any backspacing may be used.
Wheel spacers are not permitted unless equipped from the factory. (Yamaha Rhino Rear)

Lights

Factory tail and brake lights must function.

Engine, Transmission and Driveline

Maximum engine size of 750cc
Engine must remain stock other then aftermarket ignition system and aftermarket exhaust will be allowed.
Transmission and differential gear must remain stock
Clutch is open to new springs and weights only.

Steering and Brake Components

Power steering is not allowed unless it came from the factory.
Power or vacuum assist brakes are not allowed

UTV Modified B Class Under 850 cc

Class Notes

All UTV’s in this class must have originally come from the factory with 4 wheel drive and a bed Two seats positioned side by side are required. Seating for more is allowed. Maximum occupants are one driver and one passenger unless it came with a more seats factory (a.i. Razor 4)

Competition Regulations

This is a modified class and all items will be open unless it says otherwise in these class rules.

Safety Equipment

4 point harnesses is required for all occupants. 5 point harnesses are highly recommended for your
safety.
4 wheel drive does not have to operate
Full factory Roll Cage
ABC type fire extinguisher on board (1)2.5 lbs ABC
First aid kit on board
Side doors are required.
Window nets are required.
All occupants must wear full protective clothing to include at least a SNELL approved helmet, goggles,
gloves. All other clothing must provide full coverage.

Suspension Components

Pivot points must remain in stock location.
Track width may not be increased by more than 8†per side for a total of 16†wider than stock. This is
measured at the wheel mounting surface. Or may not exceed 75†total track width.
Wheelbase may not be increased by more than 2†per axle for a total of 4†longer then stock.
Only one shock per wheel is allowed.
No external bypass shocks
No secondary suspension allowed.

Wheels and Tires

Maximum tire size is 28â€
Wheel spacers are not permitted

Lights

Must have tail and brake lights

Maximum engine size of 850cc
Motor must be of same manufacture as UTV
Must use stock center cases
No turbo or superchargers allowed
The only motor swap allowed is Brute Force 750cc or Rotax 800cc

Power steering is not allowed unless it came from the factory stock.

UTV A Open class Under 1300cc

Competition Regulations

This is an open class and all items will be open unless it says otherwise in these class rules. This class is for mini buggy and big cc SxS and full race SxS.

Safety Equipment

5 point harnesses are required for all occupants.
Full Race Roll Cage or Modified full factory cage to tech inspectors approval
ABC type fire extinguisher on board
First aid kit on board
Side doors are required
Window nets are required
All occupants must wear full protective clothing to include at least a SNELL approved helmet, goggles,
gloves. All other clothing must provide full coverage

Frame

Custom Frames are allowed as long as the BOR inspector deems it safe

Suspension Components

Front and rear suspension must be independent.
Only one shock per wheel is allowed.
No secondary suspension allowed.
Maximum Track Width 75â€
Maximum Wheelbase 95â€

Wheels and Tires

Maximum tire size is 30â€

Lights

Must have tail and brake lights

No turbo or superchargers allowed
Engine must originally have come from a UTV, ATV, Snowmobile, On or Off-road motorcycle
Automotive car and truck engines are not allowed unless it came stock from factory.
Two Cycle engines are not allowed. Maximum engine size 1300cc
Reverse not required

Power steering is not allowed unless factory installed
Must have Front Brakes
Must have minimum one rear brake. (Single driveline brake is allowed.)

Fuel System

Safety fuel cells are not required but very highly recommended.

If it is deemed at any time to be unsafe because of speed, more safety will be required to protect the occupants. This includes fire suits, fuel cells and full race cage.

At any time a vehicle is deemed to dominate it can and will be limited by air intake restrictor plate or by any means determined by BOR.

turbotexas

Jan 22, 2011
in the mini-buggy class why are you not allowing 2 strokes? Very few optios for a 4 stroke sled motor...
I love the smell of a 2 stroke in the morning ;0)

deviant_illusion

Feb 4, 2009
WVC, UT
in the mini-buggy class why are you not allowing 2 strokes? Very few optios for a 4 stroke sled motor...
I love the smell of a 2 stroke in the morning ;0)
If your asking because you want to race with BOR then PM me and I will talk with the Owner and Safety tech inspector. Im sure we can change the rules to allow existing buggies with two strokes to race.

If your asking because you own a two stroke and your just curious then.
They are loud (BLM noise restrictions in some of the race areas)
They pollute
In a desert race they generally require more fuel stops meaning more non racers on the course.

turbotexas

Jan 22, 2011
pm sent! Yes I would like to race if my job takes me out your way!
great points especially the fuel stops... depending on terrain etc I can get 35-45 miles a tank...
TY

If your asking because you want to race with BOR then PM me and I will talk with the Owner and Safety tech inspector. Im sure we can change the rules to allow existing buggies with two strokes to race.

They pollute
In a desert race they generally require more fuel stops meaning more non racers on the course.

turbotexas

Jan 22, 2011
great points especially the fuel stops... depending on terrain etc I can get 35-45 miles a tank...
TY

They pollute

deviant_illusion

Feb 4, 2009
WVC, UT
TY
Responded. We would love to see more mini buggies so if you can make it I will make it happen.

2011 Schedule

April 9th - UTV /ATV / Motorcycles .
This event will be co-Sponsored by the Sageriders M/C club. It also is a AMA national HARE-n-HOUND for the motorcycles and a 2 loop event for the quads and Side x sides. It will be around the Little Sahara sand dunes and Cherry Creek areas. It will be rougher with more whoops and less roads than a typical race at Wendover or Jackpot. There is no AMA fee for quads or SxSs this year! THIS WILL BE AN EPIC RACE FOR THE UTV GUYS! Little Sahara area has some of the funnest trails. This is the race you don't want to miss!

May 28th at Wendover NV
At present we have submitted a 124 mile loop that will start in the same place (7 miles south of Wendover NV)- the car/truck group will run 2 or 3 loops depending on class. The Bikes/Quads/atvs will run one loop plus having their own seperate loop to get mileage

July 9th at Jackpot NV
This will be a lot of the same course as past but the loop should be in the 60-70 mile range. We still (at the present time) have the daylight limitation so we will run the loops accordingly.

Sept 3rd at Ely NV
This will be the same Ely location as in years past. 250 miles.

October 15th - Poker ride - Wendover NV.(tent)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000