EPS stopped working!?!! Help please!

BrianAshby1

SilverBulletXP4 Sucka!
Feb 22, 2009
Menifee, CA
Ok so I lawn darted my xp4 pretty good, checked the suspension and steering parts over and over again and all looks good. Problem is ever since I nosed it the power steering won't work. The warning light is on. I checked the relay and it's still good.

Anyone have anything like this happen?

BrianAshby1

SilverBulletXP4 Sucka!
Feb 22, 2009
Menifee, CA
Does it turn left when you turn the key on? If so the steering box has been damaged and your going have to replace it.
It doesn't do anything when you turn the key on... No movement at all. It's almost as if the power steering doesn't exist at all. And the arming light on the instrument cluster is on.

And what/where is there EPS control module?

Timberdog

Aug 23, 2010
There should be a control box for your EPS. If it's not visible then it's probably under the dash. It controls speed sensitivity to the wheels. Do you have a shop manual? I'm sure there is a free copy on here or on the RZR forum. You said you checked all your fuses right. There will be one for your eps.

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
Sounds like it knocked a connection loose. Most likely something that is simple to fix but hard to find.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

BrianAshby1

SilverBulletXP4 Sucka!
Feb 22, 2009
Menifee, CA
There should be a control box for your EPS. If it's not visible then it's probably under the dash. It controls speed sensitivity to the wheels. Do you have a shop manual? I'm sure there is a free copy on here or on the RZR forum. You said you checked all your fuses right. There will be one for your eps.
K, I have looked under the dash it's all one big unit... I'll bet the control
Module is part of the EPS itself... Internal to it... Might have to yank it off and rip it apart

Timberdog

Aug 23, 2010
Before you start tearing it apart, if it is all one unit there could other functions of your RZR being run by it. Take it in for a diagnostic before taking it apart...IMO.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000