DWT CUSTOMER SERVICE IS BAD!

CHADEE

Dec 9, 2011
I just got hung up on from Douglas wheels aka DWT. I was calling to order a part form my DWT sector 3 piece wheels, (which really should be a warranty item considering they are less then a year old.the nut plates to be specific) While I was talking to them the guy SETH couldnt tell me the proper offset for a can am, because I was also expressing interested in wider outer wheel halfs. During the whole conversation I could tell he was trying to get me off the phone. Finally he said his last "I dont know" and I laughingly said what do you know?, then he promptly hung up on me. This is not the first time I have had horrible customer service with them. The first time was with a set of diablo black chrome wheels that the "fake black chrome" flaked off after less then 6 months. They told Discount Tire that i caused the problem and they would not warranty them, so Discount only gave me $400 back on them and I had spent another $700 on my sectors.(900 total invested) Now There patented steel nut plates are all freaking rusted and i have bolts breaking off in them. I will be selling these POS wheels and getting some ITP's or hipers. Thanks

Update: Douglas has contacted me and we are working toward a solution, keep you posted.

Last edited:

Team Green

Reid Nordin - UTVUnderground Approved
Jun 30, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.WalkerEvansEnt.com
1 post and your going to come on here and bust on someone who spends money advertising and invests a boat load in the SXS and ATV community?

There is two sides to every story. Sorry you are bummed out.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I want to say something here. I know Seth personally, he is one of the coolest, most mellow, honest, and all around good guys that I have met in this industry. For him to lose it and hang up on you meant that he had to have been made to be pretty angry. I am not condoning a company hanging up on your or not knowing the answer to your question, but like Reid said. There is always another side to the story.....

CHADEE

Dec 9, 2011
Made him pretty angry? You guys crack me up. You guys must non paying customers. Im from the south, unless there's fighting words you dont hang up on a paying customers, and last time I checked , saying in a laughing manner "well what do you know" is not fighting words. Douglas has contacted me and they are willing to work toward a solution and I will update this thread as so. And as for the guy talking smack about me posting for the first time, I have been reading on here for years, I just didnt feel compared to share or ask a question, now I did.

CHADEE

Dec 9, 2011
thread moved to Octagon.... I understand your frustration but we can't have your first post be a bash thread, not how the Underground rolls.
I understand and I apoligize, and I appreciate you not deleting it. However thread starts and post counts are not my thing, I just read.

FMXer

Dec 11, 2011
Hi Chad
This is Seth, the DWT Employee that hung up on you on Friday. I just wanted to apologize for being very unprofessional with you on the phone. You were right, I felt like an idiot because I didn't know the answer to your question. You were asking about something I didn't know anything about and you got me. I apologize that I took my frustration from my lack of information and a few other things that had gone on that day, out on you. I also apologize to the ATV/UTV community for being a bad representation of a very professional company. DWT's deepest concern is to meet the needs of our customers and be an industry leader in quality, performance and customer service. And I failed on that. I hope the person you spoke with was able to change your opinion on DWT.

Thanks
Seth
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Reactions: 1 person

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
I think we all have bad days and do things we wish we could take back. Seth, I think it's cool that you came on here to defend DWT and own up to your actions. I think someone who was a truly "bad" representative of their company would not care enough to post an apology on a Sunday night. That goes a long way in my book.

I hope I have the strength to handle my shortcomings in such a professional manor.

-brit

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
Hi Chad
This is Seth, the DWT Employee that hung up on you on Friday. I just wanted to apologize for being very unprofessional with you on the phone. You were right, I felt like an idiot because I didn't know the answer to your question. You were asking about something I didn't know anything about and you got me. I apologize that I took my frustration from my lack of information and a few other things that had gone on that day, out on you. I also apologize to the ATV/UTV community for being a bad representation of a very professional company. DWT's deepest concern is to meet the needs of our customers and be an industry leader in quality, performance and customer service. And I failed on that. I hope the person you spoke with was able to change your opinion on DWT.

Thanks
Seth
Well done Seth :cool:

CHADEE

Dec 9, 2011
Hi Chad

Thanks
Seth

I apoligize also for blasting DWt on here and I appreciate you being man up about it. I had just had one bad experience with Dwt before and I guess I just let is slide because I was so excited I was getting my Sectors, and our conversation just sent me over. My intention was never to make you feel like an idiot, I do believe in your Product and hope we get it all worked out and when it's all said and done, hell I'll slap a DWT sticker on the side of my mander.

charlot

Jan 25, 2012
I have problem with dwt too. Im waitng for over 6 week to have part for my wheel thet broke before i had time to do 1 lap. Its suppose to be waranty but we still dont have any answer from dwt. We send picture email and call every week but nothing.

El Kido

Aug 29, 2011
Corona, CA
it was friday the 13 give them a break :p

I did a will call pickup with them for my wheels and they were all cool! Had a nice lounge for me to sit in too!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000