Dogs in Camp

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
Just lookin for some feedback here. As we grow, there seems to be more and more dogs running around off leash. Our dogs aren't super dog freindly so we have to keep them on a leash and watch them close.

I think dogs should be allowed to enjoy the dez like the rest of us but it's hard to bring our dogs and not fair to keep them cooped up in the trailer for fear they might bite another "free running" dog and we'd get sued for the medical bills.

We can't just put them in a kennel everytime we head out.

Tough topic - but let's hear your thoughts.

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
unfortunately you being the responsible one will have to watch your yore own pets. its always the irresponsible people that ruin it for the people that have their shit together.

just like other peoples kids, they just dont act or respect others like yore kids, but thats another topic.

steino411

American Pride
Jan 3, 2011
San Diego
We have the same problem in our camp group. My brother has a pit mix that gets in a fight with some dogs and gets along with others (it is hit and miss), so now he has to keep her chained up. This is a tough one, cause he has same problem as you when other dogs roam into his camp area. We have not come up with a solution yet, because we try not to have too many rules in our camp. Each dog owner is responsible for keeping their dog out of the other guys camp, just hard to do without tying them up.

Great question for Dear Abby, lol :D

66cummins

moab junkie
Dec 4, 2009
tough deal so I opt to leave ours at home. I don't like causing any drama with those we camp with.............

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
We have the same problem in our camp group. My brother has a pit mix that gets in a fight with some dogs and gets along with others (it is hit and miss), so now he has to keep her chained up. This is a tough one, cause he has same problem as you when other dogs roam into his camp area. We have not come up with a solution yet, because we try not to have too many rules in our camp. Each dog owner is responsible for keeping their dog out of the other guys camp, just hard to do without tying them up.

Great question for Dear Abby, lol :D
Well, it's at least good to try and discuss it.

I'll be the first one to say "I love seeing other dogs run around playing and having a great time with each other". Our dogs just don't get it. Being full timers, it's not like we can leave them at home as our rig is our home.

We're all good peeps here and good friends. There has to be an equitable solution that makes everyone happy. I'm not a big "rule" guy either.

Sometimes it helps to discuss the hard things and reach a common agreement.

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
I know it another thing that you have to haul around but a dog fence helps to keep them in or out . It also works with bigger dogs to keep a little bit of a buffer from other dogs and maybe little kids that just want to say hi to the sleeping dog by smacking him with a toy sand shovel . Also there's nothing like stepping in some dog dirt(witch the owner didn't clean up ! ) and walking into your buddy's trailer I thought we never get that crap out of the carpet .

steino411

American Pride
Jan 3, 2011
San Diego
Well, it's at least good to try and discuss it.

I'll be the first one to say "I love seeing other dogs run around playing and having a great time with each other". Our dogs just don't get it. Being full timers, it's not like we can leave them at home as our rig is our home.

We're all good peeps here and good friends. There has to be an equitable solution that makes everyone happy. I'm not a big "rule" guy either.

Sometimes it helps to discuss the hard things and reach a common agreement.
You are right, it is best to discuss it. It also helps if everyone knows each other, as it is easier to talk about. It is when the "new guy" shows up, when people get uncomfortable with the usually "unspoken rules" that all of us campers are supposed to know. Sounds like a topic for a new thread, "A list of Camping Etiquette" (had to look that word up) haha.

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
I know it another thing that you have to haul around but a dog fence helps to keep them in or out . It also works with bigger dogs to keep a little bit of a buffer from other dogs and maybe little kids that just want to say hi to the sleeping dog by smacking him with a toy sand shovel . Also there's nothing like stepping in some dog dirt(witch the owner didn't clean up ! ) and walking into your buddy's trailer I thought we never get that crap out of the carpet .

We have 4 sets of those. Just a real PIA to deal with all the time.

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Yup and if your dog is a male he uses the fence as a tree. But it works out ok for us , no long dog lead getting wrapped around every thing and taking you out at the ankles . lol

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
Yup and if your dog is a male he uses the fence as a tree. But it works out ok for us , no long dog lead getting wrapped around every thing and taking you out at the ankles . lol
I dunno Rich - I mean yes, it works but they can't sit in your lap at the fire, sniff around like the others, etc, etc and they always seem to whine and want out.

The long leashes work and they can crap where I walk like all the others. :cool:

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
I hate my dog with a passion and he's never coming back out with me. Anywhere. Fuck him.

Brian B

Jan 15, 2009
That sounds harsh, but seriously. I looked out the window at KOH the other morning and he's pulled his leash ancor out of the ground and was headed for the hills at 7am. I'm running barefooted across the camp in my boxers chasing after his punk ass. The little fag pisses on everything in sight, pissed on my friends foot, fought a bunch of other dogs, pissed in the borrowed rig I was in, and I just got home to vomit on the couch, floor, and piss all over the place. I'm tempted to put him out of my misery. :mad:

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
That sounds harsh, but seriously. I looked out the window at KOH the other morning and he's pulled his leash ancor out of the ground and was headed for the hills at 7am. I'm running barefooted across the camp in my boxers chasing after his punk ass. The little fag pisses on everything in sight, pissed on my friends foot, fought a bunch of other dogs, pissed in the borrowed rig I was in, and I just got home to vomit on the couch, floor, and piss all over the place. I'm tempted to put him out of my misery. :mad:

Friggin rollin here Brian :cool: - Classic

Brian B

Jan 15, 2009
Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all night! :p

I'm hoping that cutting his balls off and beating him senseless will make him a better dog.

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all night! :p

I'm hoping that cutting his balls off and beating him senseless will make him a better dog.
We tried that - good luck - didn't work with our little Napolean bastard. :cool:

Still thinks he's an effin Wotreiller.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000