Did WORCS announce this slight change....

Seaver

Jul 13, 2010
Boise ID
Funny you mention that Doug. KJ n I were talking the other day and I said " I'm like the WORCS Dirty on UTVUG.". I did know about this jus before you posted. Just didn't have computer access :(.
I realize that most of you are better at planning ahead than I so this is an issue. It will be a great venue but yes. Farther for most...
I will contact Sean who has been great to me in the past. I know Joey is super busy as well. See if I can get on the inside line w them and keep us all in the loop better. I'd be happy to help the group if possible.

Reactions: 1 person

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
They didn't change dates. They changed location. And no. It is not common. I've never seen them do it.

And they swapped for our own good. Hungry valley could only supply 50,000 gallons of water. WORCS wants/needs 200,000 to fully prep and put on a race. It would have been a miserable dust bowl

All this info is in the press release on the WORCS ATV site homepage.
The date didnt change this time, but I am pretty sure primms dates were changed. I had them on the calander with rooms booked, then found out 3 weeks before hand the dates were changed by a week. For an org. this big I would think there planning was better.

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
Funny you mention that Doug. KJ n I were talking the other day and I said " I'm like the WORCS Dirty on UTVUG.". I did know about this jus before you posted. Just didn't have computer access :(.
I realize that most of you are better at planning ahead than I so this is an issue. It will be a great venue but yes. Farther for most...
I will contact Sean who has been great to me in the past. I know Joey is super busy as well. See if I can get on the inside line w them and keep us all in the loop better. I'd be happy to help the group if possible.
Rep!

lmcarraher

White Knuckled - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 19, 2011
apple valley ca. 92307
i for one think it sucks,
with fuil prices as high as they are this change is going to break me.
i realize that worcs had to do what they had to do but danm utah??

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
they should change it to Glen Helen, since it was a mud bath in round 1

Seaver

Jul 13, 2010
Boise ID
I agree that glen Helen would be cool in the dry. But before you guys get all worked up you should look at a map. It's the southern most tip of Utah. NOT salt lake. You guys are spoiled that live down there. It's ONE round.

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
looking at the schedule for saturday, they are running all of the utv classes together

El Kido

Aug 29, 2011
Corona, CA
It is only 30mins farther than the drive to speedworld would be so its not that bad, but larrys right on the mileage. It will personally cost me $200 more in gas compared to gorman. I vote for glen helen again. Atleast we know the track is fun :)

s2k1

Feb 27, 2009
Ramona, CA
www.benchmarkperformance.us
The transportation fuel prices are lousy, but everyone has to deal with it. It will be tough on the wallet for me too but instead of complaining, I am going to find a way to make it and use the out of state opportunity to have a little vacation with the family. :D
SxS guys, don't forget we are a small part of the WORCS show. They have literally hundreds of motorcycles and ATVs that race too. If you don't like WORCS, you can always go race the Lucas Regional Series. :cool:

lmcarraher

White Knuckled - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 19, 2011
apple valley ca. 92307
its not that we dont like worcs , they have been great , its just comes as a shocker to most of us. utah means a extra day off work and 3 times the fuel cost , times are just tuff rite now for most every one ,
i for one was pretty stoked when they anounced the 2012 shcedule and idaho and washington was not on the venue,
glenhelen or adelanto would be awsome to do again but.............. (IT IS WHAT IT IS):(

Wyatt

Jan 17, 2011

benhoopes

May 6, 2010
I love the change. I have been driving from Northern UT for all of the races. June in Southern UT is hot. Even at 5,500 ft. I have never ridden in that area but it will be rocky desert I am sure.

Deer Valley is a long ways from Enterprise. But there is some good mountain biking in Brian Head if that is what you like doing when not racing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000