Commander LT widths?

desertwheeler

Extra Crispy
Oct 25, 2011
Barstow
So what widths are you guys seein with your long travel kits on commanders? I have a trailer designed for a utv and a quad in sideways in the front. But the width for the utv area I'm limited to 68-69 inches and that's after I have to modify the swing gate and sides. I think it will fit a stock commander as is but with 2-3 inches to spare. So I just want to know what are some real life widths you are seeing you know? Thanks Brian

Flyingbryan

Jun 23, 2011
I have had these two LT kits.
2012 frame Commander XT with X rims

With

Magnum M4 LT Back 68" wide front 66" sitting 68" compressed (tied down)

TurnKeyUTV CX3 Back 66.5" wide, Front 64.5" sitting 66.5" compressed (tied down)

I have the Magnum M4 kit on now (Excellent Kit)

The other kit (over 3 months in the making / promised 3 weeks) had to be removed after one test ride because its rear shock mounts were not lined up with upper frame shock mounts. Due to that the upper right frame shock mount on the car crushed when hitting a small bump even stock suspension was able to handle in the past. (see video)
Was told there was nothing wrong with the kit and when they agreed to take the kit back with a 20% restocking fee (Huh? What) for the defective kit then would not even honor that when I packaged up after getting the new kit on because the new Can Am was coming out. This was just my experience, your experience may very. FYI I will be loosing about $4000 on the hole deal. Ouch

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MHJpUlrIyI&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MHJpUlrIyI&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

The entire ride was on video (multiple cameras) and this was the only bump we went over that the damage could have come from. I have been over this same bump with my stock suspension without any problem. Just saying not trying to bash just pointing out what happened when I had the kit installed by the Long travel manufacturer.

Bryan :cool:

desertwheeler

Extra Crispy
Oct 25, 2011
Barstow
That sucks man. I was considering that kit as an option along with the magnum kit. So with aftermarket rims It sounds like I'd be too wide.

TWood

Aug 15, 2012
Always wanted to know what happen with your first LT kit and now I know and that sucks I am learning thru you Bryan.

Sounds like M4 from Magnum Offroad for me

Flyingbryan

Jun 23, 2011
What does the new Can Am coming have to do with you being able to return your kit?
My thoughts exactly, when TurnkeyUTV said that, it means they don't expect to be selling so many Long Travel kits when guys can sell there Commanders and buy a Maverick cheaper then buying a TurnkeyUTV long travel kit.

I think there will still be a lot of Commanders out there needing the LT upgrade. The Commander is not going away any time soon and with Long travel like the Magnum M4 kit you can keep up with the Maverick over rough terrain.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
The after market will be making long travel kits for the Marverrick too! The new Macerrick is 64 " wide and 14" of travel. With the new designed suspension aftermarket can widen it another 6" and likely achieve another 2" of travel. Something the sand and desert people will want

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000