Charity Ride

Freeezen

Aug 21, 2009
Orange County, CA
My friend's son (Cody Waters) died of brain cancer last year, just weeks prior to the first annual Cody Waters Ride last March. The Waters family are off road enthusiasts and raised over $20,000 to help fight cancer in their son's name. All are welcome and the ride was a lot of fun last year. The actual day of the ride is Saturday, March 13, 2010, but camping is allowed prior to Saturday.

The Cody Waters Foundation - Home

ZTFab

Zero Tolerance Fabrication - Official UTVUndergrou
Mar 25, 2009
Upland, ca
Sounds like a great ride for a great cause.

My uncle Donny was recently diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. They found brain and lung tumors after he suddenly collapsed with seizure-like symptoms in his photography studio.

He recently had surgery to remove the brain tumor but they are unsure that they can do anything with his lung since the tumor is right next to his aorta.

ZTFab

Zero Tolerance Fabrication - Official UTVUndergrou
Mar 25, 2009
Upland, ca
[FONT=verdana,geneva]2010

CODY WATERS OFF-ROAD[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,geneva] RIDE TO SURVIVE[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,geneva]Saturday March 13, 2010[/FONT]
REGISTRATION AT 8:30 AM
[FONT=verdana,geneva]RIDE STARTS AT 9:30 AM [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,geneva]REGISTRATION FEES[/FONT]
[FONT=trebuchet ms,geneva]$60 per Rider / Driver 12 and over.[/FONT]
[FONT=trebuchet ms,geneva]$30 per passenger or child under 12. [/FONT]
[FONT=trebuchet ms,geneva]Children under 5 are free.[/FONT]
[FONT=trebuchet ms,geneva][FONT=verdana,geneva]START[/FONT] CALIFORNIA CITY
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,geneva]FINISH JAWBONE CANYON STORE[/FONT]
The ride is open to motorcycles, quads, side by sides, buggies and small off road vehicles.
The ride is approximately 30 miles each way. Depending on your ability and vehicle, it should take you about one hour to ride from California City to Jawbone. The route is mostly a fire road and flat desert terrain, with areas of sand, a couple of small hills and some loose rock. Because of the distance and terrain, we recommend that children under 12 ride as a passenger with an adult or other experienced rider. The trail will be clearly marked and there will be experienced staff riders to guide you from start to finish.
Fuel is available at Jawbone Canyon and there will be a chase truck traveling the ride route that can carry your fuel cans for you, should you choose to do so.
Lunch and the raffle drawing will be at 1130 AM at the Jawbone Canyon Store. After lunch you may return to California City with one of the staff members or you can ride back on your own. Also, if you would like to attend the lunch at Jawbone Canyon and cannot participate in the off-road ride, you can drive there via Highway 14.

66cummins

moab junkie
Dec 4, 2009
I know this is a one day event, but will anyone be making a weekend out of it and doing any other riding while there? 4 hr pull for me to get there but I could bring the toyhauler.....

Freeezen

Aug 21, 2009
Orange County, CA
I know this is a one day event, but will anyone be making a weekend out of it and doing any other riding while there? 4 hr pull for me to get there but I could bring the toyhauler.....

Camping is allowed. My group is going up Friday morning and staying until Sunday. I don't know the area well (only been to last year's ride), but the area is huge and offers lots of riding.

Freeezen

Aug 21, 2009
Orange County, CA
Had a great time at the ride. Friday night felt like a tornado was passing through in my trailer. During the ride it was also really windy and COLD, but I think a good time was had by all. Lots of raffle prizes were given out at the bbq lunch and I think there were a total of 178 participants. I don't know the final tally on how much money was raised.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000