Calling all UTV racers!!!

cwspfx

Drive fast...take chances
May 9, 2010
Valencia, CA
I have new google earth files if needed ... just got this!!

UPDATE ON THE SUPERCOURSE #3 COURSE!!!

WE just got back from marking the entire 10.6-mile Super-C #3 course. It's terrific and you'll have fun.

However, we've made some changes to the course we originally posted. They are reflected on the attached Google Earth files (kml & kmz).

Please download the file(s) and see for yourself. This is the course and alternate (options), where all the ribbons, arrows and signs have been placed as of today.

Later today the course will also be posted on our website: Alta Vista Events - Official Site - California City, California, USA

Enjoy.

See you Friday (pre-run from 12 Noon until 6 p.m.--Registration & Check-in from 6 p.m. until 9 p.m. at the Start/Finish),or Saturday morning. Remember, the Super-C starts at 9 a.m. and it's a two-hour technical course (with options) so that everyone can make it around.

Lou

cwspfx

May 9, 2010
Valencia, CA
Great turn out ... had a BALST ... not sure about the "Le Mans Start" ... what train wreck!!!

but still got a F-N DNF ... but the laps we did get were TO MUCH FUN!!

cwspfx

May 9, 2010
Valencia, CA
Man I wish I could ... but I have no clue as to what the finish standings are? I think they check the IRC tracking first and then post the results.

I think ... there were 11 or 12 that started ... and 3 or 4 finished ...LOL The "Le Mans Start" ... what train wreck!!! I am really surprised the was a bunch waded up in the dust storm that soon followed the pack.

He did say if we get 10+ on the next night race ... he will make a UTV specific coarse for us ... and not a Moto/Quad coarse that UTV get to race on. It was and is a very fun group of people ... more so this time!! I had a blast pre running ... and a F_N great time on the laps I did get in the race!!

canam craig

Jan 14, 2011
Just got back from Cal City Super Course race. Pretty cool deal, old school style, desert racing and cheap entry fee. The trackers were included in the $125 entry fee, no BS extra charges.

I was running clean in 2nd place then I got a flat tire. Dropped down to 4th place, got tire changed, back on it, found a big rock with drivers front wheel. I broke the rack, done for the day. All in all, had a good time. It was a challenging course and a good turnout 10+ cars. We need to sign up for Alta Vista Events races. He is open to suggestions on how to set these races setup fairly for UTV racing, cc etc. He also said if we get enough entries, he will give us a cars only course, no bikes or quads.

cwspfx

May 9, 2010
Valencia, CA
got this from Lou ...

As I mentioned to several racers yesterday, we want to improve the rules for you to race with us. We have discussed these with Sal Fish, Paul Fish, Casey Folks and several others, and they don't seem to come to a mutually agreeable set of rules. So we are asking you and others to give us some ideas what would work best FOR EVERYONE. We don't wish for anyone to make wholesale changes to their equipment just to race with us.

Therefore, yours and others' input will be beneficial to us to make better rules regarding, equipment, and classes.

Lastly, we are really excited about our next event (August 5-6 - Night race).

If we can be sure or have at least 12 entries in the UTV Class, Lois and I will set up your own SuperCourse, racing separately from MCs and Quads. However, we need to know for sure that as many are coming. It would not be good to see 5 or 6 UTVs racing for 2 hours with no one else on the course...Boring!

Thanks again for your terrific input.

Lou

rockstarcustomz

RoCkStAr CuStOm MoToRsPoRtS - UTVUnderground Appro
Sep 16, 2009
Lake Havasu City, AZ
View attachment 4743

View attachment 4744

View attachment 4745

View attachment 4746

View attachment 4747We had a great time! It was a great track and the organization were super cool. We Think we finished 1rst in class and 4th overall. Thanks to our tire sponsor GBC tires we did not have any flats! I think we were only 1 of 2 that didn't have a tire issue. We had no real issues at all, just need to do a little clutch adjustments and work on the shocks. It was a good shake down for the car and we will be back to Cal City for sure! Here are a few photos my son took.

Attachments

rockstarcustomz

Sep 16, 2009
Lake Havasu City, AZ

Attachments

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
i dont think the lemans start was a good idea either because of the dust. If the first mile was watered then i think it would be fine. That course was really tight, technical and rocky which made it really dangerous to drive in the dust. I got to a point where i couldnt see and ended up off coarse in a rock gully which took us out in the first 2 miles of the race unfortunately. i should have either rode the bumper of the guy in front of me or hung back even further for that first lap, oh well, learning for next time!

Big Guy

Havasu Racer
Jun 16, 2009
lake havasu city
View attachment 4743

View attachment 4744

View attachment 4745

View attachment 4746

View attachment 4747We had a great time! It was a great track and the organization were super cool. We Think we finished 1rst in class and 4th overall. Thanks to our tire sponsor GBC tires we did not have any flats! I think we were only 1 of 2 that didn't have a tire issue. We had no real issues at all, just need to do a little clutch adjustments and work on the shocks. It was a good shake down for the car and we will be back to Cal City for sure! Here are a few photos my son took.
Congratulations!!! How did you like the new car??? Are you guys going down in Sept. for the night race??? It sounds like the terraine is tight and rough?? I have allways wanted to do a night race! How long is the drive down there??

rockstarcustomz

Sep 16, 2009
Lake Havasu City, AZ
Congratulations!!! How did you like the new car??? Are you guys going down in Sept. for the night race??? It sounds like the terraine is tight and rough?? I have allways wanted to do a night race! How long is the drive down there??
It was very technical and rough with a couple of nice wide open spots. It took about 4 hours pulling a trailer. Not sure about the night race. If we go, Eric will race. I can't see well at night;)! If not we will attend another of their evnts. It was pretty awesom. The start was a little tough. Eric told me to just hang back and let them all go and we would catch up after they drove their wheels off! It was awesome that so many showed up to play. Sorry so many had issues but that's racing!

Apr 11, 2011
Santa Clarita
I think Im going to the night race...warm night sounds sweet..I just picked up a Teryx for Worcs next year, so maybe that or my current Rhino or maybe my wife rzr with the big stereo and sub woofer.

I didnt race this one because all I had were Carlisle 489s, sounds like I would have shreded all 4

I also just got a 32" led bar from Alba so we will see how it performs.

cwspfx

May 9, 2010
Valencia, CA
result are up .... MotoTally > Alta Vista Events - SuperCourse Series > Race Results

1 217 PHILLIP MARTIN
POL
24:35 (1) 48:23 (2) 1:10:36 (1) 1:33:36 (1) 1:56:46 (1) 2:21:01 (1)

2 216 KEENAN ROGERSON
POL
24:57 (2) 47:41 (1) 1:15:32 (2) 1:42:49 (2) 2:03:45 (2)

3 207 LACRECIA BEURRIER
POL
28:29 (5) 57:04 (3) 1:24:55 (3) 1:53:24 (3) 2:22:14 (3)

4 206 RENEE HUDSON
KAW
28:16 (4) 1:01:07 (4) 1:29:03 (4) 1:56:44 (4) 2:24:57 (4)

5 209 CHRIS WARD
POL
25:38 (3)

DNF 214 JUSTIN LAMBERT
KAW

FELLOW RACERS​

Firstly, let us say thank you to all who participated. It was a great event, no one got hurt and for the most part all of you did very well staying on the course.

Secondly, we have posted the IRC Tracking data on our website (Alta Vista Events - Official Site - California City, California, USA) and added a few comments. No penalties have been issued yet, so if you would like to discuss the possibilities of you getting one, as per our notes, contact us via e-mail and we will try to answer your concerns.

The results should be up this afternoon or early this evening.

As always you have 10 days from today before the results become "official." Therefore, if you have questions about the results, the spelling of your name, or anything else, please contact us immediately before the ten days are up. Once the results become official they will stay as such.

You will notice that the results for SuperCourse #3 look completely different than previously posted results. The reason? Our racing program that we have used FOR THE PAST 27 YEARS, CRASHED BIG TIME! Actually the old Paradox2 written in DOS worked very well all these years, and worked well this past weekend, except that after we scored the entire race we could not get a printout or be able to copy and transfer it to another program. These results should have been up Sunday night. But we scrambled all day Sunday and yesterday and found a new program to use, thanks to Moto-Tally. From now on, we will be using the new program. It could have been worst but we were able to obtain the raw data and re-run the race. The results on our web reflect the work done. To those of you who called about the results; thanks for your patience.

They say when everything looks hopeless, something opens up and makes it better. We think that with this new program, we will be able to expand our horizons to make the results even better. At this time, we just wanted to get the results out as soon as possible, so that's what we did. However, as we understand it, this program has a lot of nice features which we will possibly use. Some of them are:

· Auto scoring

· Live scoring

· Real time information as to the conduct of the race via either your cell phone or the internet

· Real time display at the start/finish

· National Points displays

· Auto scoring chips

· Grater details by overall and by classes, including laps times; aggregate times, time behind leader, etc., etc., etc.

· Heck, I think the Moto-Tally program may also make coffee and serve donuts.

Needless to say, we are excited about our new scoring program and will be giving you more information before our next event; SuperCourse #4 -- "DEEP INTO THE NIGHT" scheduled for August 5-6 (remember this was moved from the September date).

Depending on how many UTVs we wind up at the event, we will have one or two Super-Cs. More on this later, but we can tell you to plan on staying up all night, Saturday 6th.

Just got this. If you have not yet seen the results on our website, please use this link to see them: MotoTally > Alta Vista Events - SuperCourse Series > Race Results

Lou

AVE

rockstarcustomz

Sep 16, 2009
Lake Havasu City, AZ
Well they didn't class us the way we were expecting, but it's okay. 3rd place is pretty respectable considering it was my first time driving my new car and the shocks were not set up for desert racing at all. Very proud of my team! Thanks to Lou for putting on a super fun race!
Lacrecia

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000