Excessive Nerfing at the Mint 400.

yield2me

May 17, 2011
Hey man, I understand we are not as fast as some of the other classes, but if you were rammed a little harder than you feel was appropriate, post up. My wife was on the 1st lap and a truck nerfed the hell out of her twice. Her, my son, and the Rhino are ok, but she was less than happy! Who in the hell rams a car that small?

I know the John Deere UTV had the whole rear bed side and front bumper ripped off. I am just wanting to know which other cars where hit and by who. If the same car comes up as being excessive, then we need to contact BITD.

Lastly, I know its racing, and it was dusty, but come on.....

It was an Orange or Red and a Blue Trophylite type vehicle that hit her.

Rob

yield2me

May 17, 2011
This Red Trophylight took out my buddy in 4400. You guys probably saw them on the lake bed all wadded up.

Watch the video and tell me if it was appropriate. Hell, they didnt even stop!!

Rob

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XPjr681I1M&feature=player_embedded]96 MPH Crash at 2012 Mint 400 - Big Ugly Racing - YouTube[/ame]

c&c rhino

UTVUnderground SXS Tech - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 18, 2009
lake elsinore, ca
welcome to bitd. 06' terribles town 250 we got punted by a 8100 big time. he was just being an asshole. lvdc class one passed us nice and clean in a way tighter section, total pros.

yield2me

May 17, 2011
lol...At Parker last year, I was in my 4400 car and the Pro-Trucks came through (3 of them) racing to the finish and we got hit, but at least my Samurai buggy had about 2000# on the Rhino!

Larry Trim nerfed us hard on Power Line road the year before pretty good as too. He never heard his siren!

Rob

rockstarcustomz

RoCkStAr CuStOm MoToRsPoRtS - UTVUnderground Appro
Sep 16, 2009
Lake Havasu City, AZ
As we were hanging waiting for the awards, I overheard one of the 3000 drivers bragging about hitting every side x side he could! Are we just whining or should we be taking this to Casey? I always thought it wasn't cool to nerf any cars that you out class .......:mad:

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
I know of a promoter that has reached out to a local (in my area) business owner about ways to build his UTV count. He is new to promoting but not new to racing and is serious about building his series.

I’m paraphrasing here but basically the promoter stated that he thinks UTV is the easiest, most cost effective way to get into desert racing and he wants them to come to his series.

Anyway check this schedule, maybe it’s worth a look.

HDRA Imperial 250
Saturday – April 7, 2012
5:45 am – STAGING BEGINS FOR RACE # 1
6:15 am – RACE # 1 BEGINS - Classes: 5-1600, 7s, 9, 1400, 1500, WO, 2000, 1300, Stock Full, Stock Beetle, 1900 - All Classes 3 Laps

12:15 pm – STAGING BEGINS FOR RACE # 2
12:30 pm – NATIONAL ANTHEM AND MILITARY AIRCRAFT FLYOVER (time approximate)
1:00 pm - RACE # 2 BEGINS - Classes: Open Trucks, Class 1, 4000, 10, 12, 1600, HM, 8, 7, 3000, TL, 5
All Classes 4 Laps

8:00 pm – 9:30 pm - POST-RACE PARTY – Puerto Nuevo Bar & Grill
9:30 pm – Until ??? – AWARDS PRESENTATION – Puerto Nuevo Bar & Grill

BTW, I am not affiliated with HDRA in any way.

Odyknuck

May 2, 2011
Well. here is my take on this. Is it wrong to deliberity take out another Racer, absolutly! The reality of is however thats the chance you take whn you pull up to the starting line. I too have had a bad experience with a truck "T" boning my Woodsbuggy. I watched him come a cross a wide open space and intensionaly take me out. I was up on my two left wheels at 70 MPH. Fortunatly i was able to save it and finish the Race. Right or wrong it is what it is, as thats racing.

c&c rhino

Jan 18, 2009
lake elsinore, ca
thats not racing at all. thats being a dick. should we pool up some money and run a 8100 ramming machine and " race " the offending dickheads?

jaggedx

Jagged X - Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Jan 14, 2010
www.jaggedx.com
I watched this video several times and while i may not be seeing something correctly but it looks like the truck that crashed made a bad pass and clipped the other truck too closely. I did not see any "bumping" Please explain if this is something else.

Now, on the other hand, i also saw the crashed truck on fire. and the other truck not stop. That is wrong.

Now, I am not sure why the "trophy lite guys would have a problem with utv's racing especially since both classes are fairly new developing classes. I would think we would all be supportive of each other.

The fact is that some guys are just dicks. This is somewhat of an ego driven sport but there is no excuse for poor sportsmanship in any motorsport.

The UTV racers are for the most part a great bunch of guys who race with alot of passion and determination. I know that we have helped out some TL guys in the pits to get their stuff back on the track.

Just my .02

Odyknuck

May 2, 2011
C & C Rhino, I am not condoning poor sportsmanship at all. I am only saying it is going to happen more times than not, it is what it is! Hell i wanted to beat the crap out of the guy that "T" boned me however then that would lower me to his level!

noceros

Jan 22, 2011
Folsom Ca.
We got nerfed at 55 mph buy a 6000 lb koh 4400 buggy # 4417 (he hit us then beeped his horn) scared the sh out of me. I pulled over right away then got 5 yards of power thrown in my face (that was ok - I did that to plenty of other people when I passed) think I threw about a cup of power. the car that took out tech3 teryx hit us 1st, we saw them hooked up 5 min later. somebody took out my rr fender. I tried to move as quick as I could when somebody would come up on us.
We passed easy 20 cars - all clean. This is our 1st race figured what the hell. I will admit if I keep going somebody's going to get thumped at the pits. Rich #1957

c&c rhino

Jan 18, 2009
lake elsinore, ca
no worries ody. ill race anyone clean and hard, but if anyone takes a cheap shot at me and i catch them, ill put em' through the fence. same way i did racing dirtbikes.

1910RLEARD

Sep 28, 2010
here is my 2cents..
I WAS IN THE 1949 RZR W/ DENNIS JEAN. WE GOT HIT BY A JEEP SPEED(17??). THERE WAS NO HORN, NO NOTHING. THAT WAS NOT COOL. EVERYONE ELSE AT LEAST GAVE US A HORN AND WE TRIED TO PULL OVER ASAP. THE FASTER GUYS ARE GOING TO HAVE TO UNDERSTAND THAT THERE ARE SPOTS THAT WE CAN NOT JUST PULL OVER. I AM NOT GOING TO GO RUN MY CAR UP ON A BOULDER IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DESERT JUST SO HE CAN GO BY. I DO THINK CASEY NEEDS TO ADDRESS NOT JUST THE UTV ABOUT GETTING OVER BUT ALSO THE BIG GUYS ABOUT THERE ATTITUDE MORE OR LESS TOWARDS THE UTV'S.

dmurray

#1917 BITD - UTVUnderground Approved
Apr 13, 2010
Eastvale CA
www.murrayracing.com
The bigger classes should be much more careful. I do not think we touched a single utv because everyone seemed to be driving very aware, and properly in our class. But if its any redemption we hit about 10 jeeps, buggies, and even a few trucks.... for redemption of our 1900 class. I heard some terrible situations that took several of our fellow racers out. We should find out who is the main culprits, and identify them to ensure the sport stays safe. There is also a big difference between a friendly tap and a sucker punch.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I love hearing that UTV's are nerfing other / bigger vehicles to move!! lol It sucks to hear of some of you getting nerfed out of the way. I find it difficult to think that another vehicle would run up on you and not use its horn before hitting? I will stress this to all of you who race a UTV in the desert. Your Co-Driver has 1 job he has to be good at, and that is living in the rear view mirror. Your Co-Driver MUST see and hear the vehicle moving up on you. Its hard in dusty situations I know.

A few racers of larger vehicles have now contacted me and said, dude, I am sorry but some of those UTV's out there are just plain dangerous because they are so slow and they do not move over when we come up on them. One guy told me he followed a Rhino for a while that refused to move or acknowledge he was there, this was after he flashed lights and sounded the siren. He was forced to bump and a light bump for a truck could feel like a full on thrashing to a UTV.

Some of the UTV's that are racing are not running very swift paces when you compare them to the other vehicles on course so consider their standpoint as they too are racing for a win in their class. Last thing they want is to be held up by someone who is oblivious to the fact that a bigger faster vehicle is behind them.

With that said, nothing is more irritating for a UTV racer who gets stuck behind a bigger slower vehicle who refuses to move. To me that SUCKS worse because you can't exactly move them out of your way.

One thing I saw that pissed me off was when I saw the Riot Racing 1800 TT/Pre Runner come up on the back of Murray at full blown TT race speed it appeared. Murray's held it together and Riot passed cleanly but had it came up on a less experienced UTV racer I could see that pressure force them to pull off or make a heavy mistake. The 1800 class that is full of TT Pre Runners and Class 1 style pre runners do not belong on the same course IMO. Those guys are kicking up dust and taking up room on a track that should be reserved for points racers.

Anyway, glad everyone is safe but Co-Dog's PLEASE LIVE IN THE MIRROR! Do not become a casualty. We need to protect ourselves when racing.

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
I didn't hit a single UTV and still passed 27 on the first lap. But I do have to say that some REALLY slowed us down and would not get out of the way despite two full-on air horns and a 112 db electric horn 6" off of their bumper. I won't call you out, but I definately know who you are. But like D Murray, I was a tad more aggressive getting the Trophy Lites and 2/1600's out of the way, but only after they got a lot of air horn. But that is racing and I did have a blast. We only got hit by one vehicle and it was a Trophy Truck racing in 1800 (gentle and no damage).

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000