Felix Racing to introduce "Young Gun" driver at Contingency

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
There have been some very cool programs announced recently and one is the Young Gun program by Felix Racing and our sponsors. We will be announcing the first Young Gun who will be driving their first desert race at UTV World Championship. All teams who are interested in helping with the program would be welcome. This is a privateer effort to provide an opportunity to others who are bootstrapping their race program and careers.

PRESS RELEASE:
PHONE: 713-249-2893
EMAIL: [email protected]

Felix Racing and our sponsors/partners are proud to announce The "Young Gun" program. The program provides a pathway for young aspiring racers to experience offroad desert racing that may be otherwise not available to them. The Felix Racing team will provide a BITD/SCORE legal Polaris Rzr XP 1000 and the selected Young Gun racer will have the opportunity to pilot their own race vehicle in races throughout the year. We wish for them to experience all the challenges of desert racing to promote the sport to the next generation of rising stars. The program will be open to any experienced racer who applies to participate in the program. We expect the program to be a huge success and hope to expand the stable of available cars to provide an awesome experience to more young racers in the future.

Utv World Championship will be the first race and we are all extremely excited to debut the first Young Gun to participate. We will be announcing the name at The Mint 400. The driver is currently racing a Polaris Rzr XP 1000 in short course and has never raced a desert race but we think they have the skill and determination to do well and the Felix Racing team and our friends in the racing community will all be out there to make this a great family racing experience.

Thanks to all the sponsors and partners who helped make this community effort happen. Turner Cycles, Keizer Wheels, Throttle Out Performance, Mototire, KC Hilites, KB Utv Products, H-Town Performance, Desert Craft, Streamline Brakes, Double E Racing, Walker Evans Racing, UTV Underground.

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
We announced Shelby Anderson will be the driver for UTVWC. She' excited to drive in her first desert race as we are to share the experience with her and her team. Her selection was based on several factors. One she can handle a Polaris Rzr at a level we felt was safe to throw in with you aggressive maniacs.. She also can prep her own car which was given less weight but still impressive. She has a 3.8 gpa also impressive and demonstrates a commitment to hard work. She also works training young kids on Polaris Rzr 170 teaching them to drive. All these factors were considered and her expressed desire to stay connected to the program in the future to help others experience the opportunity. The focus was on her and her dad as she put it "my team" and "main guy" Rod. The only "connection" discussed was Walker Evans willing to help shock tuning. Since we have WE on the car that made perfect sense.

I wanted to try and explain the thought that went into this so people would understand this can be for anyone that meets the general criteria I mentioned. First and foremost we want them safe in a race car. Lesser experienced could possibly try their hand in a smaller venue possibly but safety, desire, attitude, hard work, and a desire to succeed in life is all that's required. We will look at the individual not their family or connections to the industry. I want to be clear on that. Anyone who knows me will tell you Im about the things that matter such as character and willingness to work hard and succeed. I think this could be a great community program and I'd invite anyone or team that's interested in contributing in any way to talk to me about your ideas.

The first race will be UTV World Championship and if it goes well we will decide what's next. Thank you to the sponsors who have expressed their support and for all the supportive comments from the race community. .....I hope everyone will come out and support her at the race April 13-15. #1858

Reactions: jajl22

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000