Burnett Signs With Polaris - UTVUnderground Exclusive

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

You read it right, your 2014 SCORE Pro UTV Champion, Marc Burnett, is making the jump from Can-Am to Polaris for the 2015 season. The announcement, which broke onThanksgiving Day here on UTVUnderground.com, is arguably the biggest racing news to come out of our sport in some time. Burnett is a hot topic of conversation on UTVUnderground.com, the forum is always buzzing with discussion about him and crew chief Reid Johnson. Johnson has been vocal in the efforts, successes and struggles of the Marc Burnett Motorsports program which has brought on both praise and criticism amongst the UTV race community.

I had the chance to speak with Marc prior to the Baja 1000 in confidence about the change. While he remained grateful and respectful towards Can-Am, competing until the very end, he was still very excited to be heading to Polaris and joining their factory race program.

“I have enjoyed my time racing as part of the Can-Am Team. Our team put in a lot of effort the past 2 seasons which culminated in the 2014 Championship at SCORE. We are grateful for all that Can-Am did for the MB Motorsports program but we are extremely excited to be joining the Polaris RZR Factory Racing Team. Its obvious to us that Polaris has the dominant platform combined with the sports best factory support program. We couldn’t be more excited to see just how the 2015 season unfolds.†– Marc Burnett // MB Motorsports

READ MORE - CLICK HERE

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
A prediction. ..... Mint 200....70+ utv's....the guy that gets the last draw has no chance

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
I'll miss rooting for a underdog. It will be nice though to see the playing field even. I can wait to see how the next season plays out.

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
I'm very surprised this was announced prior the Score Awards Banquit. Many times when sponsors are involved you can't speak about until the season is over. Some look at the season as the last race, and some look at it as award ceremonies or calendar year.

Either way it will be interesting to see how they do in Polaris equipment and on equal ground with the other Polaris teams. But it's sad to see and hear so many teams switching to Polaris. The field was already tilted in Polaris favor, now their is less running in competing manufactures equipment.

Desert Toyz Cory S

DeSeRt ToYz RhInO - UTVUnderground Approved
Aug 23, 2009
I'm very confident there will be a lot of "Kleenex" tissues needed for team Polaris during the 2015 season. I have requested a sponsorship from Kleenex so I will have plenty on hand!! :) it's going to be a great year!! Happy Thanksgiving to all UTV racers!! I pray we all have a great day!!

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
I'm very confident there will be a lot of "Kleenex" tissues needed for team Polaris during the 2015 season. I have requested a sponsorship from Kleenex so I will have plenty on hand!! :) it's going to be a great year!! Happy Thanksgiving to all UTV racers!! I pray we all have a great day!!
2 more wheels would have helped you more than 20 more HP

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
Conversely, Marc got a Kotex sponsorship so he can hand them out to all you ladies before the green flag!:D

Glamisfan

Oct 26, 2009
imperial valley
Oh nooooooo. .....leaving Can Am! Oh well, at least they got one championship! Good luck to Marc! And I can't wait to see what baddass builds next!!!!!!!!!

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
Oh nooooooo. .....leaving Can Am! Oh well, at least they got one championship! Good luck to Marc! And I can't wait to see what baddass builds next!!!!!!!!!
Hey GF! Long time no post. I'm dying to trophy truck those Polaris trailing arms, but I won't be involved in building the first chassis. There is not enough time for me to wrap my head around the Polaris suspension. Instead, I will be acting more as a project manager, and am having 3 different vendors do the dirty work. We should get the rolling chassis back in a few weeks, then it's hump time for me to personalize the cockpit and do some final touch up fab work, then prep, and hopefully, a couple of days, or 500 miles worth of testing and clutch tuning before the Parker race in early January. We really wanted to stick with Can-am, but it wasn't practical. So, it's Polaris Schlomaris for us. A well designed platform to build from for sure. And clutching? No problema! Marc's complaints about a low top speed should be a thing of the past. He'll be lost not changing belts every 200 miles. Looks like we'll need a bigger front bumper.:rolleyes: (and some more room on the mantle!)

PickupTrucker

Dec 20, 2013
Duvall, Washington
Hey GF! Long time no post. I'm dying to trophy truck those Polaris trailing arms, but I won't be involved in building the first chassis. There is not enough time for me to wrap my head around the Polaris suspension. Instead, I will be acting more as a project manager, and am having 3 different vendors do the dirty work. We should get the rolling chassis back in a few weeks, then it's hump time for me to personalize the cockpit and do some final touch up fab work, then prep, and hopefully, a couple of days, or 500 miles worth of testing and clutch tuning before the Parker race in early January. We really wanted to stick with Can-am, but it wasn't practical. So, it's Polaris Schlomaris for us. A well designed platform to build from for sure. And clutching? No problema! Marc's complaints about a low top speed should be a thing of the past. He'll be lost not changing belts every 200 miles. Looks like we'll need a bigger front bumper.:rolleyes: (and some more room on the mantle!)

well Im glad the boasting hasn't slowed down any haha

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000